[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mini-Huddle in Austin, TX

Rovers

I had the pleasure of watching an afternoon of footbal (and waitresses in bikinis- :tup: Darin's choice of venue) while throwing a few back yesterday with Darin and ABearWithFurbiture. I was in town for a wedding, and these two fine gents were hospitable enough to put up with me for an afternoon. Bear graciously and generously picked up the tab, Darin swung by the hotel to pick me up and I had a good time shooting these breeze with them. Now back in my own cave in NY, I'd like to say thanks to both of them!

We're stiing there watching and keeping track of as many games as we can while wishing the WiFi connection was working to check on our FF teams, and this - perhaps - homeless guy walks up with a pencil sketch of the 3 of us. Well, he gave each of us only one chin, and took at least 20 pounds off as well in his highly interpretive rendition os a few football nuts doing what they do best... watching football. So I go ahead and agree to buy his uber-complimentary portait. That was just before we left. Now, here is what surpised me. I went across the street to a bodega for a sixer to take back to my hotel room to watch the Indy-SD game, and here is our artist...

...not buying a 40 oz, but some food. Austin is nice, but way too many beggars and homeless around. I felt better about it seeing this guy buying food, not booze. Darin chipped in as well, so maybe we even helped someone yesterday.

We were as shocked as anyone to see AJ power punching Finnegan, but I enjoyed it... Finnegan likes to play dirty and and it was fun for me to see him get his jock pulled. Darin was happy as his Bears were winning. I learned a little about auction leagues and got some tidbits of Huddle history. Bear and Darin are great guys... thanks fellas! I really enjoyed hooking up with you. :wacko:

All you guys did was sit and drink beer all afternoon? What is this place coming to? :wacko:

Watching girls in bikinis in November, watching football, drinking beer... I don't know what this place is coming to, but I wouln't mind going back to where I went. Next time I will bring some sunglasses however.

Watching girls in bikinis in November, watching football, drinking beer... I don't know what this place is coming to, but I wouln't mind going back to where I went. Next time I will bring some sunglasses however.

Sunny and mid-70's this coming weekend...got to love Texas!

Scooby's gonna be pissed she wasn't invited ... :wacko:

Aren't you guys way too far from Austin? Your lovely wife and this old geezer became friends on this MB years ago, when she first started posting, and I would have enjoyed to have met both of you... heck she even emailed me a pic of your last child still in the hospital bed right after mom and baby got home. I still have that pic. I also didn't know you two already knew ABWF and Darin until we started talking. Oh well... maybe next time I get to TX.