[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone still have Long Covid symptoms?

Ramhock

I was fully vaxxed and spent week in hospital, in Oct 2021, due to being diabetic and the disease, the Remdesivir and the steroids increasing your blood sugar.  I never had severe breathing issues or loss of taste or smell.

I still have fatigue, shortness of breath, balance issues and a bit of sporadic brain fog.  I am about 75%.

If I remain like this the rest of my days, it is not the end of the world, but I would like my shat back.

Seems they are just now studying Long Term Covid.

Edited by Ramhock

Sorry to hear Ram. One of my coworkers that had a severe case last year is the same. He says he is easily winded now just doing normal things like walking stairs.

This doesn't really compare,  but it took my wife almost a year for her taste to come back fully. She could taste again after a week,  but things tasted and smelled different for a long time but grafually coming back.  Oddly enough,  the only thing that was really bad was lemon scented products smelled like vomit to her.

6 hours ago, Ramhock said:

I still have fatigue, shortness of breath, balance issues and a bit of sporadic brain fog.  I am about 75%.

Yup, still have it to degree. My neighbor is fully vaxxed and he's in bad shape. It's been a year and a half and he can't breathe, has heart issues, etc. And he ran Iron Man's prior to Covid. The Covid Hangover is real. 

Damn man, wishing you the best.

My wife had some lingering effects (smell/taste being "off") for many months after she had it (February of '21).  From time to time she'll mention it's still a bit "off".  That's about it.

I am borderline diabetic and pretty out of shape TBH, as I haven't been working out in 2+ years (went to the gym for the first time in forever last night). I am pretty sure that if I get it, it will hit me hard.

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Are you taking supplements? 

I have been taking vitamins C & D and fish oil for years.

I appreciate the kind words but was just curious how prevalent this shat is.

Edited by Ramhock

1 hour ago, Ramhock said:

I have been taking vitamins C & D and fish oil for years.

I appreciate the kind words but was just curious how prevalent this shat is.

I'd say that among those that get it and have cases that include the more notable symptoms, it seems to be somewhat common for them to have lingering affects. Still, I know folks that have had it multiple times with no lingering affects.

Unvaxxed and I’ve had it twice (Dec 2020 and Dec 2021).  First bout was a mildly symptomatic 24 hour blip though the loss of taste lasted for about a week.  No lingering effects and infection was confirmed via antibody test.  Second bout (Omicron) lasted a few days and involved fever, chills, and lingering symptoms for about a week.  Right as rain since then.  

40 years old, moderately active, slightly overweight, no health conditions. I lived in the woods and ate a handful of dirt a day as a child.  Maybe a slight exaggeration but I certainly wasn’t raised in a sterile environment and had plenty of opportunities to build up my immune system during developmental years.  It has served me well in adulthood.  Even before COVID I rarely got sick and when I did it was never prolonged and always mild. 

Relying on a vaccine to do the job your God given immune system is supposed to do is a fools errand.  Certainly not saying it does not have applications for immune compromised individuals, those with preexisting conditions, elderly, etc.  It is a personal decision and I’d rather put my faith in myself than a vaccine that diminishes the bodies ability to naturally defend itself.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, herbwildwood said:

Relying on a vaccine to do the job your God given immune system is supposed to do is a fools errand.  Certainly not saying it does not have applications for immune compromised individuals, those with preexisting conditions, elderly, etc.  It is a personal decision and I’d rather put my faith in myself than a vaccine that diminishes the bodies ability to naturally defend itself.  

I'm glad that your immune system has prevented measles, mumps, polio, etc.

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
On 3/22/2022 at 8:20 PM, chester said:

I'm glad that your immune system has prevented measles, mumps, polio, etc.

The topic was Covid.   

If 27,000 vaccines were available, would you get them all?  Would there be some form of decision tree involved?  

This wasnt Measles, Small Pox, or Polio. 

The covid vaccines were oversold and underperformed.  Otherwise healthy people and (especially) kids being forced into the vaccine corral was wrong.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/12/2022 at 11:37 AM, FinishTheDrill said:

The topic was Covid.   

