[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dogs...

rocknrobn26

then when they die/have to be put down you get a hole in your heart. :(

So what do you do? You get another dog to fill the hole! :wacko: The day after Nilly's death, I said "NO MAS!!!". Then I'd be eating lunch w/ a little spare meat and looking for a food bowl that wasn't there. Come in the front door no one to greet me. Looked for her when I was taking a nap as she was always by my side. By Monday I saw the look on my wife's face. She definitely wanted another dog. :):(:):(:) I had to agree as the lack of one was not an option.

Meet Miley...

She's a Catahoula Leopard (Louisiana's state dog) rescue dog mix (Saints fan I guess Louisiana breed but found in Tennessee. Titan fan?). ~18 months old, ~27#'s, tail wagging constantly. She has one blue eye and one brown (Trait). She's definitely a hunter. Chasing critters all over the yard. I wonder when she'll bring us a "gift"? :lol: She's very good w/ strangers so far (Sky...SKY???), dogs.... not sure yet though she got along w/ 5 other dogs at her foster home.

We're thinking about sending her to doggy day care to test her w/ other dogs, before we test her w/ the neighbor's dogs. Could use opinions on that one. Anyone? She has really bonded w/ the wife. First time for her as all three of our other dogs were pretty much mine, that is they loved her, relied on her for nurturing, but listened to me. Thanks to Scooby, Bunz, Kid Cid, Max, & Shug (hope I didn't forget anyone) for commenting on my facebook page. Special shout out to Shug. Thanks so much for your help w/ Nilly and also the pluses and minuses of foster dogs. :tup::lol::lol: Dam...is there any resource that we don't have here??? Are there any here that won't help? God bless this place! :tup:

So wish us luck!

TIA

Mr. & Mrs. rr26

Edited by rocknrobn26

My girl Nikki is part Catahoula. Part catahoula and part chow. That makes her a loyal dog and one who loves to herd. Word has it, the catahoula, also known as a hog dog, is used for herding pigs. Well, to herd a pig, you basically have to heckle it into chasing you. So the dog gets the pig to chase it back to the pen, where it runs through a big gate that the pig can follow it through and a little gate that the pig can't.

Any rate, that's what I've been told.

Congrats on the new member to your family.

She's a cutie, RR! :wacko:

You and Carol crack me up....one says the other doesn't want a dog. Or says the other does and they aren't sure.

Just admit it.....you BOTH wanted another dog........LOL. :tup:

You're right....once you have one around...not having one around just feels empty.

Good Luck! :tup:

very cool :tup:

Never seen a dog with one blue eye before - pretty wild.

It's a trait of several breeds...Catahoulas, Malmutes, Huskies and more. Pretty cool IMHO.

My girl Nikki is part Catahoula. Part catahoula and part chow. That makes her a loyal dog and one who loves to herd. Word has it, the catahoula, also known as a hog dog, is used for herding pigs. Well, to herd a pig, you basically have to heckle it into chasing you. So the dog gets the pig to chase it back to the pen, where it runs through a big gate that the pig can follow it through and a little gate that the pig can't.

Any rate, that's what I've been told.

Congrats on the new member to your family.

You nailed it. She is a hunter no doubts about it!

She's a cutie, RR! :lol:

You and Carol crack me up....one says the other doesn't want a dog. Or says the other does and they aren't sure.

Just admit it.....you BOTH wanted another dog........LOL. :lol:

You're right....once you have one around...not having one around just feels empty.

Good Luck! :(

:wacko: Bunz...you know us tooooooo well! :tup:

You are going to have your hands full with that thing. You've no idea what you've gotten yourself into.

Possibly, but we are in there for the long haul. We will do whatever is necessary. 3 dogs...many problems...never gave up on any!

You are a good man, RR.

TY, My friend!

GREAT looking dog! Congrats on your new family member!! :lol:

TY and check your PM's.

It's very common for Syberian Huskies to have one brown and one blue eye. But it is very rare in all other breeds (that I know of, anyway).

Fwiw...Catahoulas can have a "cracked eye". That is one eye that has both colors! Other breeds can have the same thing.

Tom-Great looking dog. Enjoy!! We are waiting for our new golden retriever pup. We can get her in about a month. We had to put down our 11 year old golden in December. We decided to get a puppy from a breeder who advertised on a fabulous website on line. We can't wait-but still an empty place in our hearts from our loss of our golden(Shugs). Peace

You are going to have your hands full with that thing. You've no idea what you've gotten yourself into.

If I had a nickel for every time I've used that line... :wacko:

And congrats on the new family member Tom! You are a good man!

Edited by The Holy Roller

Tom-Great looking dog. Enjoy!! We are waiting for our new golden retriever pup. We can get her in about a month. We had to put down our 11 year old golden in December. We decided to get a puppy from a breeder who advertised on a fabulous website on line. We can't wait-but still an empty place in our hearts from our loss of our golden(Shugs). Peace

Believe me I know the feeling. The wife and I will sometimes call her Nilly. :wacko:

Good luck with your new pup. :tup:

Cute dog!

They definitely fill a need in some people's lives, mine included. I have fallen head over heels for my 5 lb Yorkie female, Bella. I almost never call her that as she has more nicknames than I can count. Last night she had an upset stomach and was vomitting every 30 minutes or so. I sat awake until 3am to make sure she was OK. At 5 lbs, a lot can happen quickly, so she would sleep for a while and then wake up and try to vomit. It passed (whatever it was), but no way was I letting her go through it alone. Little dogs can dehydrate fast. I would do it every night, if necessary. I always had big dogs growing up, but this little peanut owns me!!

Fwiw...Catahoulas can have a "cracked eye". That is one eye that has both colors! Other breeds can have the same thing.
MINE DOES! She looks crosseyed sometimes, kinda funny.

Hey RR, I have a Catahoula/Lab named Reba, after the Phish song not the singer! She has been a part of my life for 10 years and she is my BUDDY! Very very loyal dogs who need lots of attention and exercise. They are dogs that will do something bad just to get the attention. Your dog will love to chase rabbits, squirrels, etc. They are BRILLIANT dogs. Reba is definitely one of the smartest dogs I have ever come across and all I did was basic obedience training and kept her exercised. I can't open flickr here at work but I will check your pupdog out when I get home.

Don't even wanna think what I would do without her. :wacko: