[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Brock Purdy a top 10-12 FF QB in 2024?

stevegrab

He's been moving up the weekly rankings, ROS rankings and average weekly scores. In my league he's 6th among QBs with almost 18ppg. 

Top 10 currently with weekly ppg (6pt all TDs, 1pt/10 rush/rec yds, 1pt/50 pass yds)

Allen (22.7), Hurts (21.5), Jackson (19.9), Prescott (19.1), Love (18.5), Purdy (17.8), Mahomes (16.7), Wilson (17.3), Mayfield (16.2), Goff (16)

Some pretty good QBs (FF scoring) not on that list, including Tua, Stafford, Stroud, Fields, Herbert.

Purdy has had some really good weeks especially in 2nd half of season (wk5 with 29 vs DAL, wk10 24 @JAC, wk11 26 TB,  wk13 31 @PHI, wk15 29 @ARI) lots of games near his average (PIT, NYG, ARI, CIN, SEA, WAS) and a few below average (LAR, CLE, SEA) and that stinker with BAL. His first 8 games averaged about 16, his last 8 closer to 20, and that was with a near 0 in BAL game. 

His stats say yes. He has a cheap contract which allows the team to build around him, at least through next year. At the end of the day, in FF, points matter. I see no reason why he won't be a QB1. 

Outside of one game I didn't really see anyone shut him down and I see no trend that way. He seems stable enough, points and performance wise. As Shaft alluded to his contract and supporting cast are good. Would I take him outside of SF and with a lot of offenses? Probably not but I can't even say that for sure. 

Edited by purplemonster

Yep that is a great contract for SF right now, probably a hefty extension coming as soon as they can (after 2024 regular season is completed is the earlier). 

When I got him in a trade (Lawrence, Swift and DAL TE for Purdy + Walker and some picks) earlier this year I did not seem him as a potential keeper. Now I am starting to think it a good possibility depending on my RB/.WR depth. 

Top 10/12?  Definitely.  Given his supporting cast (Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle and CMC out of the backfield), it's just way too many weapons not to be a QB1.  I don't think, however, he'll have many HUGH games where he's passing for 300+.  He'll settle in right around 240-260 yards and 2 TDs pretty much every week, with the occasional 3-TD game sprinkled in based on the supporting cast.  Good enough for a mid-low QB1 status in my mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

The good thing for next year is they will have a tough schedule and should be in close games.  I for sure think he's a top 10 qb next season.  As mentioned above, he has too many weapons not to be top 10.

What is particularly tough about next year's schedule? I know many fans still think a division win or #1 seed in the conference dictates a lot of the schedule, but it does not. Only 3 games each year are impacted by that. Of the 17 games they play 6 are in division, 4 are another division in NFC (3 year rotation) and 4 are another division in AFC (4 year rotation). The remaining 3 (including the new 17th game) are based on where you finished. Division winners play other division winners. 

Confirmed here  https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/nfl/chicago-bears/everything-to-know-about-nfl-schedule-how-it-works/324619/

From what I can In 2024 SF will play NFC North (last played in 2021), AFC East (last play in 2020), and the division winners from NFC South & East.  The 17th game would be a top AFC team, not from the AFC East, somebody like Baltimore (KC or south winner). 

This year they played the AFC north (pretty good) and NFC East (2 good teams).

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, he will be a top 10-12 QB next season. Also, Yes, they will face a tougher schedule but Purdy  is still growing and developing in NFL experience. His rookie year he played the latter half of the season so this year will be his first full season as a starter. Afterall he was Mr. Irrelevant when he got drafted so 31 other teams didn't think he could cut it being an NFL QB. I'd say he still has a chip on his shoulder and will.continue to grow and evolve into a Putdy darn good QB and the 49ers are Purdy darn glad they took a chance on him.

That Niner passing offense is insanely efficient, I think will depend a bit on how many pieces they are retaining. If not, they will need a bit more attempts to keep his value up you'd think. They have the lowest pass attempts but are like 2nd in TD passes. Are Aiyuk, Deebo, Kittle, CMC all coming back? I haven't heard anything so I assume so, but I am not sure. 

Edited by purplemonster

20 hours ago, purplemonster said:

That Niner passing offense is insanely efficient, I think will depend a bit on how many pieces they are retaining. If not, they will need a bit more attempts to keep his value up you'd think. They have the lowest pass attempts but are like 2nd in TD passes. Are Aiyuk, Deebo, Kittle, CMC all coming back? I haven't heard anything so I assume so, but I am not sure. 

Regardless of how the Niners finish this season I think they will try to keep the big time corps guys in San Fran. CMC, Deebo Aiyuk and Kittle. I don't think CMC or Kittle want to go anywhere else so we'll see how Deebo.and Aiyuk feel. Yeah their pass attempts per game this year is partly do to the run game being super efficient and Shanahan's game script. I do however think you could see and increase in Purdy's pass attempts per game. He'll.have more experience by next season so Shanahan will loosing the reins.up on him and let him go play. He'll be more confident in his game and I don't think 30 plus tds will be out of the question for him. The system is in place and it'll be his time to shine.

On 1/27/2024 at 12:34 PM, Anonymouse said:

Anyone concerned they might draft him some competition?

Nope, but solid depth can't hurt. 

Edited by irish