[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade etiquette...

sksmith

Is it standard procedure or frowned upon to propose trades to various people in your league that involve the same players on your team?

ie: your RB John Doe is offered to both Team B and Team C in exchange for whatever

My newbie-ness shows...I assumed a FCFS approach to trading, just wanted to make sure there wasn't some underlying feeling of getting "burned" because you go to accept a trade offer only to find out all involved are gone to another trade

I've never done it myself, but I don't mind if other people do it. I know one guy who does this all the time. He offers one player to 5 different teams and whoever accepts first gets the trade.

This - and then let it be known that you have several other offers out there - I was able to move Cruz for both Hilton & P Thomas last week doing it..

Maybe I'm just so entrenched in dynasty formats that I don't know how it is in "normal redrafts" anymore.

In dynasty formats, trades are usually discussed via email, sometimes over the course of days or weeks even.

In that case, you can certainly have discussions going with multiple folks. Ultimately you want what's best for your team, so if you have a player on the block you are most certainly entitled to shop him around. And I think others that you're dealing with probably realize that you are, too.

This - and then let it be known that you have several other offers out there - I was able to move Cruz for both Hilton & P Thomas last week doing it..

Didn't even consider using the built in message board...that would make too much sense and I can't have that! Good pointer, though...that's a decent way to open up communique with the guys I don't personally know

Is it standard procedure or frowned upon to propose trades to various people in your league that involve the same players on your team?

ie: your RB John Doe is offered to both Team B and Team C in exchange for whatever

Why a problem? Pro teams do it...offer out to multiple teams and get the best deal for you.

As others say much of the negotiation on trades occurs through email for me, not trade offers on the league site. So I usually don't have multiple trade offers on the site at once for the same player, but will often negotiate with multiple owners on trades for the same player.

I also do the broadcast message to all owners, CBS has an "on the block" feature you select player(s) needs (by position) and enter text that is sent to all owners then wait for offers to come. That is usually less effective but a good way of letting the whole league know you have this asset you want to trade. I just did that with Cutler since I also have Rivers, both are top 3 right now in our league (and probably top 5-8 for the season) so I'm hoping to get some RB for them. In another week or two I'll be targeting owners more directly if nothing pans out.

The reality is it is pretty stupid to not shop a player you are looking to move around. If you only talk to one owner, you have no leverage.

Talk to multiple owners, you now have leverage and can play offers off of each other to get a little more....just have to play that fine line of not being greedy and losing all potential trade partners.

• Like 1

I offer up the same players to multiple other owners all the time. Especially in a sell-high situation. The only thing I try to stay away from is offering the same players to the same owner in two seperate deals, looks a little like desperation to me and might make them question your motives

I posted on the home page of one of my leagues this year Dez for young RB and let owners interested send offers to me. Then no one felt left out , of course when I excepted a trade 2-owners that never made an offer got pissed because they thought I took to little for him ( I was loaded @ WR & no Starting RB but Foster ) so sometime you can't win