[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Landing Spot for....

darin3

Lots of speculation for certain players landing with certain teams.  Let's talk about their best FANTASY landing spots.

I'll start:

Bijan Robinson

Speculation that he's going to the Eagles, maybe the Lions or Chargers?  I am on the fence with him pairing up with Jalen Hurts.  That's a lot of vultured TDs by the QB.  But Bijan in that offense could be slick.  He'd catch a good number of balls out of the backfield but like I said, the TD potential could be limited.  Lions?  I don't like it.  He'd be in a timeshare with Swift and both can catch the ball.  Now, if he goes to the Bolts one could surmise that Ekeler would be traded, in which case Bijan would instantly become a RB1 in fantasy.

As a UT fan and Bijan owner in a Devy league, I'm hoping that the Bolts are able to get him at #21 or move up to ensure they get him.

How about...

Anthony Richardson

I'll say Seattle.  Or maybe Colts.  With Seattle he'll have a year to learn under Geno Smith.  With Indy it'd be Gardner Minshew but would probably be rushed onto the field faster than in Seattle.  For Indy though you have a HC who knows how to utilize this type of QB.

This guy is gonna be a fantasy god.... part Cam Newton, part Jalen Hurts, part Lamar Jackson.

If Bijan goes to the Eagles, Hurts' days getting GL carries are the thing that will be limited as they'll be running Big B up in there.  Bijan going to the Chargers would be ideal if Ekeler is traded. 

It's hard to recall any recent rookie that has generated more hype and hope than Bijan Robinson. He is a trending topic on Twitter almost daily. I half expect a team to move up to get him but it's really hard to wade through all the conjecture and opinion to see where he will be taken. The Cowboys also want and need him. The Falcons are another spot where he is a perfect fit for what Arthur Smith wants and had when he was the OC in TEN with Derrick Henry.  RBs are certainly devalued now, but mostly for their second contract that rarely goes well. Get a rookie RB and run him ragged for far less money makes some sense.

23 hours ago, darin3 said:

How about...

Anthony Richardson

I'll say Seattle.  Or maybe Colts.  With Seattle he'll have a year to learn under Geno Smith.  With Indy it'd be Gardner Minshew but would probably be rushed onto the field faster than in Seattle.  For Indy though you have a HC who knows how to utilize this type of QB.

This guy is gonna be a fantasy god.... part Cam Newton, part Jalen Hurts, part Lamar Jackson.

Could there be a surprise and Richardson goes to the Texans at #2?!  He is more polished as a pocket passer than I think he's being given credit for and I think the natural ability and traits that he possesses are worth the risk. Therefore, I agree with you that, him being cyborg-ish, a mix of Newton, Hurts, and Jackson will make him a fantasy god.  

Other possible landing spots : Titans, Colts, Seahawks.

51 minutes ago, irish said:

Could there be a surprise and Richardson goes to the Texans at #2?!  He is more polished as a pocket passer than I think he's being given credit for and I think the natural ability and traits that he possesses are worth the risk. Therefore, I agree with you that, him being cyborg-ish, a mix of Newton, Hurts, and Jackson will make him a fantasy god.  

The Texans have to be smart.  They have holes everywhere and "should" probably go with the "safe and smart" pick in Stroud.  But I actually wouldn't be too shocked if they swung for the fences with Richardson.

I could see the Titans too; I know they've been shopping Tannehill and even though they spent a 3rd on Willis last year, it's pretty evident that he's a project.  So is Richardson, but the oozing upside may be too much to ignore.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shaft said:

There's a lot of buzz about Stroud and his low S2 score. Will Levis is also gaining momentum, I think he can make it in the league if he improves his field vision. 

To me,  that seems like one of the most difficult transitions for rookies. The speed at which plays, which are typically much more complex, develop and the ability to see and process that in an instant. I think that's one of the biggest reasons so many top level QBs ultimately don't pan out.

4 hours ago, Shaft said:

:lol: Well, it's perpetuated everywhere and it may be impacting his draft capital, but we'll find out soon.

Yeah I doubt any NFL scouts are getting their information from you, besides the post link says only that some results that were leaked were not correct, not which ones, not Stroud specifically. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, irish said:

That would be nuts. The Texans really need a QB. They should take a high value position there. If not a QB, then an edge (Anderson) or corner (Witherspoon). 

24 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

If I am Houston, I hold back 1 year for their QB. Anderson and WR would be the route to go this year, or Edge and DL, or Edge and CB.

There'll be riots of Davis Mills is running the show again.  They kind of have to find something to look at this year.