[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What time do you eat dinner?

DMD

What time do you eat dinner?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. When do you generally eat dinner during weekdays?

• 4 PM
    • 4:30 PM
    • 5 PM
    • 5:30 PM
    • 6 PM
    • 6:30 PM
    • 7 PM
    • 7:30 PM
    • 8 PM
    • 8:30 PM
    • 9 PM
    • After 9 PM

When do you eat dinner on a normal weekday?

We always eat around 5:30 but as a kid, my family ate at exactly 6 PM after my Dad got home and watched the news while he had a martini.

My wife's family eats dinner at like 9 PM which kills me.

When do you break bread?

Was 5:30 on the dot the whole time I was growing up.

We're lucky to kick things off now before 8:00. :wacko: We wait so most everybody is home most nights. We're all involved in so many activities, it's tough to get things going any ealier than that. We've dined after 10:00 pm more than once...

noon

"Originally, dinner referred to the first meal of a two-meal day, a heavy meal occurring about noon, which broke the night's fast in the new day. The word is from the Old French (ca 1300) disner, meaning "breakfast", from the stem of Gallo-Romance desjunare ("to break one's fast"), from Latin dis- ("undo") + Late Latin ieiunare ("to fast"), from Latin ieiunus ("fasting, hungry").[2][3] Eventually, the term shifted to referring to the heavy main meal of the day, even if it had been preceded by a breakfast meal. The (lighter) meal following dinner has traditionally been referred to as supper or tea."

Our schedules are so messed up. We may eat only once in a day (maybe some snacks in between). We may eat 4 meals in a day. There was no option for somewhere between noon and midnight (sometimes later if I'm bartending).

Assuming I'm not working that night, we're typically around 7pm.

When I was growing up, it was 6pm. My dad got home before my step-mom and made dinner every night. Dude was a machine when it came to nailing the finish time. Seriously, I'd ask him what time dinner was and he'd say something like "6:03". At 6:03, the pork chops were coming in off the grill and the sides were sitting on the counter, ready to go.