[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julio Jones released

DMD

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Bears RB Darrynton Evans says "not so fast"

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/julio-jones-to-chicago-one-bears-player-is-trying-to-make-it-happen/

If teams can stop expecting him to perform like he did in the 2010s he might be worth signing.

I'm not sure why the Bears would want to go and blow a bunch of money on him.  Not like they're going to be winning anything anytime soon.

I could actually see him come to LA to see if he could help the Rams out while OBJ is rehabbing the ACL tear.

5 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I'm not sure why the Bears would want to go and blow a bunch of money on him.  Not like they're going to be winning anything anytime soon.

I could actually see him come to LA to see if he could help the Rams out while OBJ is rehabbing the ACL tear.

Notice its a player talking, the article also says that Fields may back up Evans view, since he grew up in north Georgia watching Julio during his heyday. I doubt management is as interested as these guys. 

I was also going to say, not at all familiar with that website, but looking at the name (sportsmockery.com) now I wonder if they are meant to be satire.

Edited by stevegrab

12 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Bears RB Darrynton Evans says "not so fast"

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/julio-jones-to-chicago-one-bears-player-is-trying-to-make-it-happen/

If teams can stop expecting him to perform like he did in the 2010s he might be worth signing.

Julio retired 2 years ago, he just forgot to tell anyone. 

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
31 minutes ago, Big John said:

Bucs to sign him to a 1-year contract.

Well damn, I don't know how much I like this as an Evans owner.  Does Julio have anything left in the tank?  If so, it could eat into his workload.

I wonder if the Bucs think Godwin is still behind on his rehab.  :shrug:  

I thought they'd be fine with Evans, Gage and Godwin when he's healthy.  This muddles things up.

18 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Well damn, I don't know how much I like this as an Evans owner.  Does Julio have anything left in the tank?  If so, it could eat into his workload.

I wonder if the Bucs think Godwin is still behind on his rehab.  :shrug:  

I thought they'd be fine with Evans, Gage and Godwin when he's healthy.  This muddles things up.

I don't, he's shown he's a part time player (at best) now physically.  Time share for him at #3, with diminishing share once Godwin is more up to speed.  Just my :2cents: though.      

1 hour ago, Def. said:

I don't, he's shown he's a part time player (at best) now physically.  Time share for him at #3, with diminishing share once Godwin is more up to speed.  Just my :2cents: though.      

Hope you're right.  But it does give Brady yet another weapon... even if his skill level has diminished significantly.

Per Huddle News:

Huddle Up: Jones figures to be the No. 3 receiver in Tampa behind Mike Evans and Chris Godwin, but he could move up in the pecking order if Godwin struggles in his first year back from a torn ACL. As of right now, it's hard to trust Jones as anything more than a WR3, especially after missing 14 games the past two seasons.

#3?  Over Russel Gage?  I call shenanigans.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2022 at 7:04 PM, League_Champion said:

They didn't pay Gage to sit and watch a worn out, old ass Julio Jones. 

Gage just left te practice field with an apparent leg tweak.  Prognosis unknown.

11 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

Twitter tape has not been kind to Julio this week.

Nope, really struggling to get out of his break and gain separation. Can't imagine Gage will be behind him on the depth chart. 

• 1 year later...