[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alternatives to Candy

Scooby's Hubby

Ok Ok I know this may be off the wall, but, can't there be an alternative to candy for kids? There has to be dentists who hand out floss, or Holy Rollers who hand out little religious propaganda (I had a neighbor who handed out a mini 'Book of John') out there. What would be a cool and inexpensive alternative to candy?

Does anyone know of someone who hands out non-candy items, whether it be goofy or funny or just whacko? Funny stories welcome...

Ok Ok I know this may be off the wall, but, can't there be an alternative to candy for kids? There has to be dentists who hand out floss, or Holy Rollers who hand out little religious propaganda (I had a neighbor who handed out a mini 'Book of John') out there. What would be a cool and inexpensive alternative to candy?

Does anyone know of someone who hands out non-candy items, whether it be goofy or funny or just whacko? Funny stories welcome...

I was going to say Silly Bands till I looked up how much they sell for. You'd go broke.

When I was a kid there was this one couple that always kept their loose change and bagged it up each Halloween and would give kids a bag of nickles, dimes, and pennies.

We also used to get home made cookies or brownies.

One guy would buy a bunch of junk toys from china, the kind of stuff that you'd get out of gumball machines at the bowling alley, and hand them out.

THE HECK YOU SAY?! The Holy Roller househould traditionally gave away tons of the GOOD stuff: Skittles, M&Ms, Snickers, etc.

As far as alternatives, try cutting up carrots and celery and putting them in little baggies. The parents will throw them away as not being pre-packaged, the kids will hate them, and your house will probably get egged.

But you tried....

Edited by The Holy Roller

THE HECK YOU SAY?! The Holy Roller househould traditionally gave away tons of the GOOD stuff: Skittles, M&Ms, Snickers, etc.

As far as alternatives, try cutting up carrots and celery and putting them in little baggies. The parents will throw them away as not being pre-packaged, the kids will hate them, and your house will probably get egged.

But you tried....

This is exactly what came to mind.

Listen, it's about candy. That is the currency.

I really only give out the best, Reese's...

but I like being silly so I brainstormed coupons or fortune cookies...

also, what if you hand wrote your own fortunes and put them in taped plastic eggs leftover from Easter? you could be dressed up as Confusious

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

I really only give out the best, Reese's...

but I like being silly so I brainstormed coupons or fortune cookies...

also, what if you hand wrote your own fortunes and put them in taped plastic eggs leftover from Easter? you could be dressed up as Confusious

With your wit you would have to call them misfortune cookies.

In college, they used to bring around the kids from the bad neighborhoods to the different apartment complexes around campus, usually on saturdays. Of course we'd always forget. THat poor first group that would show up at our door:

(Knock at door)

Me - I'll get it

(open door)

Kids/Chaperone - Trick or... treat? :wacko:

Me - Oh, sorry, hold on. (While I'm standing there in only boxers or shirtless with shorts on, cigarette hanging out of my mouth and beer in hand)

Roomates - Who was that?

Me - GD trick or treaters...

(Laughing)

Roomates - What you gonna give them, we totally forgot about that...

Me - Hell, I don't know (sit down on couch and wait for them to walk away)

In college, they used to bring around the kids from the bad neighborhoods to the different apartment complexes around campus, usually on saturdays. Of course we'd always forget. THat poor first group that would show up at our door:

(Knock at door)

Me - I'll get it

(open door)

Kids/Chaperone - Trick or... treat? :wacko:

Me - Oh, sorry, hold on. (While I'm standing there in only boxers or shirtless with shorts on, cigarette hanging out of my mouth and beer in hand)

Roomates - Who was that?

Me - GD trick or treaters...

(Laughing)

Roomates - What you gonna give them, we totally forgot about that...

Me - Hell, I don't know (sit down on couch and wait for them to walk away)

Cigs and told them they were candy cigarettes? :tup:

I give away Hot Wheels. I ask if they want candy or cars and most say cars...

:wacko: My son wouldn't leave your house. He loves cars and trucks. He'd probably confuse Halloween with Christmas if we lived in your neighborhood.

Latex Condoms... Gotta figure now days those kids are gonna go home and get kinky while on their sugar high...

Good info here. I'm going to buy a box just for that handful of 12-year-old girls who come to our door in the sexy nurse and French maid outfits.

Seriously though, there is no alternative to candy. That's what the kids want, give it to them. I never wanted anything else when I went trick or treating.