[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Davy Jones died

rocknrobn26

While it has never been much publicized.... he was the reason we have David Bowie..... whose real name is David Jones. :wacko:

I was kinda shocked to hear that he died. Knew he was touring.

Same here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he and Peter Tork the only "real music talents"? The rest were kinda learning as they went?

I sorta remember reading that somewhere years ago.

Same here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he and Peter Tork the only "real music talents"? The rest were kinda learning as they went?

I sorta remember reading that somewhere years ago.

Mike Nesmith was a real musician.

The others? Not so much.

ETA: Apparently Tork could play too.

Edited by Furd

Mike Nesmith was a real musician.

The others? Not so much.

ETA: Apparently Tork could play too.

You're right about Nesmith. :wacko: I'm pretty sure "Circus Boy" had to be taught the drums, but his voice was adequate.

I was kinda shocked to hear that he died. Knew he was touring.

If he'd been touring with Gerry and the Pacemakers, he might still be here today.

Many of you mock them, but it was real to me damnit! Honestly though, whether they formed naturally or were choosen to be a band and had much of their music written for them, they were still a solid band and sound for the time. As lame as it might seem now, they pushed the envelope for what was acceptable in TV broadcasting for the time as well. RIP. :frown:

Edited by millerx

They were saying in our local news this morning he actually had a house in NE PA (Beavertown) or stayed in the area frequently - imagine that ... houses in FL, London and Beavertown. Apparently it could be genetic - both his parents died at a young age.

RIP Davey!

I grew up near Beavertown, and he was pretty much the only celebrity with a house in our area. I actually saw him sing at a fair when I was really young, but, I don't really remember it. RIP.....Davy Jones.

A girl at work had told me that Davy Jones had passed away. I thought she was lying, but, then I saw her face..............