[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

3/6 rumor: Carr to Saints?

Dcat

21 hours ago, darin3 said:

Had to Google :bag: 

I didn't get it right away either, wasn't sure what a guy's birthday had to do with other stuff, then remembered Falcons blowing that 3rd and 28 play. I doubt Carr is the only one of the approx 1600 NFL players to have that birthday. I also doubt anybody on the Falcons cares. 

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I didn't get it right away either, wasn't sure what a guy's birthday had to do with other stuff, then remembered Falcons blowing that 3rd and 28 play. I doubt Carr is the only one of the approx 1600 NFL players to have that birthday. I also doubt anybody on the Falcons cares. 

Maybe I should have included a video of a mentally handicapped kid to make it funny. :kicksrock:

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, stevegrab said:

This is different than picking a specific date but an interesting statistic is if you have 23 people in a room there is a 50% chance two will have the same birthday. 

More fun facts, in the US the most common month for births is Sept. (Hanky panky around Xmas or Xxxmas time?) And the dates with the least number of births is Dec 24, 25, and Jan 1st, since people can plan their births. 

https://thedailyviz.com/2016/09/17/how-common-is-your-birthday-dailyviz/

• Like 1

15 hours ago, purplemonster said:

This is different than picking a specific date but an interesting statistic is if you have 23 people in a room there is a 50% chance two will have the same birthday. 

More fun facts, in the US the most common month for births is Sept. (Hanky panky around Xmas or Xxxmas time?) And the dates with the least number of births is Dec 24, 25, and Jan 1st, since people can plan their births. 

https://thedailyviz.com/2016/09/17/how-common-is-your-birthday-dailyviz/

I'm from a big family, 6 siblings, between us 7 and our parents nobody was more than about 10 days from somebody else's birthday (with 5 of us clustered in just about 2.5 weeks late Nov to early Dec). 

Also used to work with somebody who had the same birthday as me, we had around 25 employees at the time.

28 minutes ago, Big John said:

"recent progress" in pursuing a new contract.

Of course!

10 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I'm from a big family, 6 siblings, between us 7 and our parents nobody was more than about 10 days from somebody else's birthday (with 5 of us clustered in just about 2.5 weeks late Nov to early Dec). 

Also used to work with somebody who had the same birthday as me, we had around 25 employees at the time.

My daughter and sister both have the same birthday and my niece and nephew (different siblings) both have the same birthday.

This is a pay site,  but I'm sharing the link anyway.  This is one of THE best sites for Saints info and insight. In one of their latest podcasts it was stated that Carr was offered more money to go to the Jets, but opted with the Saints because he was their first choice. 

https://neworleans.football/members-only-breaking-down-the-value-of-derek-carrs-contract/

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Carr was offered more money to go to the Jets, but opted with the Saints because he was their first choice. 

I'm sure there were a bunch of other factors like the prospect of playing in a dome, the tough NY media, the pressure of NY, etc. He's a pretty sensitive dude, I bet he wanted no part of that. 

• Sad 2