[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts fire HC Reich

Big John

10 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Hard not to see this as anything but full tank. I doubt the coach would say a player is not going to play again this year. Ehrlinger is not anywhere near ready to be a NFL QB, the whole situation is a bit strange. But idk, maybe it was Reich's decision, I just don't recall many coaches saying a QB will never play again when he has a guy who clearly isn't ready as a backup. 

Wasnt it the contract / owners?  17 million guarantee if he gets injured playing this year or some such?  I know I have this wrong, but something to that effect.  The owners were basically saying any short term gains werent worth the long term (next season) $$ hit in the event of an injury.   I dont recall exactly, but this was the gist of it. 

B/U clearly not ready.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DMD said:

Now who is going to dredge up a new aging QB next year?

Can’t wait to see them bring in Joe Flacco or Andy Dalton next year. 

Edited by Trojanmojo

5 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Wasnt it the contract / owners?  17 million guarantee if he gets injured playing this year or some such?  I know I have this wrong, but something to that effect.  The owners were basically saying any short term gains werent worth the long term (next season) $$ hit in the event of an injury.   I dont recall exactly, but this was the gist of it. 

B/U clearly not ready.  

Yes, they won't say it, but the injury guarantee seems to be the major reason they aren't going to play him. And since he has no future why bother, except that it is basically tanking to not play him, which usually bothers the coach and players, and maybe fans to a degree, although I don't know how Colts fans feel about it. To get Bryce Young or CJ Stroud you are going to need to be 1 or 2 likely 

6 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Yes, they won't say it, but the injury guarantee seems to be the major reason they aren't going to play him. And since he has no future why bother, except that it is basically tanking to not play him, which usually bothers the coach and players, and maybe fans to a degree, although I don't know how Colts fans feel about it. To get Bryce Young or CJ Stroud you are going to need to be 1 or 2 likely 

I'd love to be a fly on the wall...owners vs coaches.  "You are done".   "he aint ready".     "so what".  "WTF!?"

8 hours ago, Big John said:

per Scheffler.

Why isn't LaFleur on the hot seat?

Is that how Packers fans feel? Those INT's on Rodgers yesterday were squarely his fault, it seems more like a personnel and player issue more than coach to me. I guess I would try to more creatively use A. Jones would be my major criticism, but didn't realize people had soured that much on LaFleur 

On blowhard in the sports media telling another to shut up, that's funny. McAfee clearly has ties to the Colts team and since they won he can act like it was a great decision. 

They should all shut up, or fans can just tune them out. My brother was bitching about what Cowher was saying about Saturday and he thought it was wrong. I told him "turn the channel or mute marble mouth". 

Below is from the linked McAfee article, ah yes the host that naturally says F off is better, more entertaining (I doubt the other guys get away with that comment on their more mainstream programs) 

It’s weird, when I watched Thomas’s segment from GMFB, it felt forced and over the top and not completely honest. Meanwhile, McAfee is telling people to F off, and it feels totally natural and honest.

That’s the sign of a great host.

• Haha 1

Irrespective of media blowhards going at it, I think the Saturday hire is overblown a bit. A lot of NFL types don't like it because it upends tradition. You need to do X, Y, and Z and then you can be HC. And instead Saturday was essentially gifted the job with little HC experience. So what honestly, it's Irsay's team. And Saturday is not a nobody. He played for the team, was one of their best all-time players, smart, and was a consultant for years for the team. He knows the personnel. And Irsay likes him and it is an interim basis. Also, Saturday could still suck, he only coached one game, not much time for adversity. I think most take issue with it because they have been toiling for years in the NFL with certain expectations, and this made it feel not worth it. I mean, it sucks, but that's life. If you really thought it was dumb, then you shouldn't be so defensive about it, because Saturday will certainly fail. The fact they are this bothered indicates they are worried he will succeed. 

At first I thought the Ryan benching for the season and the Saturday hire was a full tank, but I think it was more complicated than that. Irsay has always been a little unconventional and hands on anyway. A little Jerry Jones like. 

Edited by purplemonster
  • Like 1