[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hines Ward

...and I thought that winning was the best cover for any bad publicity that players earned.

Looks like the Pro Football HOF doesn't care about bad stories of there members. I can think of a few players that deserve to be in it that wouldn't embarrass them.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We may not win much anymore, but the off the field antics have seriously subsided over the years. I know you pride yourself on the class of the organization that is the Steelers but they arent as clean anymore as they used to be and you know this

No argument, but, when you are winning, people love bringing you down and you know this. :wacko:

However, bragging about your team's class, when they brought in Pacman and Tank Johnson what 2 years ago ? Jerry would field a team of prison inmates if it allowed their team to win.

I wouldnt necessarily call my above post "bragging about my teams class". It was made in response to your top 10 list , which coincidentally has a most recent incident date of 2003.

As far as your other point, under that premise you should release players as well once they are deemed a thug. I didnt see big ben or James "ike" Harrison getting their walking papers

Edited by whomper

I wouldnt necessarily call my above post "bragging about my teams class". It was made in response to your top 10 list , which coincidentally has a most recent incident date of 2003.

As far as your other point, under that premise you should release players as well once they are deemed a thug. I didnt see big ben or James "ike" Harrison getting their walking papers

It would be tough to send James Harrison walking since his domestic violence incident case was removed when the woman said it never happened, so it was dropped. Also, what Ben did was the act of a scumbag, but, none of us KNOW if he raped anyone. The girl told cops that night that she couldnt remember anything. I know people like to make assumptions, but, neither Ben or Harrison were convicted of anything.

What Ben did was the act of a scumbag, whether he raped her or not, but those who claim they know he raped anyone are full of it, plain and simple.

It would be tough to send James Harrison walking since his domestic violence incident case was removed when the woman said it never happened, so it was dropped. Also, what Ben did was the act of a scumbag, but, none of us KNOW if he raped anyone. The girl told cops that night that she couldnt remember anything. I know people like to make assumptions, but, neither Ben or Harrison were convicted of anything.

What Ben did was the act of a scumbag, whether he raped her or not, but those who claim they know he raped anyone are full of it, plain and simple.

James keeps his bitches in line

I find it odd a grown man feels the need to defend the criminal behavior of players on his favorite NFL team. The "my favorite players are better people than your favorite players" and "my team wins more than your team" shtick is eerily childlike.

I find it odd a grown man feels the need to defend the criminal behavior of players on his favorite NFL team. The "my favorite players are better people than your favorite players" and "my team wins more than your team" shtick is eerily childlike.

I find it odd that a grown man has spent the last six years harboring obvious ill will towards a team and fan of a team becasue they beat his favorite team in the Super Bowl. About 50% of your posts in the NFL forum, are in threads about the Steelers, or in threads where I make a post. Yes, your schtick is soooo adult-like. :lol:

Also, don't let the facts that I found Ben's actions reprehensible to the point that I wanted them to trade him get in your way. Also, don't let the fact that I ripped Mendenhall for making stupid statements on twitter get in your way. Also, don't let the fact that I condemed Santonio Holmes and was glad he was traded get in your way. Also, don't let the fact that I responded to this news with thsi reaction :tup: get in your way. It is obvious to everyone what you are all about.

It is odd, I never post in threads after you post or threads about the Seahawks. :wacko:

Your maturity is something for us all to strive for.

Edited by Menudo

Have you ever seen this?

http://www.beckys-place.com/superbowl/phantomtd.jpg

Menudo

:shakinghead:

A guy who takes a young woman who admits she was so intoxicated that she can't remember anything and screws her after posting 2 bodyguards outside the door first committed rape. We just had a case in CO where a guy in CO Springs was convicted of rape after a drunk ex-girlfriend invited him up to Greeley to her place by phone and met him at the door in nothing but panties and slept with her, when she claimed she said no even though he claimed she didn't and there was no corroborating evidence of either story.

C'mon. The DA released the story because he felt so strongly about the incident but felt he didn't have a strong enough case to convict him in court. When's the last time you saw that happen?

Casey Anthony committed murder. OJ Simpson committed murder. Roethlisberger committed rape. Just because each wasn't convicted only goes to our system.

