[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Justin Blackmon

muck

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is the real deal - My son goes to OSU. Blackmon is not only a total stud on the field, he is a really nice guy with zero baggage off the field. He will be a top ten pick and maybe a top five pick in the NFL draft. Great game tonight too!!!

He is the real deal - My son goes to OSU. Blackmon is not only a total stud on the field, he is a really nice guy with zero baggage off the field. He will be a top ten pick and maybe a top five pick in the NFL draft. Great game tonight too!!!

:wacko:

Edited by bushwacked

He'll look good in a Bucs uniform. :wacko:

Nice story about the kid with cancer that he's been visiting with a bunch and how he wears her bracelet. Looks like a leader as well. There's crying for the ball and there's basically saying, "let me put this thing on my back". Which he most certainly did.

Nice story about the kid with cancer that he's been visiting with a bunch and how he wears her bracelet. Looks like a leader as well. There's crying for the ball and there's basically saying, "let me put this thing on my back". Which he most certainly did.

True, but the network coulda cut the kid some slack. It was obvious that she was trying to hide her face. The more she tried to hide, the more they zoomed in. It's a great story and even better that she is recovering, but she is just a kid and it was just a bit much that they continued to have the camera in her face when she made it obvious that she was uncomfortable. JMHO.

The Falcons should draft him to open things up for Roddy White and Julio Jones. :wacko:

Now that's rich. A Lions fan talking crap about the Falcons using high draft picks on recievers.... You don't really want to go down that road, do you?

Maybe another couple high draft picks on RBs, and you'll have a feature back who can stay healthy too (okay, that's a low blow, but c'mon man, the Falcons have still invested less first-rounders at the position (and hit on it with Julio) than the Lions did, before they had no choice to blow another on the one they couldn't pass up).

I love Blackmon, but value-wise, it looks like you'll probably be able to get Michael Floyd a few picks cheaper, for similar production in a good situation (though his may be more dependent of where he lands. Can't see Blackmon not being the unquestioned top target wherever he goes).

Won't get past the Rams at #2.

Ding ding. The Rams need to try to trade back 2-3 slots and take him. If they can't trade back, they still need to take him. I've got him as the highest WR prosect since Calvin. That body is just nuts.

Now that's rich. A Lions fan talking crap about the Falcons using high draft picks on recievers.... You don't really want to go down that road, do you?

Don't be so sensitive. Other than laughing at certain of their players for crying after the Lions game, I'm like most people - I don't give two sh*ts about the Flacons.

I'm "talking crap" about those who think that drafting a stud receiver is going to "open things up" for another stud receiver.

Don't be so sensitive. Other than laughing at certain of their players for crying after the Lions game, I'm like most people - I don't give two sh*ts about the Flacons.

I'm "talking crap" about those who think that drafting a stud receiver is going to "open things up" for another stud receiver.

Not being sensitive, I jsut can't believe that anyone is still arguing against Julio after having 5 TDs and a ton of yards in the last 4 games, since he's finally starting to really put it together. Not to derail the thread too much, but the numbers don't lie:

WR5: Roddy White (100 catches, 1296 yards, 7 TDs, despite league-leading 15 drops, led league in targets again at 179)

TE4: Tony Gonzalez (80 catches, 875 yards, 7 TDs, up from 70 catches last year)

WR21: Julio Jones (54 catches, 959 yards, In 13 games played with rookie struggles)

QB8: Matt Ryan (347 completions, 4177 yards, 29 TD/12 INT, up from 3,700 yards last year)

So despite Roddy dropping tons of catchable balls (which should lead to less targets), he was targeted the exact number of league-leading times, while Tony G had 10 more catches than last year and Julio had 53 catches and almost 1,000 yards in just 13 games himself.... And all this is with the Falcons having much bigger O-line issues than last year, contributing to early struggles and more poor games.

So where again is it false that an explosive WR opens up the passing game?

Edited by delusions of granduer

Not being sensitive, I jsut can't believe that anyone is still arguing against Julio after having 5 TDs and a ton of yards in the last 4 games, since he's finally starting to really put it together. Not to derail the thread too much, but the numbers don't lie:

Are you related to Julio Jones? Or maybe you have a Julio Jones poster on the wall of your bedroom? Relax, I've never said that the Jones pick was a bad pick.

So where again is it false that an explosive WR opens up the passing game?

Again, your reading comprehension is poor. Of course adding an "explosive" receiver is likely going to lead to an improvement in a teams passing game. I've never said otherwise. My comment is directed to the effect that the addition of a stud receiver has upon another stud receiver. Can you give me some instances where a receiver's numbers have improved with the addition of a 1a type receiver? White's didn't (unless you think that the increase of .9 yards per catch outweighs the drop in receptions, yards and TDs.)

