[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dez Bryant kicked out of the mall

BillyBalata

This is one of the most ignorant and racist things I have ever read here.

Muscle shirts

Mullets

1/2 shirts

Skinny ties

Spiked hair

Pink hair

Black lipstick/Goth look

us'n whait folk be havin' some crazy ways to be spressin' usselfs too.

I agree many people look stupid but as a black man myself I absolutely can't stand this pants thing. Just makes me sick to my stomach. I just don't get it at all. Why look like your an ignorant thug then give the police SHAM WOW! for asking them to pull their pants up. Just makes no sense at all. Racist or not I think it's the most rediculous fad that hurts the progress we have made in society. My opinion of course but having your pants hang down exposing your drawers just looks plain ignorant to me and I hate it. I really do.

Lastly, I believe all of us have a responcibility to eachother to NOT perpetuate negative feelings for the next guy. Those two cops now go home and tell their story to everyone they know. Does that leave Bryant and others in a positive light. NO. How bout the next kid that they come accross and maybe by accident his pants are too large and sag a bit. The cops will be expecting a confrontation. That's how people get killed or beat down. Just sayin this is exactly the kind of behavior that just sets everything back. Makes me sad.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I hear ya, I am no fan of the look either. It's just a damn shame that a young man gets judged so harsly by how he dresses, regardless of skin color. He wasn't flashing a gun, he wasn't assaulting someone, he was just wearing pants. At least he was wearing them. I wonder if the teeniebopper girls wearing their hiphugger jeans showing their thongs got the same treatment?

We got 'em both covered:

ATLANTA (AP) - Baggy pants that show boxer shorts or thongs would be illegal under a proposed amendment to Atlanta's indecency laws.

The amendment, sponsored by city councilman C.T. Martin, states that sagging pants are an "epidemic" that is becoming a "major concern" around the country.

"Little children see it and want to adopt it, thinking it's the in thing," Martin said Wednesday. "I don't want young people thinking that half-dressing is the way to go. I want them to think about their future."

The proposed ordinance would also bar women from showing the strap of a thong beneath their pants. They would also be prohibited from wearing jogging bras in public or show a bra strap, said Debbie Seagraves, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Georgia.

The proposed ordinance states that "the indecent exposure of his or her undergarments" would be unlawful in a public place. It would go in the same portion of the city code that outlaws sex in public and the exposure or fondling of genitals.

The penalty would be a fine in an amount to be determined, Martin said.

But Seagraves said any legislation that creates a dress code would not survive a court challenge. She said the law could not be enforced in a nondiscriminatory way because it targets something that came out of the black youth culture.

"This is a racial profiling bill that promotes and establishes a framework for an additional type of racial profiling," Seagraves said.

Martin, who is black, said he plans to hold public hearings and vet the proposal through churches, civil rights groups and neighborhood organizations. The proposal will get its first public airing next Tuesday in the City Council's Public Safety Committee.

"The purpose of the paper is to generate some conversation to see if we can find a solution," Martin said. "It will be like all the discussions we've had around the value of the hip-hop culture. We know there are First Amendment issues ... and some will say I'm just trying to put young black men in jail, but it's going to be fines."

Makeda Johnson, an Atlanta mother of a 14-year-old girl, said she is glad Martin introduced the proposal. She does not want to see a law against clothing, but said she thinks teenagers are sending a message with a way of dressing that is based in jailhouse behavior.

Atlanta would not be the first city to take on sagging pants.

Earlier this year, the town council in Delcambre, La., passed an ordinance that carries a fine of up to $500 or six months in jail for exposing underwear in public. Several other municipalities and parish governments in Louisiana have enacted similar laws in recent months.

Dez Bryant is sued for $246,000 in jewelry he allegedly bought and didn't pay for.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/...000-in-jewelry/

Good offseason for this kid :\

There is a reason he was a top 5 talent and fell to the Cowboys

Same reason that Mallet is gonna fall into the latter part of the 2nd or even the 3rd. Mallet seems to consider himself a modern day Eminem. :wacko:

Edited by tazinib1

Dez Bryant is sued for $246,000 in jewelry he allegedly bought and didn't pay for.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/...000-in-jewelry/

Good offseason for this kid :\

MY GAWD, THESE GUYS DON'T GET PAID ENOUGH! THE GREEDY OWNERS NEED TO PAY THEM MORE SO GUYS LIKE BRYANT CAN MANAGE TO SURVIVE!

Lemme get this straight... A MAN, went on a binge and bought $246,000 worth of jewelry... a MAN? Did they happen to mention how much the homo has spent on shoes?

Lemme get this straight... A MAN, went on a binge and bought $246,000 worth of jewelry... a MAN? Did they happen to mention how much the homo has spent on shoes?

Is a watch = jewelry? :wacko:

Does Dez have the right to wear his pants around his knees, sadly, yes

Does Dez look like an idiot when he wears his pants around his knees, you betcha

Does the mall have the right to ask Dez (or any other person, white or black) to pull up his pants or leave, you betcha

Does Dez need to group up, you betcha - he is still acting like a thug

Having said all that ... the media is running with a nothing story.

The lawsuit alleges Bryant was supposed to repay Hunt when he signed either an NFL or promotional contract, whichever came first. Bryant received the items during an 11-month period starting in June 2009 when he was a junior at Oklahoma State.

Ruh-Roh...

MY GAWD, THESE GUYS DON'T GET PAID ENOUGH! THE GREEDY OWNERS NEED TO PAY THEM MORE SO GUYS LIKE BRYANT CAN MANAGE TO SURVIVE!

What they spend there money on has nothing to do with it. Admit it, or realize you aren't able to rationally talk about the lockout and drop it. Good lord, the lockout has caused you to lose your mind. I could post a dozen stories of players donating to charity, but it has nothing to do with the lockout.

Anyway, back on topic:

Dez is a momo, anybody who blows through that much money and can't pay his bills deserves to be taken to court.

Ruh-Roh...

Not necessarily. If he had gone to a bank and applied for a loan, and they gave him one based on his future earnings, there'd be nothing wrong with that, right? it would be the banks fault if he defaulted. Same concept here, I believe...guys in college get loans all the time: shrug:

That being said, Bryant is a momo for not repaying what he owes....and now is going to have to pay a bunch more in legal fees since the judge will probably force him to pay all cost associated with recovering the money.

Dude is a loser.

Not necessarily. If he had gone to a bank and applied for a loan, and they gave him one based on his future earnings, there'd be nothing wrong with that, right? it would be the banks fault if he defaulted. Same concept here, I believe...guys in college get loans all the time: shrug:

That being said, Bryant is a momo for not repaying what he owes....and now is going to have to pay a bunch more in legal fees since the judge will probably force him to pay all cost associated with recovering the money.

Dude is a loser.

I would think that if the kid goes to a bank that it may be allowable. But this dude doesn't sound like a bank, he sounds more like a booster. I think the NCAA is very particular about wh a student athlete can borrow money from as the lender could easily forgive the debt at some point which in essence would be paying the kid to play ball.

Dude is a loser.

Is that how all these college dudes get all tatted up? Tattoos are not cheap are they? How do all these college athlets get the money to paste tattoos all over themselves???

Is that how all these college dudes get all tatted up? Tattoos are not cheap are they? How do all these college athlets get the money to paste tattoos all over themselves???

The old man was covered in tattoos and scars, some he got in prison and others in bars...