[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rookie drafts

millworkguy

So I got an email this morning from a site I used to read more often, and an author there put together their 1st round, anyone else see something as wild as this:

1 Walker

2 Hall

Tier break

3 Williams

4 London 

5 Burks

6 Wilson 

7 Olave

Tier break

8 Moore

9 Dotson

10 Cook

11 Pickens

12 Watson 

I love playing against owners who stick by simplistic absolutes. 

League rules and lineup requirements can play a huge part in what positions are over/under valued.  The biggest downfall for RBs in dynasty, IMO, is they don't tend to play as long as other positional players.  However, positional value still applies to RBs, and in the present day - getting a workhorse RB is more valuable than it was 5 years ago.  

I drafted Derrick Henry in the 2016 rookie draft and Corey Coleman went before him.  The RB wasn't the overvalued guy.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Henry Muto said:

Player FM - Internet Radio Done Right

At 49 min mark this guy says MIcahel Carter is a better prospect than Hall was.  Also said Hall will tumble down people's boards because he landed with Jets.

Not their 1.01 anymore.

He's crazy, Michael Carter could never be a true #1. He's just too small and limited. Breece Hall is a full 3 down back that can do just about anything. He'll be the lead back and Carter will be the change of pace guy. That's what I see happening. 

5 hours ago, millworkguy said:

So I got an email this morning from a site I used to read more often, and an author there put together their 1st round, anyone else see something as wild as this:

1 Walker

2 Hall

Tier break

3 Williams

4 London 

5 Burks

6 Wilson 

7 Olave

Tier break

8 Moore

9 Dotson

10 Cook

11 Pickens

12 Watson 

I got the same email, I had a number of questions about this list.

3 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

I love playing against owners who stick by simplistic absolutes. 

League rules and lineup requirements can play a huge part in what positions are over/under valued.  The biggest downfall for RBs in dynasty, IMO, is they don't tend to play as long as other positional players.  However, positional value still applies to RBs, and in the present day - getting a workhorse RB is more valuable than it was 5 years ago.  

I drafted Derrick Henry in the 2016 rookie draft and Corey Coleman went before him.  The RB wasn't the overvalued guy.  

Electricrelish got Derrick Henry at 1.14 in a draft in 2016 the follow WR's went before him.

1.02 Corey Coleman

1.03 Laquon Treadwell

1.04 Josh Doctson

1.05 Sterling Shepard

1.06 Michael Thomas

1.07 Tyler Boyd

Drafts are like a box of chocolates you just never know what you will get.

When I first joined the huddle in 2007 I had a saying what was it......oh ya draft the players that score the most pts.

That is how you win.  Draft the best players regardless of position and you win.

I haven't posted on the Huddle Boards for years, but the names and faces are still the same. I'd offer my opinions, but I forgot what they were. And Henry, don't remind me of passing up Micheal Thomas in Ages, despite a lot of buzz in camp, and selecting fantasy sites' favorite LaQuon Treadwell.

7 hours ago, Henry Muto said:

Electricrelish got Derrick Henry at 1.14 in a draft in 2016 the follow WR's went before him.

1.02 Corey Coleman

1.03 Laquon Treadwell

1.04 Josh Doctson

1.05 Sterling Shepard

1.06 Michael Thomas

1.07 Tyler Boyd

Drafts are like a box of chocolates you just never know what you will get.

When I first joined the huddle in 2007 I had a saying what was it......oh ya draft the players that score the most pts.

That is how you win.  Draft the best players regardless of position and you win.

Word up.  I see one WR who'd you want above Henry - and that's debatable.  

Plus, Opie was downplaying Jamarr Chase going early last year before he decided RBs were overvalued....something about rookie WRs not being valuable, Cincy setting themselves back for drafting him, and Drew Sample catching more passes. 

I want to play in a league with Opie.  Seems profitable. :)

I'm enjoying the lack of consensus in this draft.  I have picks 8 and 9 in 1 league and think that I'll get my pick of Watson/moore/pierce.   I was offered 5 the other day, and I just don't see the value of moving both picks to make it happen in a draft with so many different views on tiers. 

19 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

You see Mack as a threat? I don't see it but could be wrong. Perce is a beast. 

Pierce needs a lot of work in the pass game if he's going to become an every-down-back or even the 1a in a 2-back system.

• Like 1