[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antonio Brown loses his mind

DMD

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

"You can't fire me, I quit", haha 

Who wants a chance at another Super Bowl ring, I'm outta here. 

This has to be the end of his NFL career. Dude has serious issues. WTF was he mad about, losing to the Jets? Brady not throwing to him enough. I wonder if he was like one of those fans who left early thinking they'd lose, staring through the fence watching his team come back to win. 

I only saw the highlights of it, figured there was some blow up or something that happened during the game to set him off. But so far doesn't seem to be smoking gun, just this goofball exposing his true self to the world.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2022/01/03/antonio-brown-leaves-game-tampa-bay-buccaneers-bruce-arians/9075069002/

Wow and his outburst and exit from the Bucs could have cost him a cool million dollars in potential incentives

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1477739671794892805

Edited by stevegrab

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Who wants a chance at another Super Bowl ring, I'm outta here. 

This has to be the end of his NFL career. Dude has serious issues. WTF was he mad about, losing to the Jets? Brady not throwing to him enough. I wonder if he was like one of those fans who left early thinking they'd lose, staring through the fence watching his team come back to win. 

I only saw the highlights of it, figured there was some blow up or something that happened during the game to set him off. But so far doesn't seem to be smoking gun, just this goofball exposing his true self to the world.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2022/01/03/antonio-brown-leaves-game-tampa-bay-buccaneers-bruce-arians/9075069002/

Wow and his outburst and exit from the Bucs could have cost him a cool million dollars in potential incentives

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1477739671794892805

I'll lay money that despite being on field, the plays weren't focused on him. His behavior was not brought out in Pittsburgh because he was always the favored receiver. He likely felt like he was being singled out and avoided, (delusions of persecution) prompting the break from reality. No rationale mind would do what he did, he wasn't capable of making lucid and rationale decisions at that moment. 

Unless he finds someone who really cares about him, with a lot of patience, and he gets help he'll either wind up drug or alcohol dependent or commit suicide within the next 10 years. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

I'll lay money that despite being on field, the plays weren't focused on him. His behavior was not brought out in Pittsburgh because he was always the favored receiver. He likely felt like he was being singled out and avoided, (delusions of persecution) prompting the break from reality. No rationale mind would do what he did, he wasn't capable of making lucid and rationale decisions at that moment. 

Unless he finds someone who really cares about him, with a lot of patience, and he gets help he'll either wind up drug or alcohol dependent or commit suicide within the next 10 years. 

I know Brady took him into his home early on and supported him greatly.

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I know Brady took him into his home early on and supported him greatly.

If you saw Brady's response about it after the game he still loves and supports AB.  I doubt Arians feels that way and wonder if Brady really does, or just wants to remain Terrific to his public. 

Everyone there is a bunch of enablers. They knew, they saw. The fake Covid card would have been cause for release if they truly weren't enablers. 

It's clear the man needs help. He needs no more catering to, but real help. I have empathy for people that need help, but zero for enablers. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Everyone there is a bunch of enablers. They knew, they saw. The fake Covid card would have been cause for release if they truly weren't enablers. 

It's clear the man needs help. He needs no more catering to, but real help. I have empathy for people that need help, but zero for enablers. 

How is this different from many other players/teams.  Drafting players with serious character concerns and only carring about winning a game.

The pattern repeats itself again and again and only when something is so shocking that it's a p.r. nightmare are they released and then signed by another team a short time later when they think we have all forgotten. 

I was still in 6 leagues that had a legit shot to win a championship going into week 17 (4 H2H and 2 total pts for 3 weeks)

I started AB in 5 of them.  I wish he was inactive.  I ended up winning 2 of the 6 for sure.  Tonight will decide 2 of them (both where if AB was inactive I would have all but already won).

It is even worse when the guy you were going to put in for AB scored 2 TD's in both leagues but he was active and I fell for it.  

I play in a lot of high stakes leagues yet these 2 leagues mean more to me than anything they my longest running redraft (1990) and longest running dynasty (1997).