If 27,000 vaccines were available, would you get them all?  Would there be some form of decision tree involved?  

The covid vaccines were oversold and underperformed.  Otherwise healthy people and (especially) kids being forced into the vaccine corral was wrong.   

It's absolutely ridiculous 

6 hours ago, League_Champion said:

It's absolutely ridiculous 

Just one man's opinion. 

• Haha 1

On 6/13/2022 at 11:10 PM, irish said:

Just one man's opinion. 

Not really.  Adults making kids get the covid vaccine(s) is not supported by science. 

Adult, high risk, etc a different story. 

But masking kids under 5 and pushing (thankfully not forcing) vaccinations for the young healthy kids is irresponsible.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Not really.  Adults making kids get the covid vaccine(s) is not supported by science. 

But masking kids under 5 and pushing (thankfully not forcing) vaccinations for the young healthy kids is irresponsible.  

Also, one man's opinion. I'm sure others agree, just not me. 

On 6/12/2022 at 10:37 AM, FinishTheDrill said:

The topic was Covid.   

That is not accurate.  We were putting 30 year olds on ECMO and watching a lot of people die in the ICU with the initial alpha strain.  My friend had it 2 years ago.  He is a former Marine, a ghost of his prior self and on the liver transplant list thanks to the cytokine storm that Covid induced.  We were seeing those issues daily.  After the vaccine became common, the disease severity dropped dramatically.  It doesn't prevent the virus.  It reduces the risk of contracting it and significantly reduces the risk of severe infection.  Covid is somewhat unique in that it can damage almost any organ system in the body.  

On that last note, and to the initial question, I had the alpha variant in Oct 2020.  Before Covid I had a heart rate in th 60's and could run a sustained 8 min mile.  After Covid my heart rate was often in the 100-120 range and when I ran I could hit 190's.  That finally returned to normal after 6 months but I haven't been able to get my sustained pace below the 10 min mark.  Short runs down below a 9 min pace lead to air hunger, which I never experienced before Covid.  Unfortuantely at 48 I'm not sure I'll ever get back to where I once was.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

That is not accurate.  We were putting 30 year olds on ECMO and watching a lot of people die in the ICU with the initial alpha strain.  My friend had it 2 years ago.  He is a former Marine, a ghost of his prior self and on the liver transplant list thanks to the cytokine storm that Covid induced.  We were seeing those issues daily.  After the vaccine became common, the disease severity dropped dramatically.  It doesn't prevent the virus.  It reduces the risk of contracting it and significantly reduces the risk of severe infection.  Covid is somewhat unique in that it can damage almost any organ system in the body.  

Thanks for posting.  Lots of misinformation in this thread.  Including the earlier statement about the vaccine damaging natural immunity. 

On 6/15/2022 at 12:03 PM, 1fastdoc said:

On that last note, and to the initial question, I had the alpha variant in Oct 2020.  Before Covid I had a heart rate in th 60's and could run a sustained 8 min mile.  After Covid my heart rate was often in the 100-120 range and when I ran I could hit 190's.  That finally returned to normal after 6 months but I haven't been able to get my sustained pace below the 10 min mark.  Short runs down below a 9 min pace lead to air hunger, which I never experienced before Covid.  Unfortuantely at 48 I'm not sure I'll ever get back to where I once was.

My HS aged son was told that he couldnt continue in his leadership conference at the local community college if he wasnt vacced and boosted.  Prior he broke course records in XC.  A bit of a rising star.   After he hasnt been the same, constantly sick, and symptoms you describe above wrt conditioning. 

Those who are pushing the covid vacc on healthy kids and especially young kids (sub 10 years old now!) are wrong.  No anecdote you post above changes that.  

Hope you feel better.

• Sad 1

Fighting anecdotes with an anecdote, while being dismissive of anecdotes  in general is an 'interesting' take.  The long term symptoms doc discussed certainly have a scientific and medically supported causation link to the virus itself. There clearly isn't a well supported medical link to the vaccine causing similar long term symptoms.

