[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who are your favorite "this generation" actors?

tazinib1

IMO, Leonardo DiCaprio is easily my favorite current actor. I love the movies he makes and cant wait to see Inception. Still havent seen Shutter Island either.

I agree he has finally come in to his own. I used to hate the guy just because I thought he was overrated.

I agree too, used to think the same thing about him, he just keeps getting better and better. Shutter Island :wacko:

How could I forget Spacey, incredible talent. Like Ed Norton too. And Helent Hunt.

Gen X is thought to be born from 1961-1965 (I think more like 1965) to about 1981

Nah early even mid-60s is more like tail end of baby boomers. Gen X started late 60s ish. Although really this whole trying to name generations thing has IMO gotten old.

Matt Damon

+1 - Can't believe he's not mentioned till this far down the list.

Norton is awesome too. He doesn't have looks or physique, but he's always making whatever he's in believable. And Pitt has gone from pretty-boy to serious actor and he's damn fine at it. As much as I hate to admit it, Depp is on his game.

Also would like to see "generation" defined. If Hanks is there, then so should Harrison Ford. And to me, Gary Sinese (sp?) is one of the most underrated actors out there.

Some great <60 actors already mentioned. A couple of my favorites:

Paul Giamatti

George Clooney

Ray Liotta

Geez - how could I forget?

Denzel Washington

Joaquin Phoenix

Edited by ljbrun

Some great <60 actors already mentioned. A couple of my favorites:

Paul Giamatti

George Clooney

Ray Liotta

Geez - how could I forget?

Denzel Washington

Joaquin Phoenix

Great call

GREAT movie. I watch it everytime it comes on.

It is my son's and my favorite and we have the movie poster framed. I bet I have seen it in parts 25 times.

And, I think "this generation" as being within 10yrs or so of my age ...

I think that is an unsatisfactory definiton, the ultimate sliding scale. for ursa, laurence olivier is "this generation".

when old folks complain and say something like, "this generation doesn't know the value of hard work", do you think they are talking about people their age? no, they're talking about the generation that is currently coming of age and beginning to influence society.

IMO, Leonardo DiCaprio is easily my favorite current actor. I love the movies he makes and cant wait to see Inception. Still havent seen Shutter Island either.

I agree he has finally come in to his own. I used to hate the guy just because I thought he was overrated.

agreed - Leo just makes outstanding choices in his roles, lately all of his performances are great and his movies kick ass. Departed, Blood Diamond, and now Inception- the role+ movie is hugh, I am not going to see Depp in a Tim Burton vehicle- ever.

Depp? great actor but I cannot remember the last movie of his I liked - Pirates? for the gheys

dudes I like watching:

Clooney

Damon

Crowe

Norton

Will Smith

Timothy Olyphant

Denzel & Hanks are the 2 superstars tho - a few misses in there but so many HR and al

I think Jonah Hill is a great comedic actor and will be around for a long time.

Hard to think of any good serious actors of that generation, as it usually takes them a while to become established and credible. For *my* generation I'd say Sean Penn, Johnny Depp, and Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I'll say Samuel Jackson if he qualifies too.

Have any of you seen John Malkovich in Dangerous Liaisons?

Did you see Uma in Dangerous Liasions? :wacko:

damn someone beat me to it.

Edited by SLAYER