Despite making the playoffs 30 times in 32 years and despite never having a losing season 32 straight years I have just 3 titles with the last being 2003.  Really going to hurt to lose this redraft league because AB went bonkers I was winning huge then Metcalf and St Brown happened.  Currently I have the highest championship game score in the history of the league yet I might lose!

16 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

How is this different from many other players/teams.  Drafting players with serious character concerns and only carring about winning a game.

The pattern repeats itself again and again and only when something is so shocking that it's a p.r. nightmare are they released and then signed by another team a short time later when they think we have all forgotten. 

I say the way the Vikings are handling Everson Griffin is different than this. Tampa knew...they are selfish enablers. 

But, you are right - most teams will just be enablers to win. F em. 

1 hour ago, gilthorp said:

I say the way the Vikings are handling Everson Griffin is different than this. Tampa knew...they are selfish enablers. 

But, you are right - most teams will just be enablers to win. F em. 

Everson had some serious mental health issues but by all reports he is nothing like AB. Very well liked by coaches and players alike. Genial, a leader, gives 100%. 

19 hours ago, Henry Muto said:

I was still in 6 leagues that had a legit shot to win a championship going into week 17 (4 H2H and 2 total pts for 3 weeks)

I started AB in 5 of them.  I wish he was inactive.  I ended up winning 2 of the 6 for sure.  Tonight will decide 2 of them (both where if AB was inactive I would have all but already won).

It is even worse when the guy you were going to put in for AB scored 2 TD's in both leagues but he was active and I fell for it.  

I play in a lot of high stakes leagues yet these 2 leagues mean more to me than anything they my longest running redraft (1990) and longest running dynasty (1997).

Despite making the playoffs 30 times in 32 years and despite never having a losing season 32 straight years I have just 3 titles with the last being 2003.  Really going to hurt to lose this redraft league because AB went bonkers I was winning huge then Metcalf and St Brown happened.  Currently I have the highest championship game score in the history of the league yet I might lose!

Henry Muto,  how did your 2 leagues turn out?  Inquiring minds want to know........

1 minute ago, purplemonster said:

Not to beat a dead horse on this one. But I find it additionally strange it is what 3 days later, and nobody, maybe even Brown himself knew why he left 

According to some things he has said, he was injured and told to return to the field, and refused The coach says that BS, there was no injury preventing him from playing. 

I think most rational people will believe Arians over AB. 

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-antonio-browns-latest-implosion-appears-to-be-his-final-act-in-nfl/

portion of article

No one knows for sure why Brown imploded.

Brown reportedly declined to enter the game, citing an ankle injury. He was then told to “get out” by Tampa Bay coach Bruce Arians. Arians confirmed Brown’s refusal but said Brown didn’t say he was hurt. Brown’s ankle seemed OK when he jumped around during his exit.

Brown released a rap song Sunday. Of course he did.

He certainly looked just fine physically, as he tore off his pads and then jogged through the endzone, throwing up peace signs and flashing that money-making smile of his. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/antonio-brown-attacks-tom-brady-bruce-arians-in-texts-finally-gets-released-172509250.html

Before week 17 he wanted the Bucs to guarantee the remaining $2million of his contract that were incentives.  WTF?  Why they hell would they do that? Because of all the good will you earned? 

I know some will take his side, not sure why. Good luck with that. 

Still keeping an open mind. Curious if the ankle injury, as hideous as it sounds, can be verified, and that he was "cleared" was never in doubt.

Granted, his past behavior and $ bonus can be a factor here. But, if they shot him up, and he said he couldn't go...and Arians flat out lost it, there's something to figure out.

I can see with Godwin out, Arians might have been the provoking party. It's not out of the question.

• Confused 1

So he tried to get the team to guarantee incentives. They didn't nor should they have to. He's upset about not getting the ball enough, then decides to leave the game, then later says it was because of his ankle despite clamoring for the ball during the game and never mentioning his ankle. Sounds about right

• Like 1