[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drinking habits

BeeR

Good habits die hard. Mine aint going anywhere. :tup:

Anyway, I can't imagine this will prompt any other jokes :wacko::tup: but just wondering and foolishly thinking some might give a "legit" answer. So generally....how often and how much? Like some people drink less often but hit it heavier when they do, others drink steadily but not as much (that's me); some don't do much or often, and some of you are total freakin lushes. Don't know how anyone does that even if they can afford it - I'm gettin too old for the heavy drinkin.

Also what do you most often drink (ie beer vs wine vs hard stuff) or do you bounce around a lot? I mostly drink beer but get on streaky wine stretches sometimes when beer starts getting old. Rarely drink the hard stuff but it's a nice change of pace once in awhile.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I drink 1-2 glasses of wine most evenings. A few beers on weekends. I've had maybe 15-20 mixed drinks in the last 25 years.

I've been drunk twice in the past 25 years, both times with THEKING from BOTH league Dash-4.

Funny. You don't usually that kind of restrained self-control outside of serial killers.

The last time I got really, really drunk, I played quarters using vodka. I was winning as I was quite good. However, I was quite mouthy about my prowess. As such, everyone at the table, without my knowledge, teamed up against me. It was not a good night or next day. I decided that I didn't want to experience that again. So I didn't.

And then I hunted down each of them and murdered them.

The last time I got really, really drunk, I played quarters using vodka. I was winning as I was quite good. However, I was quite mouthy about my prowess. As such, everyone at the table, without my knowledge, teamed up against me. It was not a good night or next day. I decided that I didn't want to experience that again. So I didn't.

And then I hunted down each of them and murdered them.

If you were in Fla at the time, probably just as well.

Not a steady drinker, but if it's in the house I'll go through it fairly quickly. Sometimes wine, sometimes beer, sometimes liquor, just depends on what I've got a taste for when I'm in the mood to drink. Typically when I buy I get no more than 1 bottle of whatever or a six pack.

I use to drink a lot - stupid amount. Probably a bottle of wine a night then at least 3-4 bottles over the weekend with beer and vodka on top of that.

I then realized that fat, drunk, and irresponsible was no way to go through life and raise a family so I got into shape and cleaned up my act. I'll still tie one on every now and then and amazing enough I still have a great tolerance.

So to answer your question - a few beers or glasses of wine every few weeks unless I head out with friends then I'll probably put away about 8-12 for the evening then be worthless the following day.

You know...with the way things have been, I think I just might start drinking. :wacko:

Seriously.

Edited by irish

Good habits die hard. Mine aint going anywhere. :tup:

Anyway, I can't imagine this will prompt any other jokes :wacko::tup: but just wondering and foolishly thinking some might give a "legit" answer. So generally....how often and how much? Like some people drink less often but hit it heavier when they do, others drink steadily but not as much (that's me); some don't do much or often, and some of you are total freakin lushes. Don't know how anyone does that even if they can afford it - I'm gettin too old for the heavy drinkin.

Hmmm. Long story untold, I've been assessing my drinking and I can't really come up with anything more succinct than "it varies" - I've knocked down 5 cases between 7 people in 3 days, and I've gone at least 3 weeks without a drop at different times in the past few years. I guess I don't necessarily drink daily, but when I DO decide to tie one on, I can put 'em down.

Hmmm. Long story untold, I've been assessing my drinking and I can't really come up with anything more succinct than "it varies" - I've knocked down 5 cases between 7 people in 3 days, and I've gone at least 3 weeks without a drop at different times in the past few years. I guess I don't necessarily drink daily, but when I DO decide to tie one on, I can put 'em down.

This...

I tend to drink a beer or two most nights during the week and I might go through 8-12 on the weekends during football season. Beer and football go fully hand-in-hand for me. :wacko:

I drink less in the offseason :tup:

Edited by Trojanmojo

I binge and burnout ... If I have eaten then I can drink and will be fine. If I have not eaten and drink, then I drink to the point that my stomach is so full but yet I am so hungry and then I proceed to clean out the fridge and ultimately end up puking it all out around 2 am. It ain't college anymore. Bout to get back into the gym so I will go on a health binge and drink only once or twice per week, as opposed to 4-5 times per week. Used to be on Friday afternoons but I have turned that into family day so that helps. :wacko:

I use to drink a lot - stupid amount. Probably a bottle of wine a night then at least 3-4 bottles over the weekend with beer and vodka on top of that.

I then realized that fat, drunk, and irresponsible was no way to go through life and raise a family so I got into shape and cleaned up my act. I'll still tie one on every now and then and amazing enough I still have a great tolerance.

So to answer your question - a few beers or glasses of wine every few weeks unless I head out with friends then I'll probably put away about 8-12 for the evening then be worthless the following day.

Pretty much the same, except I no longer drink at all. On Thanksgiving eve it will be 11 years since I had a drop. I envy those people that can drink responsibly but I am just not one of them, so I don’t touch the stuff.

My consumption of alcohol has decreased severely since getting married. Some times I can go a month without drinking more than 10 to 12 beers. I will definitely tie one on when I'm at trade shows... Usually start around 4 or 5 in the afternoon and go until 3 or 4 in the morning... or meet up with friends, but for the most part, I average about 3 beers/drinks per week.

In the two years prior to being married I would meet some buddies of mine 2 to 3 times a week at hooters, at the time they only served beer and we went there mainly for this specific reason, you can only get so drunk off of beer. They used to have this promotion that for every $1,000 that you spent a t hooters, you had a card they ran and kept track of your tabs, you would get a 100 gift certificate. Over the span of +/-14 months, we got 9 of those things, we were drunk quite often.

When I lived in Buckhead, I lived next door to two very nice restaurants. After work I would go to one of them, by the time I hit the bar my Dalwhinnie scotch was sitting there... I'd leave after about 5 or 6 of those, used to do that 4 nights a week and then go out on the weekends and get hammered.

College, well, we don't want to talk too much about how much I drank in college. A buddy of mine and I estimated one time that we, combined, may have drank enough beer and liquor while in college to fill an average sized swimming pool. My longest binge of days being drunk in college was somewhere around 55 days. That was a great summer, I think.

Thursday nights I usually have about 6 beers between before and after ball.

Saturdays I might have a couple if I go over to a friends house to watch college football.

Hardly ever drink at home or when I'm out eating with the family. Wife doesn't drink - son doesn't drink.

It's been a loooooong time since I was stumbling drunk.

Used to be 3 times a week (Thursday is kind of like the weekend?), but down to 2 times a week (usually). Married with a kid so the social life isn't what it used to be. Tonight I will be drinking a beer while vacuuming and getting ready to have people over for the NU vs Texas game tomorrow. It's hard to tell how much as sometimes it'll be 3 or 4 mixed drinks of decent size. I mean I'm at home most of the time so it's not like I'm going to stay up that late when the our daughter wakes up early (outside of late night PS3 sessions with my buddies). Other nights I can put down 6 or so as a warm up before the Captain Morgan or Bacardi comes out and makes for an interesting night. I guess I'm doing better since I started running so I have that to thank. When you have nothing going on, it was too easy for me to find an excuse to grab a few drinks and watch a football game. Now, I try to limit the days and just enjoy it when I do.