[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SF/SEA

BeeR

Observations.

I think Kaepernick gets better from this, and he's got a high ceiling still. No 3rd WR threat hurts them if Davis is getting blanked. I hope Bowman is OK and I'm glad that play didn't determine the outcome of the game.

Baldwin is a player. Tate is over rated. Wilson seems like a real good kid and it's good to see him handle himself so well.

I was expecting to see flags flying on Chancellor when he was crushing people. I don't know what is a penalty on those plays anymore and the NFL needs to fix this.

Is anyone surprised? Aren't these the two best teams in the Super Bowl?

I agree with most of this Gil. I'm undecided on Kap though..just don't know what to make of him yet.

Wilson impresses the hell out of me. Guy's throwing to Doug Baldwin, Golden Tate and Zach Miller. I'd be very excited about the future if he QB'd my team

I would like to thank my teammates, because without them, none of this would be possible. Thanks to the fans. I'm going to Disneyworld.

Feel better?

Boring.

I can't stand Harbaugh and that's sugar coating it. But I respect him for the interview he just gave. I never understood why they have to give an interview after losing a game this big

Observations.

I think Kaepernick gets better from this, and he's got a high ceiling still. No 3rd WR threat hurts them if Davis is getting blanked. I hope Bowman is OK and I'm glad that play didn't determine the outcome of the game.

Baldwin is a player. Tate is over rated. Wilson seems like a real good kid and it's good to see him handle himself so well.

I was expecting to see flags flying on Chancellor when he was crushing people. I don't know what is a penalty on those plays anymore and the NFL needs to fix this.

Is anyone surprised? Aren't these the two best teams in the Super Bowl?

Kaep has tremendous upside, but he's got a ways to go. Agree, not surprised at all it's Den vs Sea.

some brief thoughts:

congrats to my Hawks fan friends. you guys have an excellent team and have been waiting a while to avenge your SB loss. the 9ers gave me a good season (3 actually). a lot of optimism for next year as well. this team is close to being the best in football. i would like to see kaep develop more as a qb. he has done a lot better (since getting crabtree back) at playclock management, throwing the ball away, etc. he needs to progress with his decision- making and reads. they need to find a replacement for gore. i love him but backs can only go so far.

sea and sf are very similar. with regard to that i am still enthusiastic about the superbowl pitting strength against strength. very interested to see who wins teh chess match between Den's offense and sea's D.

not going to go into the details about my displeasure with this game... beyond i am fairly disappointed and will likely place less interest in the NFL and FF moving forward (though this has been building up for several years)

I thought this was a hard fought game and both teams gave their all. I was very disappointed in the penalty calls on SF. Seems like they got hosed three times. First on the shove out of bounds, which seems ridiculous. Only because he hit a member of the chain gang was that called. Second call was the Bowman strip fumble. That guy gave his leg for that play then got trampled during the fight for the ball that he had tucked away. I hope he is able to come back because that knee looked like he tore every ligament in the poor thing. Injury like that may be hard to recover from.

Kap needs to lean to be patient. He got greedy and was on the verge of making a historic drive but couldn't hold his water. He had them on the ropes and with his legs could have made a smarter play at the end. He's still young though. Russel made plays too but he put some ball up into no mans land also.

All in all, we end up with what should be a great Superbowl matchup. The unstoppable O vs. the Immovable D. Should be a good one.

Second call was the Bowman strip fumble. That guy gave his leg for that play then got trampled during the fight for the ball that he had tucked away. I hope he is able to come back because that knee looked like he tore every ligament in the poor thing. Injury like that may be hard to recover from.

I think every IDP player that owns Bowman is feeling disgusted right now. I hope he recovers, that LB squad for the 49'rs is the best in the NFL IMO.

The comment about Kaep needing a 3rd WR presence to succeed is a little off target. He already has Vernon, Crabtree, and Boldin. Adding a 4th target will only be one more receiver he never looks at at because he can't get past two progressions before he takes off and runs. My Niner fan best friend constantly complains about how Kaep never, ever checks the ball down to a wide open Gore as it is. But I still like the guy and if my team didn't already have Wilson, I would feel completely lucky to have him at QB.

I was taken aback myself at Sherman's post-game interview but came away thinking that he sounded really, really pissed off. That made me wonder wth Crabtree said to him. So yeah, I don't like it either, one bit, but methinks it wasn't entirely one-sided. If there was audio of both sides of the conversation, would the haters be hating both or still just be hating Sherman? I don't excuse him, but I also realize there's two sides to every story and it's rarely as one-sided as it seems.

I agree that Erin Andrews needs to be held.

The Bowman injury is a damn shame, and I hope he makes a full and complete recovery. He was the best player on the field today, and IMO, has surpassed Willis as the best inside linebacker in football(sorry Luke, Bowman's been doing it longer).

I love the future of both the Seahawks and the Niners. They're not only good now and loaded with young talent, but they both have great front offices and coaches and are set up for long term success. They will lose players as those players get paid big bucks, but they will simply plug in other talented, drafted players(example - Niners lose Goldson and draft Reid to replace him). This rivalry is primed to become one of the great ones of all time, and I predict there will be many more Seahawk-Niner NFC championships games in the next decade.

