[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks Packers Game Thread

bushwacked

I meant the PI against SHIELDS on the last Seahawk drive. My bad. I got the SH part right at least...

And the PI I am referring to was actually against Chancellor on third down in the red zone and ultimately led to GB's TD. I am thinking it is likely GB would of kicked a field goal on 4th and 2, but of course with time and score being different the whole game would have changed anyways.

Golden Tate when asked about pushing off, "I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know what you're talking about."

....riiiiiiiight.

Actually I liked that. He knew exactly what happened and was able to say that with the straightest face ever.

Just saw a thing on ESPN that said that the possession was not reviewable. They can only rule if he was in bounds and if the ball hit the ground. This was from a video from the old official that was in the booth with the announcers. Could explain why it was not overturned at least.

Wow, that's crap....isn't the new rule that EVERY turnover play is reviewed? How are they not deciding "possession" on those?

Bullsh*t ass-covering hedging. If you're going to call it that the intended receiver did not go out of bounds and the ball did not hit the ground, then just about every end zone int is now a td.

Golden Tate when asked about pushing off, "I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know what you're talking about."

....riiiiiiiight.

What else was he supposed to say, lol. That's almost like Pete Carroll's response when asked what he'd tell one of his receivers if they had the opportunity again to make a block like Tate's made on Lee in the Dallas-Sea game. He diplomatically said something about using it as an teaching opportunity to show his players how to make legal hits, when everyone knows he was thinking "hell yes, you pop him!".

Edited by Tripleshot

Actually I liked that. He knew exactly what happened and was able to say that with the straightest face ever.

He did keep a straight face, but he responded so quickly and with such a defensive tone in his voice that it can off as very abrasive, to me at least. But yes, his face was set in stone, ha. I'm sure he was rehearsing like a fiend before hitting the interviewers!

If the guy on espn was right, possession was not reviewable. They can only rule if he was in bounds and if the ball hit the ground. If this was the case, the guys reviewing the play had his hands tied.

Is the point of replay to get the call CORRECT, or is it just to make everyone feel good?

I can think of 4 or 5 different interpretations to make the correct call - "did the Seattle WR control the ball?" "no, he did not"; "was the Seattle WR in bounds?" "yes he was, but he never had possession of the ball"; "did the ball hit the ground?" "no it did not, but the Seattle WR never had control" etc etc.

Crap call.

(and to answer a fair-enough question of "would I be this pissed if it hadn't happened to 'my' team?"; maybe not THIS pissed, but yeah, I'd be taking the same stance. Right is right)

And the PI I am referring to was actually against Chancellor on third down in the red zone and ultimately led to GB's TD. I am thinking it is likely GB would of kicked a field goal on 4th and 2, but of course with time and score being different the whole game would have changed anyways.

That was 3rd and 2 at the Seattle 47 when that PI was called. There wouldn't have been a field goal try.

Hmmm...well good game GB...Seattle is 1-2, Seatle is 2-1, but I'm more concerned about the refs...it's f'n horrendous.

Edit for accuracy....but the point about the refs is even more substantiated after I made the post.

Horrendous, disgusting, hopeful tipping point...can we as fans...at least not agree on the fact we need professional refs for pro games?

Wow, that's crap....isn't the new rule that EVERY turnover play is reviewed? How are they not deciding "possession" on those?

Bullsh*t ass-covering hedging.

yeah and I don't think it's accurate. I've seen many possession calls reviewed. maybe the replay ref wanted to hang them out and make the on-field refs look bad, as an act of solidarity with the regular refs. I say that sorta tongue in cheek, but it's actually not outside the realm of possibility.

As a Packer fan, I don't have problem losing this game to Seattle, they played really well. I have a problem with HOW GB lost the game.

I was "woe is me'ing" the horrendous defensive PI call in Seattle late in the game...which I feared was going to be the ultimate game changer......only to see about 3 or 4 horrendous more game changers called on GB.

I thought my injustice was going to be the tipping point...until the refs made several horrendous tipping point calls in favor of the Hawks.

It's a shame...because it really had the makings of a good NFL football game.

My team won...but I feel absolutely dirty about the win.

And if I was an unbiased viewer; I'd have about enough.

Edited by bushwacked

yeah and I don't think it's accurate. I've seen many possession calls reviewed. maybe the replay ref wanted to hang them out and make the on-field refs look bad, as an act of solidarity with the regular refs. I say that sorta tongue in cheek, but it's actually not outside the realm of possibility.

So now the booth officials have it out for the NFL. Yeah, ok... let's screw our employer in order to get our buddies back to work.

Edited by rajncajn

It's a shame...because it really had the makings of a good NFL football game.

My team won...but I feel absolutely dirty about the win.

And if I was an unbiased viewer; I'd have about enough.

I'm sitting here in Packerland and people are going "man, GB SUCKED tonight" - which their OL did, but I tend to think that Pete Carroll has built up a pretty good program there in the Northwest, just nobody knows it.

And you're right - instead of this being a not-quite classic, but satisfying, hard-fought win for the vitor (whoever that would have been), it's going to be remembered for the trainwreck of a blown, game-winning call.

So now the booth officials have it out for the NFL. Yeah, ok... let's screw our employer in order to get our buddies back to work.

The booth can only call for a replay. The ref on the field sustained the call and the booth has no authority to overturn it. These are not college rules. Edited by Big John

I'm sitting here in Packerland and people are going "man, GB SUCKED tonight" - which their OL did, but I tend to think that Pete Carroll has built up a pretty good program there in the Northwest, just nobody knows it.

And you're right - instead of this being a not-quite classic, but satisfying, hard-fought win for the vitor (whoever that would have been), it's going to be remembered for the trainwreck of a blown, game-winning call.

That is the shame in all of this. Those officials ruined a very good football game played by two very good teams. It isn't these officials fault. They are way out of their league. Shame on the NFL & Roger Goodell. You could see this coming, as there were atrocious calls in every game. It was a matter of time before one was as meaningful as this one was.

I missed the first half (work) but i got out of it:

1) GB offensive line sucked in the first half and Sea D line was awesome.

2) Pack D was great the whole game.

3) Pack O looked good in the 2nd half.

4) Completely ignoring the final play, I saw many bad calls and I understand that there were many more in the first half. (against both teams)

5) Could have been considered a classic but will always be thought about because of one play.