[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BURIED in Snow!

Rovers

My Dad refuses to acknowledge that his snow blower is done. He told me he paid 150 bucks to get it fixed recently. We get there and this thing is shot. Now me and my bro have to shovel his whole place old school. Not a problem but his shovels are old small rusty cement shovels. This was some old school back breaking shoveling today my friends

You said you were old school

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Dad refuses to acknowledge that his snow blower is done. He told me he paid 150 bucks to get it fixed recently. We get there and this thing is shot. Now me and my bro have to shovel his whole place old school. Not a problem but his shovels are old small rusty cement shovels. This was some old school back breaking shoveling today my friends

Don't ever go there to do that task without your own shovel(s).

Don't ever go there to do that task without your own shovel(s).

amen to that. We usually just use his snowblower but when that died on us mid shovel we had to rough it

Edited by whomper

• 2 weeks later...

We've been in freaking lock down and for barely any good reason. It was supposed to hit on Monday, so everyone started closing early. Snow never hit until about 7pm and, at that, it was a light dusting.

Seriously, I was at the bank at around 11:00 and the manager walked by and told everyone they'd be closing at 2pm. Because it was supposed to start snowing.

Needless to say, business has been awful. I think we did about 20 people each of the last two nights. AND THE ROADS ARE FREAKING FINE. I mean, you need to slow down and not slam on the breaks, but as long as you're not a reckless dipchight... School closures, nothing's freaking open, nobody is out anywhere, because we got maybe 2 inches of snow on Monday night.

At least it was just a Monday and Tuesday. When weekend business is ruined by these "blizzards" that's where I lose the big coin.

It's such a joke.

We've been in freaking lock down and for barely any good reason. It was supposed to hit on Monday, so everyone started closing early. Snow never hit until about 7pm and, at that, it was a light dusting.

Seriously, I was at the bank at around 11:00 and the manager walked by and told everyone they'd be closing at 2pm. Because it was supposed to start snowing.

Needless to say, business has been awful. I think we did about 20 people each of the last two nights. AND THE ROADS ARE FREAKING FINE. I mean, you need to slow down and not slam on the breaks, but as long as you're not a reckless dipchight... School closures, nothing's freaking open, nobody is out anywhere, because we got maybe 2 inches of snow on Monday night.

At least it was just a Monday and Tuesday. When weekend business is ruined by these "blizzards" that's where I lose the big coin.

It's such a joke.

Atlanta is still impassible from this :wacko:

I've easily got 18 inches out front right now and we're still in the thick of it

It's light fluffly snow though so shoveling shouldn't be too bad, working from home today though as the plows haven't come by in a few hours and the roads look like crap

TMI and quit bragging :wacko: That's got to be some kind of record

Right with you on both of these storms, Rover. Was up at 4:30am to take dog out and shovel. Just got into NYC. Jeez, I hate the LIRR

There really isn't much they can do in this sort of a snowfall, I'm surprised you got in so early actually. Now, when it rains really hard and they shut down, no excuse for that. They just need to install some pumps in the areas that are prone to flooding. Snow on the third rail isn't something easy to deal with. Metro North has the very ugly overhead lines, but snow doesn't stop them, no third rail.

They can't just run a train to clear it, it has to be plowed by a work train, a diesel.

There really isn't much they can do in this sort of a snowfall, I'm surprised you got in so early actually. Now, when it rains really hard and they shut down, no excuse for that. They just need to install some pumps in the areas that are prone to flooding. Snow on the third rail isn't something easy to deal with. Metro North has the very ugly overhead lines, but snow doesn't stop them, no third rail.

They can't just run a train to clear it, it has to be plowed by a work train, a diesel.

I'd understand that, but if they run more trains throughout the night, that would keep the rail fairly clean, IMO. I just don't know the logistics.

We got about 8-10 Inches. My kids are off. they are so bummed I didnt get a snow day :wacko: My boss said he would email us if he was calling it but we got less then expected and it stopped overnight. I drove in. roads were fine