[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Thomas

rajncajn

19 minutes ago, 1fastdoc said:

He's 29 years old and has become a risk.  I think his only chance to play with the Saints next year for that kind of money is to prove he can this year.  O/w he's going to follow in the footsteps of so many other 30 year old WR's and go work for a random team on a prove-you're-worth-it contract.

His salary cap numbers in the future are pretty big, even release/trade is going to be a big hit. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/michael-thomas-18996/

14 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I completely agree. While still talented he's a liability at this point. He just can't stay on the field and it doesn't get better with age. 

They'll shut him down soon and he'll miss another half a season. 

The shame with him is that his situation could likely have been avoided.  I don't know the exact story but I suspect he didn't like the initial advice for surgery a couple years ago so he got another opinion that sounded more palatable, i.e. wait and it may heal on its own.  We see it often.  Then the patient comes back with worse issues that are much harder to treat.  From a WR age standpoint, this should be his peak year.  My guess is he'll be a spotty WR3 for the next 2 years then retire.

2 hours ago, 1fastdoc said:

He's 29 years old and has become a risk.  I think his only chance to play with the Saints next year for that kind of money is to prove he can this year.  O/w he's going to follow in the footsteps of so many other 30 year old WR's and go work for a random team on a prove-you're-worth-it contract.

His cap numbers prevent him from playing anywhere else. The dead money is just too great.

13 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

It's crazy, I got mocked and laughed at in a different Michael Thomas thread because I warned everyone this was coming.  I wonder if anyone remembers?? Probably not. 

Probably because no one really cares. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Of course not, because I was right. Keep mocking me Rajn. 

Was it me? :lol:

You'll have to be more specific. If I mocked or laughed at you about Michael Thomas, then I really don't remember it. 

Edited by rajncajn

Any early thoughts on MT's chance to play this week? Hmm its MNF for the Saints, so it its a late scratch may be too late to make a change. 

I need him with others on bye (Cooper, Jeudy, Gallup, Wan'Dale) and don't really want to release any of them to make room. Its a keeper league but not sure he has much ROS value let along long term. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Any early thoughts on MT's chance to play this week? Hmm its MNF for the Saints, so it its a late scratch may be too late to make a change. 

I need him with others on bye (Cooper, Jeudy, Gallup, Wan'Dale) and don't really want to release any of them to make room. Its a keeper league but not sure he has much ROS value let along long term. 

The Saints are being very quiet regarding his "injury". It's probably going to be a wait and see thing. 

18 hours ago, League_Champion said:

No, he has no interest in playing football, it's pretty clear. 

I honestly think he would have been more inclined to play if Brees was still under center and he could be a star.  Without a stellar QB, he'll be decent at best and I doubt his ego can handle that.

If you can say injury is a way for someone to benefit in any way for a team then Chris Olave has every opportunity to benefit from this. He needs to be the guy to step up and be the play maker or this team is going to fall off the radar quickly. I understand they have Alvin Kamara and he still needs to do his thing, but Olave really needs to take this step and grab a hold of this opportunity. He is young and definitely has the talent to be that go to guy as a receiver.