Edited by Furd

Are you related to Julio Jones? Or maybe you have a Julio Jones poster on the wall of your bedroom? Relax, I've never said that the Jones pick was a bad pick.

No, I've just had to hear this crap all year about how Julio wasn't worth it, and assumed it was a continuation to that.

Again, your reading comprehension is poor. Of course adding an "explosive" receiver is likely going to lead to an improvement in a teams passing game. I've never said otherwise. My comment is directed to the effect that the addition of a stud receiver has upon another stud receiver. Can you give me some instances where a receiver's numbers have improved with the addition of a 1a type receiver? White's didn't (unless you think that the increase of .9 yards per catch outweighs the drop in receptions, yards and TDs.)

No, you don't seem to be getting the point of looknig at more than just Roddy, who's woes were more related to his own "struggles" (if you even want to call the season he still had that).

Why does it have to just be Roddy? Tony G's numbers improved and he caught more TDs than last year, and you could argue that the attention Roddy and Julio got was a big component. Add to that, Roddy was simply not as reliable this year, and yet his league-leading targets remained the exact same, while Ryan clearly trusted Tony G more on important downs, unlike past years when it was more Roddy...

Off the top of my head, 2 sure TDs by Roddy drew PI flags in game, allowing Turner to vulture them from the 1, and I can assure you that he dropped at least 1 other easy endzone pass. That would make up for the missed TDs, and I know there are other opportunities I'm forgetting in his 179 targets. He dropped 9 more passes than last year, which should have brought his total to 109, and according to his YPC could have added 116 yards to his total, improving on his career-best 1389 yards last year... If he played as well as in the past, then he easily could have improved just the same as Gonzo , despite Julio putting up almost 1,000 himself.

So while the help that Julio should have given to Roddy's numbers is all theoretical, it's evident that his own shortcomings were much more related to him dropping to the #5 WR, and allowed Tony G to be the biggest recipient of Julio "opening things up" instead (not to mention Turner, who had more yards on less touches than last year)... And moreover, even if that improvement is only neglible, it's still improvement and sustainability, despite the fact that Julio should be eating into their numbers a lot more with his production.

Edited by delusions of granduer

No, I've just had to hear this crap all year about how Julio wasn't worth it, and assumed it was a continuation to that.

I don't think anyone is saying that Julio isn't a great pick, but the Falcons gave up WAY too much for a player who wasn't a need. All they needed was a great complimentary WR to White & look at how well all the WRs that went after him did this season. Greg Little, Torrey Smith, Hankerson, Titus Young, Randall Cobb, Denarius Moore... Any one of these guys would have suited that role and the Falcons wouldn't have had to give up jack to get them. Sure Jones will be a great player and next to White forms an unbelievable tandem. But you have to admit, the Falcons ignored what was working for them on offense & instead of fixing the problem (defense), they chose to blow their retirement on a Ferrari.

I don't think anyone is saying that Julio isn't a great pick, but the Falcons gave up WAY too much for a player who wasn't a need. All they needed was a great complimentary WR to White & look at how well all the WRs that went after him did this season. Greg Little, Torrey Smith, Hankerson, Titus Young, Randall Cobb, Denarius Moore... Any one of these guys would have suited that role and the Falcons wouldn't have had to give up jack to get them. Sure Jones will be a great player and next to White forms an unbelievable tandem. But you have to admit, the Falcons ignored what was working for them on offense & instead of fixing the problem (defense), they chose to blow their retirement on a Ferrari.

IIRC, there were no real immediate impact guys on defense available at those picks that would have helped on this run. To me, it would have been conceding that they won't be ready to compete for a Superbowl until after Tony G retires (and maybe not even then as Roddy eventually slows down too).

That's also component #2. Roddy is getting towards the tail-end of his career, and Tony G should be retired by now if he wasn't in such incredible shape. So if things don't turn out on this run (and even if they do), then you've got a clear heir apparent to not skip a beat on offense as these guys fade into the sunset.

A young corner rated below Amukawhatever would not have immediately fixed the biggest weakness of the secondary (and wouldn't have improved that weakness that much when Grimes and Sanders are healthy), and the Falcons would struggle just the same to keep up with high-scoring offenses like the Packers and Saints (who continue to be the teams to beat). With the league transforming more and more into a passing-oriented league, the Falcons have just ensured that they'll have a top WR in the offense for years to come, to grow along with Ryan and help their playoff chances. I certainly don't think that adding the explosiveness that was dead last last year is going to hurt.