[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

3/6 rumor: Carr to Saints?

Dcat

Great signing!  Michael Thomas feel like playing?  

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Shaft said:

As a dynasty owner for Olave and Juwan Johnson, I like this. 👍🏾 

Also have Olave and also still holding Thomas.  At least this may give them some more consistent production, probably more for Olave. Not sure Carr has much more deep ball left in him.

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

Who Dat?

Gotta say, I'm pretty damn happy with this!

Only problem with that tweet is David Carr is too old to play these days. I think they should look at his brother Derek. He’d be a decent addition to their team.

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Sunday Couch Potatoe said:

Only problem with that tweet is David Carr is too old to play these days. I think they should look at his brother Derek. He’d be a decent addition to their team.

They were making fun of Mike Garofalo on Good Morning Football for that slip. Not sure if I've made the mistake, but I have to think about it every time I write his name.

Good job by the Saints. Still a lot of dominoes to fall, with Rodgers, Lamar, and the various QB openings that remain. My brother in LA was telling me he was hearing a lot of talk about Rodgers to Vegas, and having recently bought a home in the area. It would be nice as an Adams owner to see him reunited with Rodgers. 

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Good job by the Saints. Still a lot of dominoes to fall, with Rodgers, Lamar, and the various QB openings that remain. My brother in LA was telling me he was hearing a lot of talk about Rodgers to Vegas, and having recently bought a home in the area. It would be nice as an Adams owner to see him reunited with Rodgers. 

Vegas is a good place for him if he doesn't really care about things like winning or a playing for a functional franchise. I think the only serious contenders here now are the Jets and now possibly Carolina. But Carolina is still in rebuild mode, so I don't believe they will go that route. It wouldn't surprise me to see them try to move up from 1.9 and get Stroud and if either Houston or Indy get Jimmy G I'm betting that's exactly what happens with one of those two trading down with Carolina.

I think the only way Rodgers ends up in LV is if the Jets try to play hardball with Green Bay. Green Bay is going to want a trade partner who is going to absorb some of that cap hit. Jets now have little choice.

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Pretty much market value

In pure $$...but years guaranteed might be the bigger deal.  Not sure how all those guys compare...Tannehill had 3 years guaranteed at $90 a couple years ago and there is buzz about him being cut.  You would expect salaries to go up over time, so the market for 'good' QBs may actually be cooling a bit.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Shaft said:

@rajncajn any gossip on where Winston may land? I hope not the Colts, where QBs go to die.

There's actually gossip about him possibly taking a pay cut to stay with New Orleans and Dalton being the odd man out. I just don't really see that, but I didn't think we'd get Carr either. I also think Dalton is a perfect backup to Carr.

Honestly, I don't think Winston will start wherever he goes, but he could fall into a situation where he is an option at some point in the season. Tampa is going to fit that profile, but I don't think he'll ever be brought back there. Atlanta is also an option & would be just like the Failcons to sign him just to get insight on the Saints. The Raiders & Texans also fit that profile, but I'm certain the Texans are drafting a starter, so my money is on Vegas. Dark horse candidate is Bobby's Seahawks. He'd be a pretty good insurance policy for Geno.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Thanks 1