[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle articles

eags

Some people really miss the pure genius of the Huddle.

On the toughest lineup decisions, no matter what decision I make, the huddle gives me someone else to blame.

For 20, 25 bucks, I forget but it's a bargain, they step forward and take the bullet of blame when an unanswerable Finley question fires on our squads.

And now you feel entitled to question the methods of the very men who keep you blameless throughout the season, bye weeks, and playoffs?

Son, we play in a fantasy football world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with proprietary algorithms and magical spreadsheets. Who's gonna do it? You? The Huddle has a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Jermichael Finley's up and down season, and you curse the Huddle. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what DMD knows. That Finley disagreements, while tragic, probably saved lineups. And the Huddle's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lineups.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want DMD on that wall, you need Tuvey on that wall.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain the Huddle to a user who's going for a sixth fantasy championship under the blanket of the very advice that they provide, and then questions the manner in which they provide it. I would rather you just thanked them, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you open up a WDIS?, and make a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Edited by Grogansghost

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, you just don't get it. Footballguys is probably more fitting for you. Why don't you head over there. Good luck next year.

. since you guys are the experts can you refer me to another site?

Well, H1 did refer you to another site a couple posts earlier. But if you need a 2nd opinion again, try FFToday. But i fear since you have been given two different opinions so you're going to be confused again, aren't you?

Well, H1 did refer you to another site a couple posts earlier. But if you need a 2nd opinion again, try FFToday. But i fear since you have been given two different opinions so you're going to be confused again, aren't you?

The waffling nature of the Huddle rears its ugly head once again. What is it with this place?

On the toughest lineup decisions, no matter what decision I make, the huddle gives me someone else to blame.

For 20, 25 bucks, I forget but it's a bargain, they step forward and take the bullet of blame when an unanswerable Finley question fires on our squads.

And now you feel entitled to question the methods of the very men who keep you blameless throughout the season, bye weeks, and playoffs?

Son, we play in a fantasy football world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with proprietary algorithms and magical spreadsheets. Who's gonna do it? You? The Huddle has a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Jermichael Finley's up and down season, and you curse the Huddle. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what DMD knows. That Finley disagreements, while tragic, probably saved lineups. And the Huddle's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lineups.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want DMD on that wall, you need Tuvey on that wall.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain the Huddle to a user who's going for a sixth fantasy championship under the blanket of the very advice that they provide, and then questions the manner in which they provide it. I would rather you just thanked them, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you open up a WDIS?, and make a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

I chuckled

Wouldn't that be redundant? What would be the point of that? It's just one guys opinion restated a half dozen different ways. If you want something like that, just read one of mine or Bronco Billy's longer posts.

That is precisely my point. The OP seems to object to the pred/proj being different from S/B list, so maybe he'd prefer a site that does it the way I mention, so that everything matches. (That is a real site which I do use for some of their rankings and other info. FF Today if anybody cares. Their projections are used to create the rankings for each week. I see BillyBalata mentioned that site too.)

:wacko::lol::tup:

:wacko:

Nice one. :wacko:

Not bad, not bad at all. :wacko:

What moon cycle or we in right now? Or maybe just "cycle"? Seems to be an increased number of these types of threads recently. Something about the unsilent minority calling for wholesale changes make me cringe. Especially the angry tones these messages are posted with. I don't recall seeing these types of threads in this number over the couple of years I've been around here...

Occupy The Huddle Forum?

From the sound of it, it seems that many here are in the wrong phase of their menstrual cycle.

Here's the flip side of the argument:

I am trying to decide between Mendenhall, Greene and McGhee as my RB #2 this week in a must win. The "Projections & Predictions" for those three pretty much mirror what the "Start/Bench" list says. The point being, that's not really helpful either. So they can't win when the atricles match-up (as in my case) and they can't win when they don't match up (as in your case).

That's just the way things go sometimes.

Mendenhall

:wacko:

I'm still trying to figure this out. the "game predictions" say finley is gonna have 4 receptions for 40 yards and no touchdowns which to me means you should bench him. today the "start/bench list comes out and tuvey talks like finley is the best thing since sliced bread this week. S1 starter. I know there is another article coming that will try to explain the 2 opinions but does that make it any easier? dorey, get your ass in gear and bring this site back to what it once was! this is just one example of what has been going on all year!

dave, first of all, thankyou for responding. i want to say that yes, i have been and always will be a member of the huddle. all i'm saying is that i don't understand why you have such different opinions posted within two days. i know it is from two different people. i do get the fact that you can read both opinions and go with whatever one you wish. i just think if that was the case why would alot of people bother joining a site? i know people dont join to get called stupid. as far as not using my brain cells and needing my hand held, i do have 5 superbowl championships in 14 years. not bad for a guy who needs his hand held.

Look at the change in tone between post one and this response to DMD. You wouldnt get attacked and called stupid if you started this thread with the tone of post 2. The staff of the huddle isnt beyond being questioned but a lot of it depends on how you go about that as far as the harshness of the responses you will get back. Before I found out Tuvey was a hugh Rick Springfield fan I actually used to read his stuff and he hits more than he misses

Edited by whomper

Look at the change in tone between post one and this response to DMD. You wouldnt get attacked and called stupid if you started this thread with the tone of post 2. The staff of the huddle isnt beyond being questioned but a lot of it depends on how you go about that as far as the harshness of the responses you will get back. Before I found out Tuvey was a hugh Rick Springfield fan I actually used to read his stuff and he hits more than he misses

Not true. I merely pointed out that I still have Rick Springfield lyrics burned in my brain from 8th grade bus trips to baseball games (hey, our cassette tape selection was limited). I've tried to purge the brain to make room for more important information--like how to spell "Ogbonnaya"--but apparently its capacity is limitless. Rest assured I have no intention of busting into "Love is Alright Tonight" any time soon.

2V

Not true. I merely pointed out that I still have Rick Springfield lyrics burned in my brain from 8th grade bus trips to baseball games (hey, our cassette tape selection was limited). I've tried to purge the brain to make room for more important information--like how to spell "Ogbonnaya"--but apparently its capacity is limitless. Rest assured I have no intention of busting into "Love is Alright Tonight" any time soon.

2V

I'm a Browns fan and have had silent G on my team for 5 weeks or so. Still have trouble spelling his name.

I'm a Browns fan and have had silent G on my team for 5 weeks or so. Still have trouble spelling his name.

Try being a writer...Umenyiora, Ndamukong, Nnamdi Asomugha, Zbikowski, Laurinaitis, Posluszny & Alterraun Verner

oh and do you know how many ways people spell Terrence :wacko:

Edited by keggerz

perhaps you guys are right. i will do research on my own and i will take my business elsewhere. that's pretty good p.r work for the site from employees. since you guys are the experts can you refer me to another site? maybe that can be part of my own research. that is how i found you beauties! by the way, finley is my third t.e. i also have witten and davis to go along with brees, ray rice, mike wallace and miles austin. i think i have a good chance for my 6th title.

You, sir, are a douchebag.

hmmm... :wacko: that kind of rings a bell, but i'm not sure where i've heard it :tup:

That was just beautiful. sniff. just beautiful...

Yaaa Boyeeee!! :wacko: