[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Amy Winehouse is dead -- report

wiegie

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched a couple of documentaries that changed my view of her. Some people's demons are just too strong to overcome. She was a very talented person with a unique voice. Hopefully she has found peace in death that she couldn't find in life.

I've heard her name being associated with being talented, but where is that coming from? I really don't hear any of her music... other than Rehab... which was, meh :wacko:

So I get that she might not have been a mainstream act, but I also never heard anyone saying, you gotta listen to this or that of hers. She just seemed like a waste period more than a waste of talent. I guess what I'm saying is that if she was that good, she would be a bigger name.

I've heard her name being associated with being talented, but where is that coming from? I really don't hear any of her music... other than Rehab... which was, meh :wacko:

So I get that she might not have been a mainstream act, but I also never heard anyone saying, you gotta listen to this or that of hers. She just seemed like a waste period more than a waste of talent. I guess what I'm saying is that if she was that good, she would be a bigger name.

She won 5 grammy awards and sold millions of records. I'm not sure how one would consider her not mainstream. :tup:

addiction sucks. some people get angry when a rich person cant shake addiction. addiction doesnt discriminate. It controls the rich , it controls the poor. Nobody forces people to drink, do drugs, gamble etc but when a person cant do it in moderation and gets consumed , often people have no pity because it was their choice to get started in the first place. I wasnt familiar with her work. Its sad that the demons won.

addiction sucks. some people get angry when a rich person cant shake addiction. addiction doesnt discriminate. It controls the rich , it controls the poor. Nobody forces people to drink, do drugs, gamble etc but when a person cant do it in moderation and gets consumed , often people have no pity because it was their choice to get started in the first place. I wasnt familiar with her work. Its sad that the demons won.

This +1

999 times out of 1000, you show me someone dependent on alcohol/drugs, I'll show you someone who is experiencing intense and overwhelming emotional pain. Ask yourself this--how many happy addicts have you really met? Unfortunately, the individual comes to rely on alcohol/drugs to self-medicate their emotional pain. The individual typically has very poor coping strategies and deficient defenses and s/he simply has to escape that emotional pain. I can only imagine how severe that pain must be as I see individuals on a regular basis who have given up families, jobs, housing and freedom in an attempt to medicate their emotional pain. Some, sadly, go too far and die. I'm certainly not excusing their behavior but I am explaining it. The callous nature of some of you demonstrates a profound ignorance. At least I hope it's only ignorance and not simply stupidity.

+1. This Ditkaless Wonders guy should change his handle to Self-Righteous Pompous Arse.

Doesn't quite roll off the tongue in the same way.