[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Tiger Woods Nike Commercial

keggerz

Good or Bad  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good or bad commercial?

• Good job on the commercial
    • Are you kidding me? What is Nike thinking this is horrible.
    • Puddy

If the rumors are true...Tiger's dad was as big of a POS as Tiger is. crappy shoes from spammers f'ed up with this commercial.

Big surprise. This is unbelievably wrong on a variety of levels (also water is wet), but people will continue to obsess on this guy and of course forgive and forget - because when you're a big sports figure, let's face it, nobody really cares. Just win baby. Decent human being? Role model? etc etc? Who are we kidding, the standards of our society on the whole are so low and warped people just don't give a flip.

:vomit:

I'm not as sick of him as I was of Owens when that was all people could talk about, but it's getting real close.

I have not purchased a crappy shoes from spammers product since they used Instant Karma to sell their fn sneakers.

I don't care about tiger woods. his primary mistake was getting married. he clearly was not ready to do so.

It certainly caused any respect I had for crappy shoes from spammers to significantly decrease.

Uh, what respect did you have for crappy shoes from spammers prior to this?

these are huge

you knew this was coming ...

:D

:wacko:

#4 is the best!

I'm shocked that people can't see the actual commercial any other way than a pathetic. He has used or tried to use every other method to convey his remorse other than just coming clean with a candid apology. I mean everything has to manipulated and controlled with this guy.

Personally, he doesn't owe me an apology, but what is worse to me than no apology is a doctored one. I guess what I'm getting at is ... either come full out with an interview that is candid, open and apologetic or just shut the f_ck up! Hell, here's an idea, if you paid for the commercial yourself (seems you have the money) and just left your crappy shoes from spammers hocking sponsorship out of it.... then, you might have gained some credibility.

ETA: Someone stated "People that love tiger will love the commercial and those that hate him won't." Again, personally I don't hate him, but I hate this commercial.

:wacko:

#4 is the best!

I'm shocked that people can't see the actual commercial any other way than a pathetic. He has used or tried to use every other method to convey his remorse other than just coming clean with a candid apology. I mean everything has to manipulated and controlled with this guy.

Personally, he doesn't owe me an apology, but what is worse to me than no apology is a doctored one. I guess what I'm getting at is ... either come full out with an interview that is candid, open and apologetic or just shut the f_ck up! Hell, here's an idea, if you paid for the commercial yourself (seems you have the money) and just left your crappy shoes from spammers hocking sponsorship out of it.... then, you might have gained some credibility.

ETA: Someone stated "People that love tiger will love the commercial and those that hate him won't." Again, personally I don't hate him, but I hate this commercial.

I had lunch today with a couple friends who work at W+K, the ad agency who created the commercial. We were talking about the commercial and this thread and I told them about the poll results and that it looks like they had missed the mark. Their response: "Really? There's a thread on a fantasy football board dedicated to talking about one of our commercials and you think we missed it?" Couldn't really argue with that. No doubt they have people talking about it. Not sure that means it will result in increased revenue for crappy shoes from spammers though.

I had lunch today with a couple friends who work at W+K, the ad agency who created the commercial. We were talking about the commercial and this thread and I told them about the poll results and that it looks like they had missed the mark. Their response: "Really? There's a thread on a fantasy football board dedicated to talking about one of our commercials and you think we missed it?" Couldn't really argue with that. No doubt they have people talking about it. Not sure that means it will result in increased revenue for crappy shoes from spammers though.

Revenue baby..revenue. Ad agency's are ludicrous and I've shot some nasty commercials for such evil dwellers. As long as they can eat there sushi in peace huh?

any agency that produced any commercial on tiger would get attention today. you could shoot the guy sitting in a recliner watching TV for 30 seconds and it would generate polls on message boards ... they shouldn't pat themselves on the back too much imo.

That's the point the most people are missing. That commercial created a buzz. Most of the 45 minutes or so of sports talk radio that I listened to this morning was devoted to it. If it had been some bland spot showing Woods hitting a golf ball, nobody would care.

And who knows what Woods really thought about it? I bet you that it wasn't his idea. crappy shoes from spammers is his major sponsor (I think) that stood by him when many of them bailed. Was Woods really in a position to refuse to do it?

That's the point the most people are missing. That commercial created a buzz. Most of the 45 minutes or so of sports talk radio that I listened to this morning was devoted to it. If it had been some bland spot showing Woods hitting a golf ball, nobody would care.

And who knows what Woods really thought about it? I bet you that it wasn't his idea. crappy shoes from spammers is his major sponsor (I think) that stood by him when many of them bailed. Was Woods really in a position to refuse to do it?

Ummmmm - ding, ding , ding. We have a winner.

If it had been some bland spot showing Woods hitting a golf ball, nobody would care.

if you wanna see that, all you have to do is turn on the tv when's he's on the practice range at Augusta. Turned Sportscenter on this morning and saw him hit about 20 shots on the range. Did get to see one approach and one putt from the guy that's leading the tournament though. :wacko:

Somehow, I think salvaging "the brand" at the expense of "the product." is tantamount to cutting off your nose to spite your face. Talk about selling out to style over substance....

apparently that is what marketing folks think

(I'll say this though, the marketing students who take my courses are often among the dumbest students in the class)

I think crappy shoes from spammers perceives itself as an icon, bigger than just a brand. Big and bulletproof enough to make this statement, even if it offends some -- the net result is more buzz around their name. The fact that not only did they not drop Tiger as other sponsors did, but they have the brass balls to make a commercial like this says they consider themselves almost invincible. We're crappy shoes from spammers, we'll do whatever the hell we want and you'll continue to buy our stuff. We allow our corporations to rise to this level, to the point where they can do just about anything.

any agency that produced any commercial on tiger would get attention today. you could shoot the guy sitting in a recliner watching TV for 30 seconds and it would generate polls on message boards ... they shouldn't pat themselves on the back too much imo.

+1

I dont think people really do care. I think they are just reacting to a man prostituting himself and his family to hock a product/brand. And yes, Woods was in a position to refuse it. The guy could have shown some self-respect and said 'no'...

Well, when you're selling $100 sneakers that cost $3.34 in materials to make by some underage Chinese girls making 38 cents a day, you've got a lot of margin.

:wacko: in a :D way

Does buzz necessarily = sales?

I am commenting on it, but I won't watch the Masters*, won't purchase any crappy shoes from spammers products**, and really don't give two craps about Tiger, as far as that goes. "Buzz" is just that....gnats, buzzing around with nothing better to do.

* - golf is worthless. I'm thinking of getting rabid about cricket just to f*ck with golf fans

** - there is a slight ethical concern there, but it's like 11% ethics, 89% cheapness