[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 15 MNF - whatcha need to advance?

darin3

Hope everyone's teams blew up this past weekend!  Lots of question marks going into MNF this week with both teams' QBs questionable.  Their respective WRs would certainly be affected if they were deemed out.  For me, I'm heavily invested... with Hurts, DK and Devonta Smith on teams where things are still up in the air.

In @Gopher's Guillotine league, I am 20 points ahead of the last place team, and I have DK and Devonta Smith.  He has A.J. Brown.  I *should* be OK here.

In a 12-team redraft, I'm in the consolation bracket against @irish and down a healthy 37ish points.  I do have Jalen Hurts and D'Andre Swift, though.  He has Lockett and Goedert so I'm probably OUT here.  Oh well.

In a 12-team IDP dynasty/superflex, I'm down 21 points and have Bobby Wagner.  I'll need more than just tackles from him in order to escape here.

I'm up 17 points in ATAP against @ptheoret, but here's the rub... I only have Hurts left and he has a couple of IDPs:  Dre'Mont Jones and Hasson Reddick.  Reddick can get 17 on his own so I am crossing my fingers that Hurts is able to go.  Otherwise it's gonna be a nailbiter that I'll probably lose.  This team of mine is CURSED, I tell ya.  The rash of injuries I've had and the rigamarole I've gone through to replace injured players is insane.

I'm up 29 in a 12-team IDP dynasty where I still have Jason Myers to kick for me.  He has Hurts.  Should be good unless Hurts plays and absolutely blows up.

In my 16-team work redraft I'm up 40 but they have the Philly D.  After seeing what the Seahawks did on D a couple months ago, anything is possible.  

And finally, in a 10-team redraft, I am crushing by 60 but they have Gainwell and Jake Elliott.  Should be OK

Well, I needed Olave and  Hill to play, since I started them.  And Hurts is my QB.   Thank God my opponent this week is the guy who started Dak and also Atwell leaving me 20 points ahead.  So I need Hurts to either sit it out, or Play and not throw it backwards all night to get -20 points.  Being this is FF, that's probably a possibility.

10 pts from goedert in 1 pt ppr. 

f'n art smith and bijan! this should have been wrapped up

on the bright side.... my ffpc team was as high as 9th yeasrterday ....until the afternoon games.  now at 139, but will see that drop tonight too

22 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

10 pts from goedert in 1 pt ppr. 

f'n art smith and bijan! this should have been wrapped up

The Goedert one should happen  :tup:

And yeah, Art Smith is an idiot.  Bijan should have had 20 points against CAR.  Instead he runs Tyler Allgeier.  Bijan and his 0.4 points is probably a reason I'll survive in the Guillotine league noted above.  I was actually trying to add Bijan to my squad (he was on the cut team last week) but ended up getting Ekeler instead.  Starting Ek over Cook was a mistake though.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Hope everyone's teams blew up this past weekend!  Lots of question marks going into MNF this week with both teams' QBs questionable.  Their respective WRs would certainly be affected if they were deemed out.  For me, I'm heavily invested... with Hurts, DK and Devonta Smith on teams where things are still up in the air.

In @Gopher's Guillotine league, I am 20 points ahead of the last place team, and I have DK and Devonta Smith.  He has A.J. Brown.  I *should* be OK here.

Remember... This one is total points (week 15-17), now that we are down to the Final 4.  Nobody gets chopped this week (and rosters are locked going forward).  Still a long way to go.  

5 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Remember... This one is total points (week 15-17), now that we are down to the Final 4.  Nobody gets chopped this week (and rosters are locked going forward).  Still a long way to go.  

oh that's right!  thanks for reminding me... hopefully my bonehead RB/WR decisions won't end up biting me in the butt

Had a pretty good week overall, but still a couple of tight matchups up for grabs.  

Fusion IDP Dynasty - Up against @SteelBunz in this one, which was back and forth all day yesterday. I had jumped out to a decent lead after TNF and Saturday, but Bunz's team is no joke, and it was neck and neck last night.  She got next to nothing from Ekeler, Henry, and Diggs.  Meanwhile, I got "Bijan'd" for negative points.  Still thought I liked my chances until late in the Rams-Commanders game... As soon as Brissett replaced Howell, McLaurin went OFF and I watched my lead (or what was left of it) disintegrate before my own eyes. I'm now down about 7 pts, and I've got DeVonta Smith going against Jordyn Brooks tonight.  Both of those guys could do anything tonight... Smith has hit double-digits in 5 of his last 6, and 20+ three times this year.  But he's also had less than 7 pts four times.  Meanwhile, Brooks was a machine early in the year, hitting double-digits in eight weeks straight to start the season.  In his last five, however, he's been in single digits four times (including three weeks with five or less pts). Of course, in the one week in which he DID hit double-digits recently, he put up 28.  I have no idea who this is going to end.  Probably a nail-biter is my guess.  :unsure:

Local IDP Keeper - I'm up TWO points, with AJ Brown going against Charbonnet.  Brown has been a stud all year, but Charbs has been coming on strong lately. May depend on who's healthy between Hurts and Walker.  :shrug:

Home Field Advantage 32-team IDP Dynasty - I'm up 56 with DK Metcalf going tonight.  That said, my opponent still has SIX players left.  WR Smith-Njigba, Seattle TMPK, DE's Nolan Smith and Darrell Taylor, LB Brooks, and S Love.  Still like my chances, but a lot is still up in the air.  

