[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Day I Realized I was Old

SayItAintSoJoe

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt old just today. I went into a local "antique shop" and saw little toy cars that were probably a newer model than what I played with when I was a kid. They also had a Farrah Fawcett poster that they were passing off as an antique. :wacko:

I felt old just today. I went into a local "antique shop" and saw little toy cars that were probably a newer model than what I played with when I was a kid. They also had a Farrah Fawcett poster that they were passing off as an antique. :wacko:

Dude..was it THE Farrah Fawcett poster? If so, I'd like you to buy it and send it to me.

I bought a new pair of shoes Friday night. I chose them based strictly on comfort, with little regard for "style". I think that is the signal that you are old. :wacko:

• 1 month later...

I felt old for the first time when I realized parts of me jiggled when I walked. That was when I was a sophomore in college. I lost weight and held off the second time until about five years ago. Then, my stomach started permanently sticking out over my belt. I have not taken the necessary time to get in shape again.

Now, my wife repeatedly talks about the patches of WHITE hair (not grey) on my head and in my beard. Apparently, these lovely patches are the result of stress. That and my seven year old son can run as fast as I can.

...lovely...

:wacko:

I was 31 and in a history class in arkansas when a kid told me I was his dad's age. Do the math.

Now in class some of my students try to hook me up with their moms. One tried to hook me up with her grandma.

I took a year off of working out because of a medical situation, and just started lifting again in March. I am starting to feel old when I work the same body part a week later, legs mostly, and I just got over being sore in that area the day before. .

I bought a new pair of shoes Friday night. I chose them based strictly on comfort, with little regard for "style". I think that is the signal that you are old. :tup:

I wear comfortable SAS shoes at work. According to my wife that makes me a geezer. :wacko:

I wear comfortable SAS shoes at work. According to my wife that makes me a geezer. :wacko:

Don't argue w/ the wife...you ARE a geezer (minus 1 month)! :tup:

Maybe we're not old for wearing New Balance shoes: maybe we are SMARTER because, damn, those are some comfortable shoes. I'm 42 and have arthritis in my hip. I will have to get a hip replacement someday; I'm just living with the pain every day and trying to save up as much vacation time as I can to prepare for being off for the surgery and physical therapy.

I also watch Jeopardy, listen almost exclusively to AM radio in the car (news and sports) and hit the sack no later than 10 pm. I believe that makes me the oldest 42 year-old around. :wacko: