[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Percy Harvin collapsed at practice

Goopster24

Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin collapsed at the team’s Winter Park facility Thursday while watching practice and was loaded into an ambulance.

Harvin, who has suffered from severe migraines, was not on the field for the start of practice. He was seen talking to head athletic trainer Eric Sugarman outside the locker room at Winter Park and then jogged onto the field to watch practice. A few minutes later, Harvin vomited and then fell to the ground.

Practice continued as the team’s medical staff tended to him. After about 10 minutes, a police car and ambulance from the Hennepin County Medical Center arrived and EMTs tended to Harvin as practice stopped and players watched.

Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin collapsed at the team’s Winter Park facility Thursday while watching practice and was loaded into an ambulance.

Harvin, who has suffered from severe migraines, was not on the field for the start of practice. He was seen talking to head athletic trainer Eric Sugarman outside the locker room at Winter Park and then jogged onto the field to watch practice. A few minutes later, Harvin vomited and then fell to the ground

:wacko: He wasn't even practicing....had just jogged onto the field to watch, then vomited and collapsed.

I hope I am wrong, but between this and the chronic migranes....something seems very wrong with this young man.

Probably just got choked up seeing a real NFL QB on the field...

This.

But in all seriousness, there seems to be something very wrong with Percy Harvin, and he needs to take some time and figure it out. "Migraine Problems" can only go so far imo.

+1

Korey Stringer immediately came to mind when I saw the Harvin headline. Weird to think that happened almost 10 years ago.

The thing with migraines is that you can't do much about them. It sucks. Sounds like he looked up into the sky while fielding a punt and it hit him. He left the field for awhile and then came back on before the vomiting and severe stuff happened. They said he was unresponsive for awhile and the players were shook up about it.

Yea, I was at the Vikes TC on the day that Stringer died. That was as hot as it gets and as hot as I've seen it here. Very sad.

The thing with migraines is that you can't do much about them. It sucks. Sounds like he looked up into the sky while fielding a punt and it hit him. He left the field for awhile and then came back on before the vomiting and severe stuff happened. They said he was unresponsive for awhile and the players were shook up about it.

Yea, I was at the Vikes TC on the day that Stringer died. That was as hot as it gets and as hot as I've seen it here. Very sad.

Yikes, doesn't sounds good. :wacko:

As someone who also suffers from migraines I know how bad they suck. I can only imagine trying to play football while battling one. Hope that's all it is and everything is well.

Aye, me too. I wouldn't even be there.

The kid better take some time to truly understand what is causing this or he could cause permanent damage if he's not careful. I'd never wish that kind of pain on anyone!

He's got some issues, hopefully they get to the bottom of it. :tup:

+1

I will fully admit to badmouthing Harvin for smoking up before the combine. While that was still silly on his part, I think we're getting an idea now of maybe why he'd do that. Seems as though he's got some serious health issues going on and maybe the Josh Gordon was one of the only things that helped him feel better. Not making an excuse for him...just saying I might understand better now.

Hopefully, they can figure out what all is going on with him. Strange that he's been spending time at Mayo and they havent found anything over the course of testing/treating his migraines :wacko:

+1

I will fully admit to badmouthing Harvin for smoking up before the combine. While that was still silly on his part, I think we're getting an idea now of maybe why he'd do that. Seems as though he's got some serious health issues going on and maybe the Josh Gordon was one of the only things that helped him feel better. Not making an excuse for him...just saying I might understand better now.

Hopefully, they can figure out what all is going on with him. Strange that he's been spending time at Mayo and they havent found anything over the course of testing/treating his migraines :wacko:

After he was suffering with them last year, they had finally claimed that they had figured out how to treat them and keep them under control, but I guess it hasn't continued to work.

Really a shame and I hope he can get them under control. As a UGA fan, I might never be able to root for Tebow, but Harvin has always been one helluva football player. I hope this doesn't hold him back from that.

(ETA: Especially with suffering with nausea, pot would definitely help him far more than opiate-based medicines, BTW.)

Edited by delusions of granduer

Childress said that Harvin’s episode was triggered when he looked up into a mostly cloudy sky to field a punt during a special teams drill. Harvin went inside to see team physician Dr. Sheldon Burns, then came back out to the field.

At that point, Harvin doubled over and was seen trembling, before players and coaches stood in front of him for privacy while reporters watched from a distance.

“I don’t know how they classify it,” Childress said. “Not really a seizure, but he had some trouble over here. I’d be remiss if I tried to qualify it one way or another. It seemed like he was stable.”

The Vikings continued with practice for about five minutes while Harvin was being worked on, then drills were stopped while the situation was sorted out. After Harvin was loaded into the ambulance, the Vikings gathered on the field and took a knee in prayer. They resumed their work for a few more minutes before calling practice over at least an hour early.

The ambulance did not leave right away after Harvin was loaded, and it left without sirens sounding or lights flashing. Though the situation didn’t appear grave, it was clearly somber.

“Obviously that one hit, and it hit hard,” Childress said. “It’s always scary for all of our guys when you see a teammate struggling with whatever.”

This is rediculous. Weed isn't a performancing enhancing drug and as someone who occassionally treats his migraines with Josh Gordon, I say let the kid smoke.

Also, he needs to see a good chiropractor.

Also, he needs to stop playing football :wacko:

I think it has to do with it being against the law more than performance enhancing.

Has there ever been any type of CAT scan or any other test performed on his brain? I fully understand the debilitating affects of migraines, but this just sounds to me like something alittle more serious. I hope not, but man this just screams more than migraines to me.

My kid spent most of his childhood at Mayo trying to solve his migraines. He had the best doctors in the departments and he still gets migraines.