ConFusion IDP Dynasty - Up 41, with Smith and Byard against Hurts and Lockett.  SHOULD be OK, but you never know. @dillhole007

Dyamonds are Forever IDP Dynasty - Up 51, with Smith against Walker, Lockett, and Goedert.  Again, should be good, but who knows.  Lockett has one of those crazy "Lockett" games, and it's anybody's game. 

Local Keeper - Up 58, with Brown against Hurts and Smith.  Think I'm safe here.  

43 minutes ago, darin3 said:

And yeah, Art Smith is an idiot.  Bijan should have had 20 points against CAR.  Instead he runs Tyler Allgeier.  Bijan and his 0.4 points is probably a reason I'll survive in the Guillotine league noted above.  I was actually trying to add Bijan to my squad (he was on the cut team last week) but ended up getting Ekeler instead.  Starting Ek over Cook was a mistake though.

There must have been a correction/adjustment somewhere...down 8.

come on 5/40!!

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Hope everyone's teams blew up this past weekend!  Lots of question marks going into MNF this week with both teams' QBs questionable.  Their respective WRs would certainly be affected if they were deemed out.  For me, I'm heavily invested... with Hurts, DK and Devonta Smith on teams where things are still up in the air. @Gopher

In a 16-team redraft, I'm in the consolation bracket against @irish and down a healthy 37ish points.  I do have Jalen Hurts and D'Andre Swift, though.  He has Lockett and Goedert so I'm probably OUT here.  Oh well

Yeah,  I should've started McLaurin and our game would be over but is what it is.  If Hurts and Swift have big games and Lockett and Goedert throw up a 3 for 30 performance, you could pull it off. But we'll see.

The shame is, if I win, I'll have a record that's good enough to be in the top 4 playoffs but because I lost Chubb and Taylor, my first 2 draft picks in a 16- team, I don't have the points to get in.   Like you said, oh well. GL

Consolation playoff bracket for us!

3 hours ago, Gopher said:

Fusion IDP Dynasty - Up against @SteelBunz in this one, which was back and forth all day yesterday. I had jumped out to a decent lead after TNF and Saturday, but Bunz's team is no joke, and it was neck and neck last night.  She got next to nothing from Ekeler, Henry, and Diggs.  Meanwhile, I got "Bijan'd" for negative points.  Still thought I liked my chances until late in the Rams-Commanders game... As soon as Brissett replaced Howell, McLaurin went OFF and I watched my lead (or what was left of it) disintegrate before my own eyes. I'm now down about 7 pts, and I've got DeVonta Smith going against Jordyn Brooks tonight.  Both of those guys could do anything tonight... Smith has hit double-digits in 5 of his last 6, and 20+ three times this year.  But he's also had less than 7 pts four times.  Meanwhile, Brooks was a machine early in the year, hitting double-digits in eight weeks straight to start the season.  In his last five, however, he's been in single digits four times (including three weeks with five or less pts). Of course, in the one week in which he DID hit double-digits recently, he put up 28.  I have no idea who this is going to end.  Probably a nail-biter is my guess.  :unsure:

Great commentary, Gopher! This has been excruciating to live through! After losing Herbert last week, and consequently my bye week, I was limping into this playoff game...quite literally.

A glimmer of light when injury designations started disappearing. Then after TNF and the Saturday games...I thought I was toast. Might make it a respectable loss if my big time players showed up. Then they didn't. 🙄 A little Christmas magic happened when LaPorta had 3 Tds. Then Brissett remembered scary Terry can actually BE scary! Odd that I kept Minshew on my roster this year. Chicken pookie that I didn't start him over Fields. 😳 But then Lamar Jackson didn't score his usual 30+ for you!

And here we are...you hoping Mariota remembers how to play and remembers Smith is a receiver...and me hoping Jordyn can return to early season form after suffering through an ankle injury for 3 weeks.

Strap in!! It's going to be a bumpy ride!!😆😘

And Merry Christmas Huddlers!!🎄

• Like 1

3rd year of my first attempt at a keeper auction league with some buddies.

1st two years were a disaster. Went hard after Bijan this year, and that hasn't worked out too well. Luckily Gibbs has carried the load and I finally made the playoffs. 

Need 8 total points in ppr from Metcalf and D.Smith to win my first playoff game in the league and move on to the semis.

Edited by heehawks
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, darin3 said:

…. 1 more pt

10 hours ago, Gopher said:

Home Field Advantage 32-team IDP Dynasty - I'm up 56 with DK Metcalf going tonight.  That said, my opponent still has SIX players left.  WR Smith-Njigba, Seattle TMPK, DE's Nolan Smith and Darrell Taylor, LB Brooks, and S Love.  Still like my chances, but a lot is still up in the air.  

Well, if the score stands, I survived those two Love INT’s to win by less than a point. :unsure:

• Like 1