[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First NFL Coach Fired

gijoerock

According to local reports, there is zero chance the Chargers hire BB as they don't have the $$ to pay him the $20-25M per year he would demand.  They will likely hire someone younger/cheaper.  Granted, just about anybody would be younger, so that doesn't really narrow it down much.  Two names that were thrown out (purely speculative) were Dallas OC DC Dan Quinn and Detroit OC Ben Johnson.  

Edited by Gopher

13 minutes ago, Gopher said:

According to local reports, there is zero chance the Chargers hire BB as they don't have the $$ to pay him the $20-25M per year he would demand.  They will likely hire someone younger/cheaper.  Granted, just about anybody would be younger, so that doesn't really narrow it down much.  Two names that were thrown out (purely speculative) were Dallas OC DC Dan Quinn and Detroit OC Ben Johnson.  

Yes, please. No BB or his crony McDaniel.

Harbaugh back to California??

Edited by Yoyo

4 hours ago, Gopher said:

Well...I hear he is vaccinated, and believes in the jab, so certain franchises will stay away from him. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

• 4 weeks later...

Ron Rivera was also fired.

Reading an article now saying the Eagles coach Nick Siriani should be fired. No doubt the Giants have had a rough 2nd half of the season. Start 10-1 then lose 5 of the last 6. I suppose it could happen, I can remember a few coaches fired after success including playoffs (Reid, Schottenheimer, McCarthy). I guess the Eagles kind of gave up after DAL went up 21-10 while they trailed 24-0.

I believe that is 5 openings now, somebody on a pregame show said there could be as many as 10. 

CAR, LAC, WAS, LVR, ATL 

Others that could happen CHI, NE, TEN

Some on hot seat confirmed as returning NYJ, 

I heard some rumor the other day about Vrabel being a top candidate to replace Belichek, also that NE has already decided to move on. 

43 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I believe that is 5 openings now, somebody on a pregame show said there could be as many as 10. 

CAR, LAC, WAS, LVR, ATL 

Others that could happen CHI, NE, TEN

Some on hot seat confirmed as returning NYJ, 

I heard some rumor the other day about Vrabel being a top candidate to replace Belichek, also that NE has already decided to move on. 

I'm afraid we'll lose Vrabel although I don't think the problems are his fault.  We've continued to draft poorly.  They seem to like guys with lots of potential and a red flag or two that allows them to get guys cheaper (not just in the QB position). 

I think if we actually got a QB who could read a defense and control his arm we'd be back in the playoffs.  Replacing Vrabel will just keep us in mediocrity longer.

2 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

ATL HC is gone. Hopefully this will translate into better FF numbers because that offense is more talented than the numbers suggest

Bet he blames the Saints for scoring on him. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, michaeljordan ca said:

Yeah that's surprising. I didn't even really know he was on the hot seat. The Titans seem undertalented, I tend to doubt the problems were really stemming from Vrabel. They don't have reliably good QB play, don't have very good receivers, and are relying on an old school ground and pound RB without much threat of passing. 

Vrabel was a good coach and will get another job. There was talk already that the Patriots would be looking to poach him from the Titans. The team had 4 straight winning seasons and 3 playoffs, going to the AFC title game in his 2nd season after he was hired. Then came the meltdown, mostly on offense as they only scored about 300 points, versus over 400 in 2019-21 (491 in 2020). They were around minus 60 in point differential. They had mediocre QB play including rookie Willis in 2022, then  high draft pick Levis in 2023 who was also not great to start. Tannehill and others in mop up duty. An aging Henry and a few other older weapons. 

30 minutes ago, Def. said:

Bears gonna Bear apparently...

The cycle of suck continues.

I don't see how they spend the 1.01 pick on a generational QB without the best coaches they can get. They'll ruin Caleb

Or will they trade down... And then do what?

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Vrabel was a good coach and will get another job. There was talk already that the Patriots would be looking to poach him from the Titans. The team had 4 straight winning seasons and 3 playoffs, going to the AFC title game in his 2nd season after he was hired. Then came the meltdown, mostly on offense as they only scored about 300 points, versus over 400 in 2019-21 (491 in 2020). They were around minus 60 in point differential. They had mediocre QB play including rookie Willis in 2022, then  high draft pick Levis in 2023 who was also not great to start. Tannehill and others in mop up duty. An aging Henry and a few other older weapons. 

Agreed.  This isn't on Vrabel, it's on Amy Adams Strunk.  I swear her goal is to create a situation where they get to the playoffs to keep ticket sales up but don't spend the money on enough talent to go any further.  Canning the GM Robinson was a mistake.  Now Vrabel, mistake.  At least they're not as talent rich and win poor as the sorry Falcons.  

Maybe Levis will turn out to be a great QB but we really haven't had one that can read and pick apart a defense since McNair.  

More consistent mediocrity here we come.

Sorry to see Vrabel go, as is the entire team apparently.  But he'll do better elsewhere if he has better owner and GM support.  

Edited by 1fastdoc

9 minutes ago, TripleW64 said:

Carroll and the Hawks agree to go separate ways as far as head coach goes.

I think people overlook the fact that Carroll is 72! He had a good run.

2 hours ago, TripleW64 said:

Carroll and the Hawks agree to go separate ways as far as head coach goes.

I think he's taking on a front office position within the organization though. At least that's what I heard. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, michaeljordan ca said:

6 Super Bowl wins and 9 super bowl appearances in 24 years.....not bad. Can you imagine essentially a SB appearance almost every other year for 20+ years. Those NE fans must be spoiled. 

• Thanks 1