[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Liquored up kicker?

CaptainHook

Indianapolis Colts punter Pat McAfee has been arrested on suspicion of public intoxication this morning after he reportedly took a predawn swim in the Central Canal in Broad Ripple.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police were called to the canal at Broad Ripple and College shortly before 5 a.m. after a report of a man swimming in the canal of the popular nightlife district, according to The Associated Press.

A 911 call was received about 4:45 a.m. this morning from a woman who said a wet, shirtless man tried to get into her car at a traffic signal at Broad Ripple Avenue, according to WTHR (Channel 13).

Police later found McAfee, 23, in the area, shirtless and soaking wet, and arrested the second-year Colts player at the corner of Broad Ripple and College avenues, IMPD spokesman Lt. Jeff Duhamell said.

McAfee admitted he had been drinking and asked police if he could walk home. Police say he smelled of alcohol, his eyes were watery and bloodshot and his speech slurred. He also told them his shirt was in the water.

Police say McAfee took a portable breathalyzer test and recorded a blood-alcohol content of 0.15 — nearly twice the level to be considered legally intoxicated.

Duhamell said McAfee might have been in the canal, which runs alongside Westfield Boulevard but no witnesses saw him in the water.

He said McAfee did not tell police he was a member of the Colts. They discovered it when they found his NFL identification after he was arrested.

"They took him in mostly for his own safety," Duhamell said. "He was cooperative but cold. It was 43 degrees or something like that."

McAfee was taken to the Adult Processing Center downtown. It was not immediately known whether he has posted bail.

The 6-1, 220-pound McAfee played his college ball at West Virginia. He was drafted by the Colts in the 7th round in 2009.

He has appeared in all five games for the Colts this season, as well as 16 games last year and the post-season.

This season, McAfee had six touchbacks on kickoffs during the Sept. 26 Denver game, a club record for the most in a single game. During the Oct. 3 Jacksonville game, McAfee had a career-long 66-yard punt.

During the 2009 season, McAfee's 2,837 punt yards set a rookie franchise record, and his 64 punts ranked 2nd-most by a rookie in franchise history, according to Colts.com.

from indystar.com

Edited by CaptainHook

The thing that dissapoints me the most as a WVU fan is I would have thought that after four years there he would be able to handle his liquor a little better!

no doubt - a .15 isn't even that drunk. love stories like these though.

Yeah...Indy. If I lived in Indiana, I'd probably get drunk everyday, too.

I don't know why. On my drive to and from New Mex....Indy was the ONLY major city that didn't even hint at a recession. Every other city had badly dilapidated areas, boarded up homes and buildings quite visible from the interstate. Entire sections that just looked abandoned.

Except in Indy. I have no doubt they are feeling a pinch, but they sure didn't show it!

Maybe they are the only ones that can afford to get drunk.....lol. :wacko:

I don't know why. On my drive to and from New Mex....Indy was the ONLY major city that didn't even hint at a recession. Every other city had badly dilapidated areas, boarded up homes and buildings quite visible from the interstate. Entire sections that just looked abandoned.

Except in Indy. I have no doubt they are feeling a pinch, but they sure didn't show it!

Maybe they are the only ones that can afford to get drunk.....lol. :tup:

Spot on here. Been in Indy for the last 20 years, and while the recession has hit in some areas (mostly outlying areas), it overall hasn't been too bad in terms of business. Keep in mind thought that Indy's housing pricing never skyrocketed like the rest of the country. Indy is still one of the most affordable places to live in the country. Good solid businesses, pretty decent government, fairly low crime rate, slow but steadily growing economy, good school systems in the surrounding communities (IPS sucks :tup:),

Overall a great place to live, and we've got some great bars downtown and in Broad Ripple to get drunk at!!!! :wacko:

Edited by Big Dogs

Spot on here. Been in Indy for the last 20 years, and while the recession has hit in some areas (mostly outlying areas), it overall hasn't been too bad in terms of business. Keep in mind thought that Indy's housing pricing never skyrocketed like the rest of the country. Indy is still one of the most affordable places to live in the country. Good solid businesses, pretty decent government, fairly low crime rate, slow but steadily growing economy, good school systems in the surrounding communities (IPS sucks :tup:),

Overall a great place to live, and we've got some great bars downtown and in Broad Ripple to get drunk at!!!! :wacko:

Good to hear, BD! :tup: The city really showed itself off. It had been years since I'd visited......looks great!

You actually have to take a breathalyzer to BE the Colts kicker.

:lol: But this is sort of funny.....lol. What do you have to blow.....a 0.15? :lol: (Settin' ya up CD.....you can thank me later. :lol: )

I once took a swim in Broad Ripple..

My friends and I have made Indy a party stomping ground during the last few years. We would visit the sites associated with the movie 'Hoosiers' by day and party at Ike and Jonezy's by night. Being basketball coach's, and i understand this is a football site, we would visit old Indiana gyms and have a ball.

We actually made a pilgrimmage to the town of Broadripple. This town is pretty sweet! It is home to Bobby Plump's Last Shot restaurant. Plump is notorious for making the last shot in the Indiana state finals. anyway, long story short, I remember seeing this canal across the street as we ate at Plump's restaurant. Small canal, can't imagine the Colts punter going for a dip, must have fell in after partying hard on a typical day off.

Crazy to hear this Indy story as we were there this summer...

Peace fantasy ballers! :wacko:

They left out the best part!

According to the police report, McAfee was asked whether he was swimming in the canal and answered, "I am not sure." When he was asked why he was wet, McAfee responded, "It was raining." When he was asked where his shirt was, McAfee said, "In the water." And when he was asked how much he had to drink, McAfee said, "A lot 'cause I'm drunk."

:wacko:

Pat is my boy!

I will never forget the night before a football game at WVU, some club I was at had a Halloween costume party, and his drunk ass was dressed up in a giant penis costume crankin' that soulja boy by himself in the middle of the dance floor all night long.

He is by far one of the wildest dudes I've ever met.