[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need help picking a baby name

Square

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craphonso

I like to give my wife a hard time about blending this and another name... I've always told her as a sports fan that I really admire Plaxico Burress and Craphonso Thorpe and when we have a son will name him either Crapico or Plaxicrap in honor of the two.

nuke

T_bone

tbimm

:tup:

I should've seen this coming. :tup:

Circle

Triangle

Rectangle

Trapezoid

:wacko:

We really need your last name. Sometimes saying them together can have unsavory consequences.

Also the possibilities for nicknames are crucial.

My last name wouldn't really get in the way. Doesn't really rhyme with many first names and it starts with a letter that most first names don't begin with.

Delonta' -your last name-

Qieong -your last name-

Jitendar -your last name-

Muktar -your last name-

Efrain -your last name-

Kwesi -your last name-

Anand -your last name-

David -your last name-

Akram -your last name-

Nnaemeka -your last name-

Sergey -your last name-

Yuri -your last name-

Are these the 911 bombers? Maybe it's just Muktar but it reminds me of Star Trek or Terrorists. Even for you, that is a random group. :lol:

see any serious suggestions that you like so far ?

Johnathan - shortened down to Jon isn't bad. I always tell my wife that a one syllable nickname isn't a bad thing because it's easier to yell "___ stop climbing that!" if they don't have a long name. The other problem we have is that sometimes she'll like the long name but not the short version. For example she kind of likes Benjamin but doesn't like Ben as much. Women... :lol:

Liam - kind of like this one, but can you rock a name like that if you aren't really Irish? My wife his half German and have Mexican so the kid could be a little tan. So I like the name, but if the kid has dark brown eyes and non-pale skin I'm not sure how that'd go over. I might have to get him into Karate at age 4 just to be sure. :lol:

Christopher - not bad to call him Chris (don't think I can get behind Jude)

Derek - another not bad. Could work out. :tup:

Logan - Like the name, but not sure how that would sound as a whole with the last name.

Kyle - I like this one. Got the feeling I'll like it more than my wife, but it's pretty solid.

This chit's hard man. Trying to find a reasonably normal name that isn't one of the top 25 boys name. Might sound dumb but it was easier to pick a girls name. :wacko:

Maybe it's just Muktar but it reminds me of Star Trek or Terrorists. Even for you, that is a random group. :wacko:

Oh I'm sorry...is there something wrong with Star Trek? My first-born son's name is Spock and my daughter's name is Orion.

Are you some kinds of Star Wars nerd or something? I know...name yer boy "Darth"....Darth Square. He'll never get his ass kicked on the playground.

We went ethnic with our daughters names and named them after her grandmother and my dad (sort of) My oldest is Rafaella (named afetr my wifes grandmother) My little one is Angelia (my dad is angelo) we would have named either of them Angelo if they were boys but after child 2 we closed up shop so I went with the female version of Angelo.

Is there anyone in the family tree that you might want to name him after ?

Johnathan - shortened down to Jon isn't bad. I always tell my wife that a one syllable nickname isn't a bad thing because it's easier to yell "___ stop climbing that!" if they don't have a long name. The other problem we have is that sometimes she'll like the long name but not the short version. For example she kind of likes Benjamin but doesn't like Ben as much. Women... :lol:

Liam - kind of like this one, but can you rock a name like that if you aren't really Irish? My wife his half German and have Mexican so the kid could be a little tan. So I like the name, but if the kid has dark brown eyes and non-pale skin I'm not sure how that'd go over. I might have to get him into Karate at age 4 just to be sure. :lol:

Christopher - not bad to call him Chris (don't think I can get behind Jude)

Derek - another not bad. Could work out. :tup:

Logan - Like the name, but not sure how that would sound as a whole with the last name.

Kyle - I like this one. Got the feeling I'll like it more than my wife, but it's pretty solid.

This chit's hard man. Trying to find a reasonably normal name that isn't one of the top 25 boys name. Might sound dumb but it was easier to pick a girls name. :wacko:

As more people give their kids trendy and/or unusual names, I think the old "classics" are even more appealing...

David, Daniel, Mark, Mathew, etc

ranks #32 as a girl's name, #216 as a boy's name. may as well name him sue.

I was really tempted to buy him a UGA cheerleaders outfit when he was a toddler and give it to his parents... but didn't.

As more people give their kids trendy and/or unusual names, I think the old "classics" are even more appealing...

Did you just get all biblical on us?

David is a good one. Powerful, like a CEO, yet if he's more the laid back type, "Dave" exudes coolness. Dave gets all the chicks and always has a bag of quality herb on him. Gives the kid options.

I like to give my wife a hard time about blending this and another name... I've always told her as a sports fan that I really admire Plaxico Burress and Craphonso Thorpe and when we have a son will name him either Crapico or Plaxicrap in honor of the two.

Nice.

Pray for twins. :wacko:

Alas I had two girls and threw in the white towel for fear of having a third. :wacko:

Just went thru something similar. Had 2 girls. Wife wanted a boy. I kept telling her there was no guarantees we wouldn't end up with 3 girls (both our mothers are the youngest of 3 girls).... Sure enough, had #3 which ended up being a boy. (man are 3 kids 3 years old and under a lot to keep up with).

Square, I'll PM you our old boys list which had quite a few names on it when we started.