Menudo

:shakinghead:

A guy who takes a young woman who admits she was so intoxicated that she can't remember anything and screws her after posting 2 bodyguards outside the door first committed rape. We just had a case in CO where a guy in CO Springs was convicted of rape after a drunk ex-girlfriend invited him up to Greeley to her place by phone and met him at the door in nothing but panties and slept with her, when she claimed she said no even though he claimed she didn't and there was no corroborating evidence of either story.

C'mon. The DA released the story because he felt so strongly about the incident but felt he didn't have a strong enough case to convict him in court. When's the last time you saw that happen?

Casey Anthony committed murder. OJ Simpson committed murder. Roethlisberger committed rape. Just because each wasn't convicted only goes to our system.

You don't have any idea what happened throughout the night or in that bathroom, nor do I. We know some of the story, but, only a few know all of what happened. You have your opinion of what happened, but, you don't KNOW what happened. What if she was in there begging him to have sex with her, and that was caught on tape, you're saying he still raped her ?

:wacko:

:tup:

Remember when you ran to your facebook to post a picture of Santonio without both feet down in the Cards super bowl ? There were then tons of pictures that came out showing both feet down with ball in hands. I do.... Your obsession is sad.

You don't have any idea what happened throughout the night or in that bathroom, nor do I. We know some of the story, but, only a few know all of what happened. You have your opinion of what happened, but, you don't KNOW what happened. What if she was in there begging him to have sex with her, and that was caught on tape, you're saying he still raped her ?

Nor do you. Again, this goes to the DA's choice to disclose the story more than anything else. What motivation does he have for doing that? He knew a hell of a lot more about the case than either of us. If he felt the circumstances were questionable, then why put the matter out there? He doesn't gain anything by it - "Yeah, I was the guy who chose not to prosecute a rape case, but here's how compelling the story is". That doesn't help him in any way, but it sure doesn't pass the smell test in Roethlisberger's favor.

I'll take his position over yours or mine, thanks. But you just keep on believing that Ben is a great guy.

What if she was in there begging him to have sex with her, and that was caught on tape, you're saying he still raped her ?

Or what if both women that have claimed he raped them were telling the truth. From what I've heard about the girl, this entire thing put her into a deep depression which led to her dropping out of school and basically going into hiding. Roethlisberger has shown that he makes poor decisions and that he's a dbag. You've admitted as much. I don't think it's a stretch to say it's more likely that the guy who's been accused twice for rape probably did something along the lines of sexual assult. You're better than this Menudo.

Nor do you. Again, this goes to the DA's choice to disclose the story more than anything else. What motivation does he have for doing that? He knew a hell of a lot more about the case than either of us. If he felt the circumstances were questionable, then why put the matter out there? He doesn't gain anything by it - "Yeah, I was the guy who chose not to prosecute a rape case, but here's how compelling the story is". That doesn't help him in any way, but it sure doesn't pass the smell test in Roethlisberger's favor.

I'll take his position over yours or mine, thanks. But you just keep on believing that Ben is a great guy.

Actually, if you've read the things I wrote on here, I think Ben is a scumbag. I know lots of stories about him prior to these rape allegations. I do NOT think he is a good guy. In fact, I'm going to stop trying to defend him. It is exhausting, and, like I said, I truly don't think too much of him.

Yes, I'm clearly taking things too seriously. :wacko:

Oops, I forgot. As you told me before, you don't take any of this seriously. You just like to stalk and annoy because you know it gets under my skin. The true definition of a mature person.

Once again, I shouldn't have gotten involved with defending Roethlisberger, as I don't like the guy either. As for HInes, I think he is a decent guy, but, this doesn't shock me either. I've known for quite some time that he isn't a choir boy off the field. He lives in the same condo complex as one of my best friends, so, I know he likes to party it up a bit. I just wish he wouldn't have been stupid enough to drive after doing it.

Actually, if you've read the things I wrote on here, I think Ben is a scumbag. I know lots of stories about him prior to these rape allegations. I do NOT think he is a good guy. In fact, I'm going to stop trying to defend him. It is exhausting, and, like I said, I truly don't think too much of him.

Fair enough, GB

BFD, he got a DUI. Let he who has NEVER driven under the influence, even moderately, cast the first stone.

Despite this DUI, Hines happens to be one of the most stand up players in the NFL.