[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here is why Seattle beats Chicago

bushwacked

In all honesty, Da bears are happy to face the Hawks, and why not? That feeling is mutual

So who wins this game? Seattle won 23-20 at Chicago in Week 6. But the teams are far different now.

Martz realized he can run. The biggest problem for the Hawks is that the D was hot back in Week 6 and the Hawks haven't stuffed the run since Week 7. But, the Hawks O was struggling through much of the season but has recently found its legs. This fact seems to be diminished in prognostications.

Was last week an anomaly? Maybe....But the Hawks offense finally found a run game in Week 17 and carried it onto the playoffs, even before the Lynch run.

Overall, I think it looks to be a great match up. Though the Hawks won last time, the score was close. (Though the Hester return made the game look closer than it was.) I expect this one to be a nail biter.

Good luck Bears fans...I can't wait. Plus 10 seems rather optimistic.

The Hawks keyed up the perfect game plan against the Saints. I don't really think it will happen again vs the Bears, but I do think they may be able to keep pace if they can rattle Cutler early. I'm picking the Bears to win, but not by 10 points.

This will probably be low scoring. Seattle will find it tough sledding against the Bears. But Seattle can probably keep the Bears' offense at bay. Special teams will probably be a big factor. And in the end, the outcome probably hinges on whether or not we see "good" Jay or "bad" Jay.

In all honesty, Da bears are happy to face the Hawks, and why not? That feeling is mutual

So who wins this game? Seattle won 23-20 at Chicago in Week 6. But the teams are far different now.

Martz realized he can run. The biggest problem for the Hawks is that the D was hot back in Week 6 and the Hawks haven't stuffed the run since Week 7. But, the Hawks O was struggling through much of the season but has recently found its legs. This fact seems to be diminished in prognostications.

Was last week an anomaly? Maybe....But the Hawks offense finally found a run game in Week 17 and carried it onto the playoffs, even before the Lynch run.

Overall, I think it looks to be a great match up. Though the Hawks won last time, the score was close. (Though the Hester return made the game look closer than it was.) I expect this one to be a nail biter.

"Before the Lynch run"? Take that run away, he was 18 carries for 64 yds, Add in his week 17 carries (20 for 75) and that's 3.65 yds per carry. Of course, anyone's stats look worse when you take away their best runs, but you sort of gave invitation to do so.

I wouldn't bet the +10 line, but if anybody had a pick'em contest going, you'd have to take the Bears. I don't think the Hawks will be able to stop Julius Peppers and Fragileback will struggle if he gets hit enough. Any given Sunday and all that, but I just don't see the Bears not being ready for this team. The Bears D has been pretty solid this year overall and they should be fine as long as they don't have a bucketload of turnovers.

I like the Hawks this week, but that line scares me.

+10? Vegas is begging you to take Seattle....after all, they just scored 41, and knocked off the defneding champs.

Usually that means you go the other way.

My thoughts as well.

Although anything can happen when they play, I think the biggest factor in the Bears' favor is the fact that they DID lose to Seattle already. That should mean they don't look past them and take them seriously. I wouldn't put it past them to slide to the occasion however, and have it blow up in their face.

One thing everyone is over-looking is the Bears special teams. Gee, they put Hester back there after 2 years of grab ass at the wideout spot and they win the division. When they do that, they regularly get the ball at their 40, which means 2 first downs later and they're within Gould's range for a FG.

Finally, if GB beats Atlanta the day before I think there's no way the Bears get ambushed with a home NFC Championship game looming over them with a victory.

I'm glad you started your post the way you did, I'd hate to respond to something that starts with a lot of lies...and isn't that what most of your posts are anyways? :wacko:

It's going to be a tall task for the Seahawks to come to Chicago and win this game. Can it be done? Sure, but i give them less than a 10% chance to do so. This is a different Bears team, and at the moment of the Seattle game earlier, they were at their crapiest peak in terms of their OL. It has only gone up from there, and they've had a battle tested playoff schedule to end the year...only makes them more solid for the W here.

What scares me is Hass and the success other QB's have had coming into Chicago and picking the Bears apart.

This game only comes down to which team will be able to shut down the other team's running attack. My guess here is New Orleans was getting softer and softer as the year went on and Seattle just wore them out. I think the Bears run defense is not getting softer, and this is a game in which the Bears D has the advantage in this area. I'm sure Hass will get his, and it's not like Chicago will do anything different in their scheme, they are what they are...maybe a few blitz packages in to disrupt, sending their nickel in may bring a few oppty's...etc.

The Bears offense has been a transformation since the Seattle game. The OL shuffle began and they settled on the formula that Tice created, and so much credit has to go to him. I personally would love to see him be the next HC of the Bears. Martz started to realize what he really had, and couldn't afford to get his QB killed. The real key is which Cutler do we see? Seattle's defense is solid enough, but on the road, they are nothing to really fear, so I am only assuming we see a very skilled QB who is willing to play playoff football. He's a smart QB who likes to take chances, and again, I'm assuming he tones it down a bit here.

I agree 10 points is way too much, so I think Seattle covers if it stays at that number. I see a Bears victory at 30-24....even if that means Seattle has the ball to tie, and potentially win at 31-30 at the end!

I couldn't think of a better way to start Sunday, drinking Ditka's bloody mary's and watching this game.

I'm glad you started your post the way you did, I'd hate to respond to something that starts with a lot of lies...and isn't that what most of your posts are anyways? :wacko:

It's going to be a tall task for the Seahawks to come to Chicago and win this game. Can it be done? Sure, but i give them less than a 10% chance to do so. This is a different Bears team, and at the moment of the Seattle game earlier, they were at their crapiest peak in terms of their OL. It has only gone up from there, and they've had a battle tested playoff schedule to end the year...only makes them more solid for the W here.

What scares me is Hass and the success other QB's have had coming into Chicago and picking the Bears apart.

This game only comes down to which team will be able to shut down the other team's running attack. My guess here is New Orleans was getting softer and softer as the year went on and Seattle just wore them out. I think the Bears run defense is not getting softer, and this is a game in which the Bears D has the advantage in this area. I'm sure Hass will get his, and it's not like Chicago will do anything different in their scheme, they are what they are...maybe a few blitz packages in to disrupt, sending their nickel in may bring a few oppty's...etc.

The Bears offense has been a transformation since the Seattle game. The OL shuffle began and they settled on the formula that Tice created, and so much credit has to go to him. I personally would love to see him be the next HC of the Bears. Martz started to realize what he really had, and couldn't afford to get his QB killed. The real key is which Cutler do we see? Seattle's defense is solid enough, but on the road, they are nothing to really fear, so I am only assuming we see a very skilled QB who is willing to play playoff football. He's a smart QB who likes to take chances, and again, I'm assuming he tones it down a bit here.

I agree 10 points is way too much, so I think Seattle covers if it stays at that number. I see a Bears victory at 30-24....even if that means Seattle has the ball to tie, and potentially win at 31-30 at the end!

I couldn't think of a better way to start Sunday, drinking Ditka's bloody mary's and watching this game.

Pretty fair analysis IMO. The only thing I disagree with is about the running game. Seattle isn't going to be able to run the football on Chicago. I doubt they really even try, other than a handful of token honesty attempts. The Seahawks haven't been able to run the football for years, and have learned how to exist without a running game. The one thing they'll have to do in the running game is convert a few short yardage plays. You are correct though in that if the Seahawks get gashed by Forte, it is probably going to be a helpless situation for the Hawks D.

I'm much more worried about Peppers than the run defense. Peppers just might abuse the rookie.

The only really good thing the Seahawks have going for them is that this is Cutler's first ever playoff game, and Hasselbeck has played in like 10. If the Bears offense doesn't find success early, Cutler could get a little frustrated, and might not have that playoff experience to fall back on and help calm himself and his teammates down.

Since the Seahawks won in Chicago already this year, and the few times Chicago has been on television here they haven't looked all that great, I'm inclined to think that the number is just way too high. I can't see this game being a blowout unless Hester has one of "those" games. I'm sure that the sample of the Bears that I have seen isn't representative, so I might be way off here, but I like the Seahawks' chances this week much more than I did last week, for what that is worth.

I'm serious Pope...he has the goods, plus think of the boat cruises that can be done on Lake Michigan.

I am too: if Lovie can't get it done and gets shown the door then the whole kit and kaboodle needs to go from Angelo on down to the ballboy. I just don't think Tice has the smarts based on what I saw him do in Minnesota which was by and large squander a talented team into a 1-1 playoff record over 5 years and turned in a 32-33 run over that span. Pass.

I'm taking Seattle with the points on a bet, but there is no way in hell they beat the Bears x2's in a season. Let alone the playoffs. And don't give me that Saints BS..every squirrel gets a nut. The "Beast" (is that because of his ugly mug? hahahaa) will be put in check by the Bears LB crew all night. Go ahead..give it to Lynch

Now go back to that depressing pit you call Seattle and rust.

Edited by tazinib1

One thing everyone is over-looking is the Bears special teams. Gee, they put Hester back there after 2 years of grab ass at the wideout spot and they win the division. When they do that, they regularly get the ball at their 40, which means 2 first downs later and they're within Gould's range for a FG.

Very well said! :wacko:

"Before the Lynch run"? Take that run away, he was 18 carries for 64 yds, Add in his week 17 carries (20 for 75) and that's 3.65 yds per carry. Of course, anyone's stats look worse when you take away their best runs, but you sort of gave invitation to do so.

Well, I am speaking on somewhat relative terms here. Seattle had difficulty all season long allowing the runners to get to the 1.5 level, let alone the 2nd level. I don't know if there is a stat for RBs contacted behind the line of scrimmage, but Seattle was amongst the top of the league. The left side of the line is actually doing something that resembles run blocking over the last 2 weeks. I would guess Seattle has maybe 5 games with rushing over 100 yards as a team this season (with 2 of them in the last 2 weeks).

The Hawks keyed up the perfect game plan against the Saints.

I don't know bout that, maybe defensively where they bent and broke about every other drive. I don't think the game plan was to hope Hass had a career day and outsling Drew Brees.

I'm taking Seattle with the points on a bet, but there is no way in hell they beat the Bears x2's in a season. Let alone the playoffs. And don't give me that Saints BS..every squirrel gets a nut. The "Beast" (is that because of his ugly mug? hahahaa) will be put in check by the Bears LB crew all night. Go ahead..give it to Lynch

Now go back to that depressing pit you call Seattle and rust.

You know, there are decaf brands out there that are just as good as fully-caffeinated brands. :wacko:

Here is way Seattle Beats Chicago. Leon Washington.

Surprised all the talk about Hester and nothing mentioned about Washington is he really a none factor to the Bears I don't think so.

It isnt just about the return individual, it is also about the overall strength of the return UNIT. Plus Dave Toub is arguably the best special teams coach in the NFL . . for da bears.

Add in a horrible, horrible playing surface that Hester is comfortable on (and one that could negate Washiongton's speed) and the advantage on special teas is still solidly in the bears favor