• Like 1

some brief thoughts:

congrats to my Hawks fan friends. you guys have an excellent team and have been waiting a while to avenge your SB loss. the 9ers gave me a good season (3 actually). a lot of optimism for next year as well. this team is close to being the best in football. i would like to see kaep develop more as a qb. he has done a lot better (since getting crabtree back) at playclock management, throwing the ball away, etc. he needs to progress with his decision- making and reads. they need to find a replacement for gore. i love him but backs can only go so far.

sea and sf are very similar. with regard to that i am still enthusiastic about the superbowl pitting strength against strength. very interested to see who wins teh chess match between Den's offense and sea's D.

not going to go into the details about my displeasure with this game... beyond i am fairly disappointed and will likely place less interest in the NFL and FF moving forward (though this has been building up for several years)

Look no further than Marcus Lattimore he will be 2 years removed from his injury and he would have been a top first round RB if not for the injury. Don't think that harbaugh doesn't know exactly what he has sitting on the shelf in the cabinet. They were smart to draft him and sit for a year on the kid he has all pro capability if he can fully recover from the devastating injury.

Look no further than Marcus Lattimore he will be 2 years removed from his injury and he would have been a top first round RB if not for the injury. Don't think that harbaugh doesn't know exactly what he has sitting on the shelf in the cabinet. They were smart to draft him and sit for a year on the kid he has all pro capability if he can fully recover from the devastating injury.

Reminds me of another Niner running back...

Reminds me of another Niner running back...

Craig at 6'0" and 220 and lattimore at 5'11" 221 is a pretty good comparison also Ricky running watters was 6'1" 220 also a good mold to start with either way! I think upon my initial analysis the kid has the running style of watters a little more though as he is a glider... I only wish they would have taken Keenan Allen on draft day as he was a super quality buy where he was going. I was so wishing they would take a chance on the Berkeley kid and keep him local. Looks like he woulda been a welcome addition oh well thems the breaks

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

How about that second half? That may end up being the best sporting event I will ever go to. I was thinking even if we lost, it was one helluva game. I expected it to be loud, but I didn't expect it to hurt.

I'm glad the 49ers played better. They seem to have gotten over the hump at the Clink, and weren't intimidated by the noise. This rivalry is going to be pretty amazing for the next long time. There was a huge 49ers presence at the stadium. I often ridicule Seahawks fans as being pretty classless, but I actually saw a ton of fans shaking hands and patting 49ers fans on the way out.

I just had a huge post last week on the local forum about how happy I was that Sherman has been able to mature this season and not act like a classless punk. My bad. I know Crabtree said something earlier in the week about how Sherman wasn't that good, but geez, this was ridiculous.

Did Kaepernick not watch any Seahawks tape from this year? Sherman defends the fade better than any corner in the league defends any route. You drive all the way down the field going to the trips side, and then you decide to try a fade at Sherm with the game on the line? Idiot.

Kam Chancellor is a freaking rhinoceros.

Do the Seahawks have the best secondary in the history of the NFL? Even Maxwell just wasn't having any of it.

The Seahawks have two weeks to figure out how to score some points. They're going to cover their butts off against the Broncos, but they're going to have to score a bit. Pretty darn intriguing game.

Really? All of his hits look clean to me. Perfect execution and hitting them in the chest or at least that is how I remember it.

I agree that this was a hit to the head.

However, Whitner clearly was leading with his shoulder and the path of the receiver after he changed course from the initial hit carried his head into the path of the tackle. It was obvious to me there was no intent to attack the head area, and had the receiver not changed paths during the play, Whitner's shoulder would have struck below the receiver's pad level.

Not sure how you penalize something like that and not fundamentally change the game.

The Niners were dominant in the first half. Seattle bent but didn't break. That game was very exciting. I hope Bowman recovers. I love that guy. Sherman was classless but it didn't surprise me. The hit on Davis from Chancellor was maybe the best hit I have seen all year. I think Kaep is a gifted and talented athlete but I think he is an arrogant prick too and I am glad he had 2 picks late. The no call on the roughing the kicker was big. I am also glad the terrible missed call on the Bowman fumble didn't factor in to the score . I will never root for the niners as a Cowboys fan but I sure respect their game, especially on D. They have some monsters on that D and they had Wilson on the run all game. Seattle had a terrific 2nd half and Wilson is a very poised young qb. I really enjoyed that game a lot.On paper, this is a terrific superbowl match up. I cant wait to see Manning try and outsmart that swarming D. 2 awesome teams . This is the matchup we expected. It should be a great one

• Like 1

I agree that this was a hit to the head.

However, Whitner clearly was leading with his shoulder and the path of the receiver after he changed course from the initial hit carried his head into the path of the tackle. It was obvious to me there was no intent to attack the head area, and had the receiver not changed paths during the play, Whitner's shoulder would have struck below the receiver's pad level.

Not sure how you penalize something like that and not fundamentally change the game.

It doesn't matter what the receiver did or didn't do and it doesn't matter what the DB's intent was, it's the DB's responsibility to not hit the helmet of the receiver when he is in a defenseless position. The game has already been fundamentally changed...

• Like 2