[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just dropped our dog off at the vet

Menudo

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick update. Other than a tired first day back from the vet, you wouldn't know anything was wrong with him. He is his happy, energetic, normal self. When we took him from the vet, they said we could have him for 2 weeks or a year, it was hard to tell. All I know, is that he is doing fantastic, and I'm enjoying as much time with him as I can !!!

That's great to hear. I'm sure you'll enjoy every minute of time you have, and I hope it's more than you expect.

Not a very good morning. After a month of surprisingly seeming like the same old wonderful dog, Bettis isn't doing very good this morning. He is lethargic, not eating or drinking, and his gums are pale. I tried taking him for a walk, and he only gingerly made it a little bit before plopping down on the cement. I'm hoping it is just a bad moment or day, but, realistically, I think maybe the cancer is catching up with him. If things are coming to an end, I can't even begin to say how thankful I have been for this last month. When we dropped him off at the vet, I thought there was a good chance we'd never see him again. We got to spoil him rotten for a month, and I'll always cherish that "extra" time. I couldn't have ever dreamed of having a dog as good him when we picked him up ten years ago. I'm not giving up hope yet, but, preparing myself for the worst.

Hoping for the best for Bettis, Marc. As with any animal (or human, for that matter), there will be good days and bad days when dealing with illnesses. Don't get down on yourself or the situation just because today looks like a tough one. Love him and cherish him just the same, and hope that tomorrow brings a better day.

On the bright side, Bettis got an all expenses paid trip to Philly last month as part of being spoiled rotten....now really, how cool is that?

Hoping for the best for Bettis, Marc. As with any animal (or human, for that matter), there will be good days and bad days when dealing with illnesses. Don't get down on yourself or the situation just because today looks like a tough one. Love him and cherish him just the same, and hope that tomorrow brings a better day.

On the bright side, Bettis got an all expenses paid trip to Philly last month as part of being spoiled rotten....now really, how cool is that?

Taking him for walks in downtown Philly, and having so many people come up to pet him and/or talk to him will be cool memory that I take with me. Having him there was well worth changing our beach vacation to a Philly vacation. Plus, we had a blast in Philly.

Thanks for the kind words.

Edited by Menudo

Taking him for walks in downtown Philly, and having so many people come up to pet him and/or talk to him will be cool memory that I take with me. Having him there was well worth changing our beach vacation to a Philly vacation. Plus, we had a blast in Philly.

Thanks for the kind words.

Just tell them his name is Mccoy when they ask

Bettis appears to have bounced back again. A few hours ago, he got up and started eating/drinking and had a lot of energy. It was like he just snapped out of it. This may be the beginning of the ups & downs we were expecting from the beginning, but, for now, he appears to be o.k. again !

Bettis appears to have bounced back again. A few hours ago, he got up and started eating/drinking and had a lot of energy. It was like he just snapped out of it. This may be the beginning of the ups & downs we were expecting from the beginning, but, for now, he appears to be o.k. again !

:wacko:

Are you sure something is wrong with Bettis? What you just described, sounds alot like my days.

All jokes aside, I wish him the best. He is VERY lucky to have such a great owner and he knows it.

:wacko:

Good to see this since your first post today was pretty sad.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and kind words, but, unfortunately, we had to have our dog, Bettis put to sleep today. It was one of the worst days of my life. I am so incredibly thankful for the month that we had with him. Many are not as fortunate when they take their dog into the vet in the condition he was in. We spoiled him tremendously during that month. Words cannot do justice for what that dog meant to me. I've had a very tough past 6/7 years. I've lost family members and dealt with other issues, and Bettis was always there for me. Even today, he didn't have energy to eat or drink, but, when I'd tear up, he would find it in him to lick my tears. When the vet came to the house, she said he had very little heartbeat and she could barely get a pulse. We got to say our goodbyes, and comfort him, as he was put to rest. Once again, thank you everybody for the kind words. He was a very special dog, and will be missed greatly. Our hearts are hurting right now, but, I wouldn't trade the wonderful memories with Bettis for anything. Days of heartache don't compare to years of joy and happiness.

Once again, I can't say enough about how happy and proud I am to be a part of this community. The generosity that this internet family shows to their own is what makes it such a special place. Thanks again.