[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Mannings has received clearance to play

tazinib1

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Peyton Manning (neck surgeries) has received medical clearance to resume his NFL career.

The timing is a surprise after several sources claiming to be close to Manning told reporters early in the week that his career was in serious jeopardy. Gaining medical clearance doesn't guarantee that Manning will return to pre-injury form, but it's a positive sign that he has received the green light so early in the offseason. This would seem to increase the slim odds of Manning returning to the Colts, though the salary cap still looms as a prohibitive hurdle.

Let the games begin!!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We doctors aren't worried about Peyton getting injured due to his surgery, but we have no clue as to whether he'll ever throw the ball again with enough velocity and accuracy to play the game?

also, weren't they hoping to have this kind of news a few months ago?

Ya mean he would be worse than Tebow in that department????

:wacko:

And fusion of the neck nerves don't exactly happen overnight.

Let the games begin!!!

No doubt!

This is great news for Manning.

It will be very interesting following this story the next few months. I think he is probably out in Indy but a few teams will pay huge dollars to land him.

If Manning's camp leaked this news, it's pretty bush league to do it this week AND proof that Manning is the same as every other egotistical me-first athlete.

Yeah that's the ticket. I'm sure Manning rallied his "camp" and said "dudes, I'm all like missing the spotlight. It's all about me. So leak this to the press."

Ya mean he would be worse than Tebow in that department????

And fusion of the neck nerves don't exactly happen overnight.

Yikes! Sounds painful. Fusion of the vertebrae would suck. Fusion of the nerves, that would be torture.

yep

Yeah that's the ticket. I'm sure Manning rallied his "camp" and said "dudes, I'm all like missing the spotlight. It's all about me. So leak this to the press."

If you don't think this was done on purpose, during the week where EVERY important decision maker for EVERY NFL team is in town, you are extremely naive.

It's always about the player and how much money/attention they can get.

My point is, if Manning is as classy and respectful of the Colts as all of his nut-huggers say he is, then he doesn't do it this week WHEN HIS BROTHER is trying to win a Super Bowl. Weak sauce, and judging how Eli made it to New York in the first place, completely in character for the Manning name.

Edited by Chief Dick

If you don't think this was done on purpose, during the week where EVERY important decision maker for EVERY NFL team is in town, you are extremely naive.

My point is, if Manning is as classy and respectful of the Colts as all of his nut-huggers say he is, then he doesn't do it this week WHEN HIS BROTHER is trying to win a Super Bowl. Weak sauce, and judging now Eli made it to New York in the first place, completely in character for the Manning name.

+1

I figured we'd quit being naive after Favre crapped on his reputation the first three times.

My point is, if Manning is as classy and respectful of the Colts as all of his nut-huggers say he is, then he doesn't do it this week WHEN HIS BROTHER is trying to win a Super Bowl. Weak sauce, and judging how Eli made it to New York in the first place, completely in character for the Manning name.

For the record, I agree 100% as do several of us in town. Irsay and Manning said a week ago they need to handle this in house, together, and not in the press. And both have done nothing but interviews since then. Sickening honestly.

It's sad that it's taking time away from reporting on the city and their efforts hosing the Super Bowl as well as covering the two teams in the game. Seriously, what does waiting 4 more days to release this information hurt?!

what do you have against airplanes ? cause that is how Eli made it to NY and i am glad he did :wacko:

Edited by isleseeya

That announcement doesn't mean much. It means that his neck has healed sufficiently.

The real question is will he physically be able to play football. That's going to be mainly a question of arm strength, and its going to be some time before that question can be answered.

Whether Manning leaked it or not, they've done nothing but talk about it anyways. All kinds of reports surfacing every day. Ranging from "Peyton wants to play again" to "Peyton's gonna retire." Media have descended upon the city and they are all looking for a story.

That announcement doesn't mean much. It means that his neck has healed sufficiently.

The real question is will he physically be able to play football. That's going to be mainly a question of arm strength, and its going to be some time before that question can be answered.

Whats the neck have to do with arm strength? He can still walk o.k.