[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

4th of July weekend Plans

whomper

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goin to an old farmhouse in the mountains that a friend inherited. There is nothing there but the farm. Bringing wife, trout fishing gear, and sketchpad. No other activities planned. :wacko:

Edited by whoopazz

there is a festival in my town called Ribfest. Going with the family on Saturday . . .maybe go see Styx there at night, then working Sunday/Monday. website

We do a huge event for my work with about 700 attendees. We do our own fireworks show, helicopter rides, moonwalk/bouncy houses, beer tents, food stations, etc. Big affair . . . .Thank God the weather looks nice!

Nothing, just being miserable.

I guess you don't need a holiday for that!

As for me, some work around the house, some drinking, some more drinking, setting up a new camping tent and have kids & I camp out in backyard. Hitting a bbq and probably trying out a new dutch oven recipe or two.

Hmmmm......my 30th HS reunion. :rofl: Where does the time go?? :wacko:

Red, White and Boom on Friday night......the big city fireworks downtown. Probably find a place short of downtown to watch. We used to sit on the balcony of my Mom's highrise condo, but she has since sold that condo. The crush downtown is about 600,000 strong....nah.

So.....there's a book signing on Saturday Night for one my author classmates down in the Short North during Gallery Hop. (Gallery Hop is sort of a pretentious "let's go stroll High street to be seen" sort of an event in an area of town just north of downtown and south of OSU that has been prettied up storefront-wise, but is still a high crime area I wouldn't go after dark, let alone park my car after dark.) Meh.....think I'll skip that.....lol. :tup:

Drinks and convo at a pub on Sunday evening.....which I WILL go to......lol. Mr. Bunz has to work, but he sort of hates parties anyway, especially with people he doesn't know. Might be a blessing......lol. Some of those youthful antics and reminiscences I can still keep to myself! :lol:

Supposed to ride in a damn float on Monday morning for the parade (NOT)....and meet for a picnic at the end of the parade. Think I'll go right to the end of the parade......lol. :yay:

More fireworks on Monday night in Northam Park where I used to spend 15 hours of my days during the summers......lol. MrBunz has to work so I probably won't go. But I might. :bow:

Happy 4th all! :rofl:

I guess you don't need a holiday for that!

No, a divorce and complete falling out of the family will do. Enjoy your weekend.

Sitting at home and doing nothing. The past three 4th's have been a disaster where I either end up chasing my dog through the woods, a swamp and another swamp as he gets very paranoid and bolts the first chance he gets.

Church dinner and program tonight, one-year-old's birthday party tomorrow, church program on Sunday, party and fireworks at a friend's house on the fourth. Whew!

My daughters birthday is 4th of July so we are having a big BBQ on that day. I am working sat and sun but the family has plans so its all good. Have a safe one everybody :wacko:

Headed to Cape Cod for the week, been workin like a dog so I'm going to enjoy a few days off with the family.

My wife's family has a house out in Dennis, so we'll toggle between going to the lake and down to the beach, eat a lot of lobster rolls and fried clam plates, eat a lot of ice cream, drink some good wine (there's a case of Kim Crawford Sauv Blanc 2008 in the wine fridge in the cellar to kick off the evenings with), go for some good long bike rides, get in some beach reading, make some sand castles and just try to relax as much as possible.

Have a good one folks!

WD

Church dinner and program tonight, one-year-old's birthday party tomorrow, church program on Sunday, party and fireworks at a friend's house on the fourth. Whew!

You have a one year old? Am I crazy or did I just assume you were older. :wacko: I mean, not ancient but I was sure you were a bit older.

For me, booze and chasing rugrats. Pretty much the same thing I do every weekend. :tup:

You have a one year old? Am I crazy or did I just assume you were older. :wacko: I mean, not ancient but I was sure you were a bit older.

For me, booze and chasing rugrats. Pretty much the same thing I do every weekend. :lol:

Maybe it is his grandchild? :tup:

Relaxing and catching up on sleep tonight (hopefully) and perhaps BBQin' tomorrow and perhaps some :wacko: with some buddies tomorrow night. Pool at my wife's friend's place Sunday and chillin' on the 4th. No fireworks here due to burn ban, not that I really give a crap. Never really been into fireworks. :tup: