[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SF/SEA

BeeR

Really? All of his hits look clean to me. Perfect execution and hitting them in the chest or at least that is how I remember it.

That was my point. Great hits, but after watching the NFL this year, I thought I was going to see laundry and I'm glad we didn't.

Defenseless receiver shiat.

Edited by gilthorp
  • Like 2

wow ....nice interview u fn dickhead

just....wow

he can say anything he wants after making that play, in my opinion

It's funny, I had no problem with Sherman's post game interview. Heat of the moment, 1 minute after he just won the game and sent his team to the Super Bowl? It was way blown out of proportion. Especially if you hear the audio, because he did go up to Crabtree and offer his hand and say, "hell of a game!" and gets smacked in the head.

Who knew the stupidest thing to come out of his mouth would be the yesterday when he pulled the race card.

Edited by CaptainHook

It's funny, I had no problem with Sherman's post game interview. Heat of the moment, 1 minute after he just won the game and sent his team to the Super Bowl? It was way blown out of proportion. Especially if you hear the audio, because he did go up to Crabtree and offer his hand and say, "hell of a game!" and gets smacked in the head.

Who knew the stupidest thing to come out of his mouth would be the yesterday when he pulled the race card.

Him telling Crabtree "hell of a game" was taunting if taken in context. The smack on the ass, the bouncing up to him all giddy, you do that to a rival when you want to rub it in.

I'm not disapproving what he did, just pointing out that it was definitely not done out of respect or sportsmanship.

• Like 1

Maybe it wasn't the right time to do it, but the "helluva" game comment by Sherman sure sounded sincere to me. This is Sherman's MO. Larry Fitzgerald was the guy who said Sherman treats WR's with respect until he gets "dissed," then he goes off. :lol:

I agree. It also sounded sincere to me.

It just seems like the race card gets pulled WAY too much and in situations where it doesn't even make sense.

Telling a player "helluva game" and patting him on the butt after that play, before the game is over is like telling a player "good shot" when they shoot an air ball. Or saying "great pick" to the guy who drafts a kicker in the 3rd round of a fantasy draft.

It may sound sincere but no doubt he was trash talking and mocking Crabtree.

What makes Sherman's trash talking different from Boldin's game-long trash talking and helmet butting against Carolina the week before? Was it the timing of it, with Erin Andrews' mic in his face, to a national audience? Was it that Boldin wasn't miked up and we don't know what he was saying to the Carolina defense all game?

Was the fine for the comment to Crabtree or for the choke sign made towards the SF bench?

Gesturing toward the opposing team's bench is what drew the flag.

Edited by BA Baracus

Telling a player "helluva game" and patting him on the butt after that play, before the game is over is like telling a player "good shot" when they shoot an air ball. Or saying "great pick" to the guy who drafts a kicker in the 3rd round of a fantasy draft.

It may sound sincere but no doubt he was trash talking and mocking Crabtree.

So?

Was the fine for the comment to Crabtree or for the choke sign made towards the SF bench?

Gesturing toward the opposing team's bench is what drew the flag.

I would have to assume it was the choking gesture. Pro leagues have tried to outlaw that and the "throat slash" gesture in recent years, no?

And I've been pretty vocal against Sherman's rant here and in other forms of social media. I'll stand by my opinion and will offer this final thought: folks are comparing him to Muhammed Ali, noting that the great boxer was known for the amount of "trash" he talked. Huge difference, people: Ali was in a sport that required the athlete to be self-indulgent, using tactics like trash-talking. It's a one-on-one sport where you could easily create an advantage over your opponent by "getting in his head" using public forums.

Last I checked, football is a team sport. Am I saying Sherman should have given the canned and mundane "I want to take this opportunity to thank God and my teammates" garbage? Absolutely not. But it was 100% about Sherman. Great if you're Ali, pretty weak if you're a football player. Again, my opinion.

What about Crabtree here? Shouldn't he have got 15 yards for hitting Sherman in the head? :thinking:

How about we focus on the upcoming game instead of hashing out what was a punk move and what was just "in the heat of the moment"?

This game reminds me of the Raiders/Bucs SB. If I recall, that was the best offense vs the best defense (I'm sure Keggerz will have the stats telling me I'm wrong). Either way, it was damn close to #1 vs #1.

Similar outcome?

How about we focus on the upcoming game instead of hashing out what was a punk move and what was just "in the heat of the moment"?

The focus of this thread is last weeks game. There is another thread for next week.

• Like 1