[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts fire HC Reich

Big John

5 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Maybe  he's going to bring a vintage Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison and Edgerrin James with him.

No NFL coaching experience sounds like a recipe for immediate success. 

Well, they call it interim for a reason. I’d be shocked if Saturday is the guy after this year. After all, what does it really hurt for him to have no experience THIS year?  While I’m of the mindset that coaches and players generally don’t tank, I think owners have no problem doing so in the right situation. Discretely. What better way to do so than by putting a guy in charge who is very unlikely to turn things around in terms of wins and losses, but might do a decent job of boosting the team moral a bit. Saturday seems like the perfect guy for that. 🤷‍♂️

33 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Well, they call it interim for a reason. I’d be shocked if Saturday is the guy after this year. After all, what does it really hurt for him to have no experience THIS year?  While I’m of the mindset that coaches and players generally don’t tank, I think owners have no problem doing so in the right situation. Discretely. What better way to do so than by putting a guy in charge who is very unlikely to turn things around in terms of wins and losses, but might do a decent job of boosting the team moral a bit. Saturday seems like the perfect guy for that. 🤷‍♂️

Its not very discrete if fantasy football players are talking about it hours after it happened.

Maybe its the plan, maybe it works. My point still stands, somebody with no coaching experience is not qualified to be a head coach. 

Just now, stevegrab said:

Its not very discrete if fantasy football players are talking about it hours after it happened.

Maybe its the plan, maybe it works. My point still stands, somebody with no coaching experience is not qualified to be a head coach. 

He's served as a "consultant" to the team and coached HS.  :lol: 

5 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

And this isn’t the first time an interim HC arguably wasn’t qualified to be a HC.  That’s all I’m saying.  

3 hours ago, gilthorp said:

I don't recall Reich being the guy who made the push for Matt Ryan, did he? Perhaps he was the one that made sure that piece of crap Sam Ehlinger was put on the roster as well. 

No - but he did make a STRONG push for Wentz last year..  :shrug:

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I didn't realize that he coached High School football, that really changes everything. 😊

Hmmm.  Not much.  However, I'd take an experienced HS coach over 97% of armchair hero's who's most recent experience is 3rd string 8th grade D tackle and fantasy football.   

Not that I approve of or really give. arats ass regarding the interim appointment choice, but i'd wager a nickel a lot of guys on here who criticize it havent coached beyond rec little league. 

• Confused 1

Hard not to see this as anything but full tank. I doubt the coach would say a player is not going to play again this year. Ehrlinger is not anywhere near ready to be a NFL QB, the whole situation is a bit strange. But idk, maybe it was Reich's decision, I just don't recall many coaches saying a QB will never play again when he has a guy who clearly isn't ready as a backup.