I hope everyone gets healthy soon.  But I'm certainly putting more weight on the anecdotes from the medical doctor than someone who clearly is motivated to deny blatant evidence of the vax effectiveness.

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2022 at 12:32 PM, LordOpie said:

that sucks!

too many stories like your son!

Has he tried supplements to deal with the symptoms/damage?

LUNGS

• A tea from real pine needles, fennel, star anise and green tea can help. Buy from a quality source. I cannot speak to whatever pine trees might be in your neighborhood and if they're safe.
  • nebulizer with just saline can help heal. he could also research nebulizing glutathione.

BRAIN

• Vitamin B and copper can help with brain fog. NOTE copper and zinc kind of counter-act each other. Don't take them at the same time. If he does copper supplementation long enough, it'll reduce zinc (necessary for immune health) so he'll need to supplement zinc too.

GENERAL

• NAC, glutathione, Coq10, PQQ, etc. can help with overall health and recovery. Vitamin D is good, but no where near as good as just sitting outside in the sun for 30 minutes.
  • low-dose asprin

ADDITIONAL INFO: I-RECOVER: Long COVID Treatment - FLCCC | Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (covid19criticalcare.com)

I'm not a doctor, please research. Also, he might want to speak with a naturopath/nutritionist. Real foods with real nutrition can be more effective than OTC supplements

We havent tried anything other than our ypical flu season vitamins and a very good diet thanks to my better half.  I am reasonab ly familliar with some of what you posted.   Thanks for the input. 

On 6/15/2022 at 9:11 AM, irish said:

Also, one man's opinion. I'm sure others agree, just not me. 

Its not, really.  

I am not speaking to vaccinations nor cov vaccinations for elderly or those with pre-existing conditions.  I am specifically speaking to (and stated such) strongly encouraging and attempts at mandating vaccinations for little kids who are otherwise healthy.  The science supporting it is at best extremely tenuous.   

On 6/20/2022 at 10:49 AM, stevegrab said:

I'm curious, what was that last anecdote supposed to tell us? That getting the vaccine is just as dangerous as getting COVID? And that other anecdotes don't matter? 

Lots of anecdotes.  I added one. 

On 6/20/2022 at 12:40 PM, Bobby Brown said:

Fighting anecdotes with an anecdote, while being dismissive of anecdotes  in general is an 'interesting' take. 

It's an off topic a message board on a FF website.    Hop down from the high horse champ. 

On 6/20/2022 at 12:40 PM, Bobby Brown said:

The long term symptoms doc discussed certainly have a scientific and medically supported causation link to the virus itself. There clearly isn't a well supported medical link to the vaccine causing similar long term symptoms.

I hope everyone gets healthy soon.  But I'm certainly putting more weight on the anecdotes from the medical doctor than someone who clearly is motivated to deny blatant evidence of the vax effectiveness.

Perhaps the Dr Bobby could assist and show us the long term safety of the covid vacc on 4 year olds, and then the studies done on the same age group illustrating the huge decrease in mortalities due to covid.  

Healthy kids.  4 years old.  

Go. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

covid vacc on 4 year olds

I made no mention of 4 year olds and your 'anecdote' mentioned a college aged kid.  And what I actually said is valid.

Better luck assigning an imaginary opinion to someone else to argue against 

Go. 😀 

On 6/15/2022 at 6:35 AM, FinishTheDrill said:

On 6/22/2022 at 12:37 PM, Bobby Brown said:

I made no mention of 4 year olds and your 'anecdote' mentioned a college aged kid.  And what I actually said is valid.

Better luck assigning an imaginary opinion to someone else to argue against 

Go. 😀 

I did.  It's clearly what I was talking about.  

The second set of posts was regarding anecdote, since others were sharing. 

I dont move goalposts.  Mainly because I am not on a side or a team.  

I dont come here to argue.  

• Like 1