[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Black Friday

chester

You know Black Friday is just a marketing ploy? Many of those deals were ran about a month ago at the same or cheaper prices. Not that I read that in an industry magazine of mine or anything. :wacko:

true but there are still doorbusters/loss leaders that are going to be limited to try and lure ppl in on Friday

I am tired of having to find split screen co-op 360 games for the Wench and I.

So... if anybody sees a good 360, TV or 360 and TV deal - PM me please.

TV doesn't need to be that big as it would kept in same room as our main TV, but used when we want to play online co-op. With that said, 32" would be MORE than enough.

I am tired of having to find split screen co-op 360 games for the Wench and I.

So... if anybody sees a good 360, TV or 360 and TV deal - PM me please.

TV doesn't need to be that big as it would kept in same room as our main TV, but used when we want to play online co-op. With that said, 32" would be MORE than enough.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Emerson-LC320EM1/14237649 that is the TV that Wally has at $198 in their BF flyer.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Emerson-LC320EM1/14237649 that is the TV that Wally has at $198 in their BF flyer.

I'll never forget a few years ago....she made me go with her so I could wait in the TV line for the kid's TV while they shop. What an f'n nightmare that was. An hour later and they were sold out. I don't think the line ever budged. Later the next week, we saw a hugh display of the same TV's for the same price offered on African-American Friday. What a horrible day that was. I think I've only gone once since. I won't be doing it this year, for sure.

I know I won't be hunting for men like Yuke, either.

You know Black Friday is just a marketing ploy? Many of those deals were ran about a month ago at the same or cheaper prices. Not that I read that in an industry magazine of mine or anything. :wacko:

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth to that. However, I can tell you that Wally World has a blu-ray player I was looking at about a month and a half ago for $135 and it is being offered for $94 on African-American day (taking TimCat's lead). :tup:

I have the day off, but will be spending it in the office. I get a ton done with the office closed and no phone calls or walk-ins. It will be a productive day and I won't burn 8 hours of PTO. :tup:

Why do you hate Amerika?

Check newegg for some good techie goodies...

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth to that. However, I can tell you that Wally World has a blu-ray player I was looking at about a month and a half ago for $135 and it is being offered for $94 on African-American day (taking TimCat's lead). :wacko:

Why do you hate Amerika?

Check newegg for some good techie goodies...

I finally picked up a Blu-ray player at Best Buy and got this Samsung for $139, normally $249. Has built in WiFi...

Now I need to pick up a good wireless router. Anybody got any recommendations? Also in the market for a new PC. Probably looking for a desktop for typical home use (innernets, microsoft office (have the software already), picture and music storage, etc). Was thinking about doing his and hers laptops but may do that sometime down the road and start by replacing our 7 year old desktop. It will be nice to finally have a flat panel monitor.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Exposed Bad Black Friday Deals from Walmart and Best Buy

You know the routine by now. Leave the house while everyone else is immersed in turkey, pie, football or whatever to stand on line like an idiot hoping to cop an HDTV at hundreds of dollars savings. Before you decide to put on your winter underwear and Depends for the long wait outside the store, HD Guru compares Best Buy’s and Walmart’s Black Friday ads with Amazon’s on-line prices today to see if its worth the time and effort. The verdict is in: over 42% of the so called specials are either more or within 3 dollars of the Amazon price. Only 4 of the of HDTVs offered will save you $100 or more compared to Amazon’s on-line prices and this is calculated without factoring saving sales tax. It is always paid on in store purchases but it is not collected by most states. Read the list and check our Amazon links before running out the door. You’ll be glad you did. A Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Advertising Age had an article about the psychology behind Black Friday about a month ago. Each store will have a few items that they dramatically slash to draw the consumer in. Everything else is just fluff that was either cheaper or almost the same price a few months back.

Advertising Age had an article about the psychology behind Black Friday about a month ago. Each store will have a few items that they dramatically slash to draw the consumer in. Everything else is just fluff that was either cheaper or almost the same price a few months back.

Consumers love to be fu(ked with....

price item A at $200...here they complain about it being expensive blah blah blah

or

price item A at $300 and mark it down to $199...here they rave about their deal and how they are saving $200, yes I said $200, ppl are stupid.

price item A at $200...here they complain about it being expensive blah blah blah

or

price item A at $300 and mark it down to $199...here they rave about their deal and how they are saving $200, yes I said $200, ppl are stupid.

Troof. :wacko:

Let's not even get into the ".99" psychology.

or

:wacko: This is "KOHL's" scheme. Cracks me up, and I just roll my eyes when the cashier tells me that "you have SAVED $75" on my $45 bill. Umm, yeah, right.