[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Watson news - won't face criminal charges

darin3

11 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Wow, very profound. Is he quoting rap lyrics now?

Yes apparently so, according to the article where I found that tweet. They showed his IG post on news last night, old white guys (sports guy and Browns radio voice Jim Donovan and myself) didn't know (or mention) it was rap lyrics.  I've tried to reach out to Donovan to see if he might address the potential for the Browns to get out of the contract if they determine he was lying to them. Its not a great solution, and I doubt they'd go back to Baker, but it would get rid of the distraction and the stench that will take over this team. Maybe the majority of players, coaches and others associated with the team don't care, so long as he can play well. But from the beginning I know fans (men) that were not at all happy with the move, and don't want to root for him. 

This PFT article does talk about the potential for the Browns to void his contract, and possible recoup some of the signing bonus, 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/07/could-24th-lawsuit-against-deshaun-watson-eventually-allow-browns-to-void-his-guarantees/

Second, if Watson eventually is suspended for the conduct alleged in the 24th lawsuit, the Browns possibly will be able to void his guarantees and move on from him, and possibly to recover a significant portion of his signing bonus.

As explained in early April, after we obtained a full copy of Watson’s contract, the contract exempts from the standard default/guarantee void language a suspension imposed by the league “solely in connection with matters disclosed to Club in writing pursuant to paragraph 42 and such suspension results in Player’s unavailability to Club solely for games during the 2022 or 2023 NFL League Years.”

More details of the contract and the implications are covered after that. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Yes apparently so, according to the article where I found that tweet. They showed his IG post on news last night, old white guys (sports guy and Browns radio voice Jim Donovan and myself) didn't know (or mention) it was rap lyrics.  I've tried to reach out to Donovan to see if he might address the potential for the Browns to get out of the contract if they determine he was lying to them. Its not a great solution, and I doubt they'd go back to Baker, but it would get rid of the distraction and the stench that will take over this team. Maybe the majority of players, coaches and others associated with the team don't care, so long as he can play well. But from the beginning I know fans (men) that were not at all happy with the move, and don't want to root for him. 

It's crazy because I never heard a bad word uttered about Deshaun Watson prior to this debacle. It seems like the closet is full of skeletons. 

Like others have alluded to , this was a kinky fetish thing . This is a multi millionaire football star . He could have smoking hot chicks and these Instagram hoes lined up around the block, yet it seems he chose to get creepy with all of these massage ladies . Id say where there is smoke there is fire. Even if some of these are a cash grab or false , something seedy went on in a lot of these instances . Im afraid this wont have a happy ending for him or the Browns 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I thought he was only a creep, but it appears there are reports where there was physical contact and/or indecent exposure.

Asking for a handy is different than grabbing her hand and putting it on your junk and that is different than rape.

So he's somewhere between you and Ben Roethlisberger :yay:

Who the hell knows? We weren't there. 

3 hours ago, whomper said:

Like others have alluded to , this was a kinky fetish thing . This is a multi millionaire football star . He could have smoking hot chicks and these Instagram hoes lined up around the block, yet it seems he chose to get creepy with all of these massage ladies . Id say where there is smoke there is fire. Even if some of these are a cash grab or false , something seedy went on in a lot of these instances . Im afraid this wont have a happy ending for him or the Browns 

The Browns end up with the ultimate facial.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

I hear ya, but my opinion is that Ben raped those two women and that reports are starting to be convincing that he's more than a creep.

And this is why people who file false reports should face significant prison time.

Because there's no such thing as "innocent until proven guilty". That's a lie.

They don't want anyone in jail, they want money 💰. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

2 of them at least wanted him in jail, and the grand jury declined,  the latest 2 can still try that route,  I'm not sure how many others of the original 22 contacted police.

33 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

2 of them at least wanted him in jail, and the grand jury declined,  the latest 2 can still try that route,  I'm not sure how many others of the original 22 contacted police.

He was never arrested or charged with any crime. Did any of them press charges at the time it allegedly happened? He's absolutely a creep but at this point it reeks of a money grab. Can't blame them I guess, why not? 

It just seems this is going to get gross. I can't imagine DeSean is playing this year, possibly ever. The Browns may void his contract and save themselves money but are still out three 1st round picks, a 3rd , and 4th round pick. Unless they want to sue the Texans for some type of fraud or misrepresentation or something. And those picks the Browns gave up could be pretty high the way things are going. Oh we still haven't gotten to Baker.  

Edited by purplemonster

Just now, League_Champion said:

He was never arrested or charged with any crime. Did any of them press charges at the time it allegedly happened? He's absolutely a creep but at this point it reeks of a money grab. Can't blame them I guess, why not? 

He was brought before a grand jury and they made the decision to not indict

I think the statistic is 1 in 5 american women have been/were the victim of an attempted rape and 81% of women say they have been victims of sexual Harassment. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Lol.

Things look worse for Watson and you're like 'No one knows what happened, we weren't there.'  And then a couple posts later it changes to money grubbing hoes are certainly scamming Watson. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Lol.

Things look worse for Watson and you're like 'No one knows what happened, we weren't there.'  And then a couple posts later it changes to money grubbing hoes are certainly scamming Watson. 

He's not going to jail for anything he did. He will get suspended though, ONLY because it's a bad look for the NFL. He's a pervy creep. 

12 hours ago, millworkguy said:

He was brought before a grand jury and they made the decision to not indict

I think the statistic is 1 in 5 american women have been/were the victim of an attempted rape and 81% of women say they have been victims of sexual Harassment. 

But if they don't go to police immediately some people will never believe them, apparently that includes LC. So tired of hearing that "why didn't they report it when it happened". I wonder what kind of compassion these people have when something happens to somebody they care about. 

12 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Lol.

He's all over the place, and mostly about bashing people he really knows nothing about. Hot takes and hyperbole, that's all he has. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

But if they don't go to police immediately some people will never believe them, apparently that includes LC. So tired of hearing that "why didn't they report it when it happened". I wonder what kind of compassion these people have when something happens to somebody they care about.

Correct, otherwise people could just make this stuff up, ruin lives, etc. And it does happen Steve. I believe something happened but you're telling me that not one single girl left there and went straight to the Police? Especially if he just shot semen on you? C'mon!! 

26 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

If a guy shot semen all over you, how quickly would you report it?

Seriously though, I totally believe he did some creepy shizz but I also believe that the majority of these stories are over embellished. He just casually shot a load on someone?? She didn't help at all??