[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should Josh Allen for Tony Pollard be vetoed?

BleednGreen

I traded Allen/Sanders for Pollard and it was vetoed. Pollard "isn't a star". Same league let Chase go for ETN after week 2. I'm 3-1 with AR5 on the bench. Pollard owner is 1-3 with Russell Wilson and Dak. 12 team PPR. Told them I would go find a forum and ask how ridiculous this is and get back to them.

Edited by BleednGreen
added something

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Not a fan of any veto unless a team is obviously trying to tank or collude.

Not an outrageous trade and flip a coin to see who gets more benefit. No veto. Pollard "not a star"? Probably selected before Allen.

Not that it matters, but was this a league wide veto or a commissioner veto? If it was league wide I would say collusion on the veto, if commissioner veto than jealous and probably wants to try and trade for Allen or Pollard for himself. 

Edited by Yoyo

5 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Oh I see you said that now, I missed it. Not up to date on my nicknames for him 

I had a feeling that may be who AR5 is, but a web search sure didn't help confirm it. I may be in the minority in not being a college football fan, so I don't get exposed to these names for several years before these guys enter the NFL.

As for vetoing the trade, nope no legit reason for that. Like somebody else why play in a league that allows the other owners to say "nope we don't like that trade so we veto it".  If the trade makes both teams better why should the other owners ever allow it? 

Stupid.  That said, different leagues have different views on how trades should be handled.  Unfortunately, some leagues are set up in such a way that trades don't happen  unless everyone agrees that it's "fair."  Which is so silly, as value totally depends on the eye of the beholder, so to speak. Everybody values each player/piece differently, and who is one person to say that someone else's values are wrong?  Lame.  

Personally, as long as both sides are getting SOMETHING of value, I feel like a trade is a trade.  Of course, "something" could mean a lot of things, and I've seen a lot of pretty lopsided trades happen. But that's still better than the alternative, which is having a commissioner babysit the league with their veto power, or worse yet, having leagues vote on whether a trade should be permitted, and allowing 2-3 owners to shoot down a trade.  

All of THAT said, I also think there's a difference between dynasty, keeper leagues, and just straight redraft.  In dynasty, pretty much anything flies.  Unless, again, one side is getting NOTHING of value.  In redraft, I think it's reasonable to be a bit more critical.  First, teams out of the playoff hunt shouldn't be trading, period.  And, if it's set up right, I don't have a problem with a process where someone can object to a trade, put it to a vote, and let the league decide.  But, in that situation, I think the rules should be set up so that the trade stands unless the overwhelming majority feels it's a bad trade.  Because, yeah, bad trades can ruin a redraft league in a hurry.  Especially when you're playing with others who are friends/family, etc. But, it shouldn't be a situation where 1-2 people can veto something.  In a 12-team league, for example, I would require that 75% must agree that it's a rotten deal for it to be shot down.  

Lastly, if all else fails, find another league.  Bad rules can ruin fantasy, as can bad owners.  If the league sucks, either fix it or move on.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BleednGreen said:

I traded Allen/Sanders for Pollard and it was vetoed. Pollard "isn't a star". Same league let Chase go for ETN after week 2. I'm 3-1 with AR5 on the bench. Pollard owner is 1-3 with Russell Wilson and Dak. 12 team PPR. Told them I would go find a forum and ask how ridiculous this is and get back to them.

total B.S.  When both parties have reasonable explanations for their action, then it has to be left alone.  Even if a few GMs "believe" it was overly one-sided, it's too bad for them unless they can prove collusion.  I'd be exiting that dopey league after the season.  I hate leagues with narcissitic GMs that think their opinion is the only opinion.  Sounds like what you've got there. 

• Like 1