[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Got my new teeth today....

tazinib1

My god what a painful experience. As some of you know, I was diagnosed with degenerative jaw bone disease. It basically deteriorates and constricts your jaw bone, killing the nerve endings in your teeth and they fall out. When I first went to the dentist, my thought on why my teeth had eroded so quickly was my early drug use. I was elated to find out that was not the case. Weather or not I had done drugs would have had no bearing on the outcome. So today I went in and dropped the remainder of the bill ($3,200 something) for the procedure. In the past 2 years, I have had all but 13 teeth fall out. I can't even begin to tell you how depressing that was...especially in my business. I couldn't eat the things I wanted, chicks thought I was a crack head (and so did dickhead Tom Sizemore...like he should talk) and it caused me some serious depression. All that changes today....I was shocked, however, to hear that due to the massive infection caused by the rapid loss of teeth (holes were not treated, other teeth exposed etc etc) that surgery was going to be necessary to clean out the infected bone and tissue. Let me tell you what...that was painful. But I got through it and now own a pretty nice set of choppers. The one thing I was disappointed about today, though, was the posts were not able to be done due to the surgery. Basically they are drilling 4 posts into my jaw, 1 in each corner, and the dentures will fasten to them (no polygrip!! yeehaw!!), but not for another 3 months. So for now, I have some obvious pain, which Vicodin will surely take care of :smile: and the discomfort of getting used to these foreign objects in my mouth (insert wisecrack here). All in all, I feel pretty damned good about it and can't' wait until the sutures are out next week to really get an idea of my choppers. Maybe down the road, when I can afford it (Delta Dental does not cover them) I will get implants and be done with the dentures. But it sure beats not being able to smile. :biggrin:

Congrats, Taz. One thing...those posts for your dentures down the road are technically implants too. So if Delta Dental says they don't cover implants, you may want to check about them covering those posts before you schedule that surgery. Good Luck!

Congrats, Taz. One thing...those posts for your dentures down the road are technically implants too. So if Delta Dental says they don't cover implants, you may want to check about them covering those posts before you schedule that surgery. Good Luck!

I actually posed the same question to my Dentist today. He says I am fine with the posts and they have already been paid for....hence the $3k+ bill. But, yes, I will check into it further.

yeah, ours was the last kid of his friends to lose a tooth. he drinks alot of milk, what can I say ...

:wacko:

milk drinking, while strengthening the interior of bones and teeth, actually is bad for teeth's enamel, due to the bacteria and enzymes present. If your little one is drinking lots of milk, make sure he brushes more often, especially right after drinking it. Our children's dentist said the worst thing for a kid is to drink milk as they are nodding off to sleep (sippy-cup phenomenon)...havoc on the teeth....worse than juice.

Oh, and a big :tup: to taz!