[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First NFL Coach Fired

gijoerock

On 9/20/2023 at 2:54 PM, Big John said:

Bears DC Allen Williams resigned for "personal reasons".  There are rumors of some serious charges against him, but they are still rumors so i won't say what they are.

what are the rumors? 

anyone have a guess why the rumors are not spreading for this guy, yet for just about anyone else, not just sports, the rumors would be out there?

22 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

what are the rumors? 

anyone have a guess why the rumors are not spreading for this guy, yet for just about anyone else, not just sports, the rumors would be out there?

Yes, rumors really getting squashed by media.  You haveto actually dig quite a but to find them. 

Which is peculiar, since media outlets have shirked actual fact checking so much so often as of late. 

Interesting.  Hopefully they are untrue and this is the rare case of media doing the right thing.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gijoerock said:

Time to reignite this conversation. I think Sean Payton ranks 1st with Brandon Staley in a close second. Chicago Bears is definitely disfunctional. Zac Taylor's seat is warming up if the Bengals lose 2 consecutive games in a row. 

I don't know how many people saw this but in the Viking game Staley went for it on 4th and one on his own 24 yard line? With like 2 minutes left. And didn't get it and the Vikings had the ball at the six yard line and made some real bonehead clock decisions otherwise they would have had three shots to the end zone from the six yard line. He may have won that game but looked pretty bad in the process. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gijoerock said:

I watched it along with a few other decisions made this week. The Jets must be salary capped out of cash if they plan to stick with Zach Wilson. 

Jets have $8.2M cap space, Broncos are the team up against the cap with $3,682 cap space.  https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

1 hour ago, gijoerock said:

Just enough to request a trade for Jacoby Brissett.Screenshot_20230925-163946_Chrome.thumb.jpg.870e4b888a549cb7c0427e8b5f824b87.jpg

ZW is really bad, its not getting better, and now he's actually regressing in a lot of ways.   2 more losses and it'll be mutiny again.  Mngmnt needs to step in an do the right thing, for the program and honestly, for ZW.   He's becoming a meme before our eyes.

One can do a LOT worse than JB.  I hadnt thought of him, but honestly, not a terrible idea.  

• Like 1