[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buccaneers vs. Cowboys (TNF)

League_Champion

5 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I made an ostensibly bad trade by trading both Allen Robinson and Mike Evans for AJ Brown. But this was my concern. Mike Evans is unreliable in the best of times and with Antonio Brown surging I really didn't even want Evans on my team. And with only one flexspot I can't afford to have 50% of his games being duds

Holy mackerel that's a really bad trade. I see Brown as only a slight upgrade to Robinson and while I understand your frustration with Evans, he's still a top 20 WR. However, sometimes, it takes making brash moves to win it all, GL.

1 minute ago, irish said:

Holy mackerel that's a really bad trade. I see Brown as only a slight upgrade to Robinson and while I understand your frustration with Evans, he's still a top 20 WR. However, sometimes, it takes making brash moves to win it all, GL.

Right, it's a 10 team league and only 1 flex spot so I was trying to optimize my top scorers. I also have Antonio Brown who looks to be as good as Evans if not better so he's a better flex play anyway right now, and I wouldn't be surprised if I have other guys on my bench as good as Evans. So really it came down to Arob vs AJ Brown and I like that trade. If I offered less I don't think I could have gotten it done. Time will tell 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Def. said:

when your app switches to the nightly news with a little over 4 minutes left on the clock.  :furious:

Luckily logged into another stream to catch the last two scores.  Hell of a game.  When you're losing in plays, time of possession, and turn overs and still win the game...ya, gotta think Tampa goes back to the bowl. 

What kind of stream were you watching that would cut over to nightly news?  Certainly nothing official, why not just watch on the NFL App, its a national game and all national and locally broadcast games are available there. 

But I get the anger, I often have race events that don't run in the recorded time slot, and I miss the beginning or the end. 

What an entertaining game, would have been nice to see a little more defense and running. I cannot believe I was rooting for the Cowboys at times. Dak and the Cowboys offense looked really good, the Bradies looked pretty good too. 

Good game fantasy wise, with Cooper 100+ yds and 2TDs scoring 26 points which is elite RB/WR numbers, ore more like a good QB score. Also had Succup, but my opponent also did well with AB and Z-leg. 

3 hours ago, irish said:

Evans will be garbage as long as Brown is around. He may have some good games, but nowhere near his ADP and an untrustworthy start.

4 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Evans will be garbage as long as Brown is around. He may have some good games, but nowhere near his ADP and an untrustworthy start.

Somebody should have told folks doing player rankings, because one list I was looking at had Evans as a top 10WR, Godwin top 20, and AB outside the top 50. ADP numbers I saw reflected similar values (Evans/Godwin in 3/4, AB in 7th).

37 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Somebody should have told folks doing player rankings, because one list I was looking at had Evans as a top 10WR, Godwin top 20, and AB outside the top 50. ADP numbers I saw reflected similar values (Evans/Godwin in 3/4, AB in 7th).

AB looked great but slow down, it's only 1 game. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

What kind of stream were you watching that would cut over to nightly news?  Certainly nothing official, why not just watch on the NFL App, its a national game and all national and locally broadcast games are available there. 

But I get the anger, I often have race events that don't run in the recorded time slot, and I miss the beginning or the end. 

It was the official NBC app, they cut their own live broadcast stream to switch to the slotted news program.  Can't use the NFL app because it does not have an option to authenticate with provider DirecTV. 

Edited by Def.

1 minute ago, Def. said:

It was the official NBC app, they cut their own live broadcast stream to switch to the slotted news program.  Can't use the NFL app because it does not have an option to authenticate with provider DirecTV. 

Wow that sucks. And why the hell don't they have an option to authenticate for a large TV provider like that, especially one they partnered with for a long time on Sunday Ticket. 

I thought NFL app would allow watching games without having any TV provider authentication for games on broadcast TV. Even for ESPN I thought I watched one that way. But maybe I had already entered my brother's Dish Network credentials which I had used a few times to watch NFL Network games after U-Verse dropped it. What I recall (and see again now) is that all games shown locally this weekend (CBS/Fox Sunday afternoon, NBC SNF, ESPN MNF) have a "Watch" button in the Scores area, and I had been able to click on those and watch. (Games available depend on your location at the time, was in TEN one weekend and saw the Watch for their local games, not mine back in CLE.)

But geez the NFL app is slow as manure now. Bloated with too much junk no doubt, like the revised CBS Fantasy app. 

50 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

AB looked great but slow down, it's only 1 game. 

Who lobbied for AB to be signed? Who was living with Tom Brady? AB is Brady's guy, Evans is a mental case on the field. I'm just not a fan at all and regardless, there are too many mouths to feed with Gronk, OJ Howard and Godwin there as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Who lobbied for AB to be signed? Who was living with Tom Brady? AB is Brady's guy, Evans is a mental case on the field. I'm just not a fan at all and regardless, there are too many mouths to feed with Gronk, OJ Howard and Godwin there as well.

Whoa, calm down. I'm just saying pump the breaks. It's week 1. 

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

AB and Godwin are also the type of receivers Tom prefers with their separation skills. Evans is a big bodied receiver like Golladay who excels at using his body to catch the ball. I agree, too many mouths to feed.