[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Possible Sleeper?

Duchess Jack

JaMarcus Russell - QB - FA

JaMarcus Russell's "life coach," John Lucas, has cut ties with the 2007 draft bust and asked him to leave Houston, according to Yahoo's Jason Cole.

Lucas, the No. 1 overall pick in the 1976 NBA draft and all-American tennis player, is renowned for helping athletes with addiction and personal problems. After initially working hard to get back to the NFL, Russell had lost motivation, forcing Lucas to bring in Charles Barkley as a mentor. Both men have now thrown up their hands in frustration with Russell's "deteriorating work habits." Perhaps most damning, Ravens president Ozzie Newsome, a fellow Alabama native, refused a request to meet with Russell in January. Said one source to Cole, "The title of your article should be, 'It's Over.'"

The more I read and hear of JaMarcus, the more I think he has some sort of personality disorder. I really hope he isn't suffering from some type of depression (Vince Young as well) or if its just a Rickey Williams thing. It would sadden me to hear that he over-dosed a few years from now.

JaMarcus Russell's "life coach," John Lucas, has cut ties with the 2007 draft bust and asked him to leave Houston, according to Yahoo's Jason Cole.

Somewhere in town a Luby's manager is crying

Lucas, the No. 1 overall pick in the 1976 NBA draft and all-American tennis player, is renowned for helping athletes with addiction and personal problems. After initially working hard to get back to the NFL, Russell had lost motivation, forcing Lucas to bring in Charles Barkley as a mentor. Both men have now thrown up their hands in frustration with Russell's "deteriorating work habits." Perhaps most damning, Ravens president Ozzie Newsome, a fellow Alabama native, refused a request to meet with Russell in January. Said one source to Cole, "The title of your article should be, 'It's Over.'"

When a life coach quits on you and your not bottomed out OUCH!

I heard on the radio today that Russell is over 300 lbs right now. LOL.

That dude got paid and then said f' it. I dont wanna play, I just wanted to reach the top and legally steal some money and then peace the f' out.

Well, mission accomplished!