[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Red Lobster experience

Furd

This is either the first time you've ever heard of Red Lobster or the first time you've ate at a chain restaurant. :wacko:

I can't wait until your hard hitting commentary pending your parents having a gift card to Denny's or Applebees.

Do me a solid and never mention that god foresaken place again.

And this is all you really need to know right here.

I'd rather eat Captain D's or Long John Silvers. I haven't eaten at a RL in several years, and then only when someone else is buying.

Let me know when you're in the area and I'll treat you to some Lobster.

Actually, I find their oysters 9or clams) on the half shell and tap brew to be a rather comforting little diversion for a pretty good price. The raw shellfish is fresh and the cocktail sauce aint bad if you ask for the Gold's horseradish and a little Tobasco. Might be different elsewhere....the rest of the menu... I agree.

I like Red Lobster

I sort of like Olive Garden

As for fast food restaurants, I love Long John Silver's, but, there aren't any nearby, so, I only get it when I travel.

I agree about Longhorn......one of my favorite chain restaurants, and I go there often when I'm in Jersey for work.

We have a Texas Roadhouse being built nearby, and I"m happy, as it is another of my favorite chains.

P.S. I need to drop about 40 pounds. The preceding information may be part of the reason. :wacko:

I'd beat up my mother for a basket of those Cheddar Bay biscuits.

My wife actually found a recipe and makes them at home. Not the exact same thing, but pretty f-ing close and they are awesome. I'm sure they are unhealthy as chit, but for once in awhile they are grub.

My worst experience at Red Lobster here in town was about 20 years ago. We were having dinner with my dad, and as we were finishing, the waiter asked if we saved room for desert...twice. We declined and asked for the check. He came back...with a tray of plastic deserts...for one more try. My dad again declined, but the guy asked AGAIN. So, my dad said, "Well if it's on the house", to which the waiter replied "I'll put it on the roof for you".

My Dad is normally cool as they come. He just chuckled...and then stiffed the guy on the tip. Never saw him do that before, or ever again. But the guy had it coming.

My boss gives me a $50 gift card every year to RL for xmas, as a personal gift, I think I had three saved up before I took my Dad and got the works. My boss also took me there for reviews, back when I had them. It's okay, but I wouldn't eat there if it wasn't free.

Edited by gsmayes

Still there really is nothing special about any of them and I would rather eat at PF Changs any day of the week.

Yup.

RL and OG are both much less than OK, IMO. Fat and salt are important parts of good food, but both are grossly overdone at these chains. I tried every variety of shrimp RL offers during their all you can eat shrimp fest - not sure I tasted actual shrimp in any of those dishes. Blech...

Red Lobster is continually rated as one of the healthier chains around, becasue you can get options like grilled fish there.

That being said, that place swims on a lake of melted butter. :wacko:

Next thing you might complain about is too much bacon.

Being a seafood lover and being in Seattle, I've got about 50 better options at my disposal, but we eat at Red Lobster near my grandma's house in Eastern WA about once a year. I like the crabcakes and some of the grilled fish. You're right, most of it is buttery, but I've found that most places without original chefs typically put too much butter on their seafood. Cuts some time off the life span, but I don't think it's among the worst tasting restaurants I've been to.

• 2 weeks later...

For whatever reason, I only eat seafood when I can go to a local restaurant close to the ocean or more upscale chains like Chart House and McCormick and Schmicks. LJS and Cpn. D's are terrible, and RL doesn't seem like much of an upgrade to me although I've never had RL.

Edited by The Irish Doggy