[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 1 NFL Gameday Discussion

Sivaro

53 minutes ago, Big John said:

and the slippery turf

That is really p1ssing me off. Brazil hosts the first NFL game in South America, weather is perfect and they couldn't put together an appropriate field.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chester said:

That is really p1ssing me off. Brazil hosts the first NFL game in South America, weather is perfect and they couldn't put together an appropriate field.

It is appropriate for soccer.

Barkley just scored his third touchdown.

Props to the Giants' front office for signing Daniel Jones to a big contract and letting Barkley walk. :sarcasm: 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Props to the Giants' front office for signing Daniel Jones to a big contract and letting Barkley walk. :sarcasm: 

Yup, that did not age well at all. 

9 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Barkley couldn't do this in NY with the Giants awful offensive line and weak weapons. 

If Barkley stays healthy he has a good chance to be RB1 this season. Amazing how good he looks behind a competent o-line. Hurts and Love both played very sloppy. Typical week 1 I guess when you don’t play and preseason ball

4 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Per CBS Love will miss 4-6 weeks.

His ACL and ankle were okay.

Yep, of course I have him on half my teams. So I guess I gotta roll with Goff and J. Daniels for the first half of the season. Ouch. Goes to show that maybe it IS worth getting two top tier QBs in ffb just for this reason. 

12 hours ago, heehawks said:

Yep, of course I have him on half my teams. So I guess I gotta roll with Goff and J. Daniels for the first half of the season. Ouch. Goes to show that maybe it IS worth getting two top tier QBs in ffb just for this reason. 

You'll be fine with either QB. The Lions are playing most of their games inside, huge boost for Goff.

Cooper Kupp is back to stud status!  

On 9/6/2024 at 9:45 PM, chester said:

I am sure the league gave their approval. My question is didn't these guys warm up on the field, and get a chance to pick the right spikes? 

As for the new kickoff rules, so far don't seem to be impacting things in a positive way, but I will bet injuries will be way down. 

38 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

It'll be interesting to see if Aaron can make it past the first play tonight. Other than that, I feel like this one is going to be a snooze-fest for everyone but 49er fans.

Injury came on the 4th play last year. 

Snooze-fest? Blowout style? 

9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Injury came on the 4th play last year. 

Snooze-fest? Blowout style? 

I don't think it will be really competitive. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

It'll be interesting to see if Aaron can make it past the first play tonight. Other than that, I feel like this one is going to be a snooze-fest for everyone but 49er fans.

depends on how game ready cmc, trent, and BA are.

NYJ have a lot of weapons and solid defense.  you never know in week 1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

depends on how game ready cmc, trent, and BA are.

NYJ have a lot of weapons and solid defense.  you never know in week 1

I agree, way too early to feel too optimistic or make prognostications, but I feel like the 49ers are going into the game in a much better position.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I agree, way too early to feel too optimistic or make prognostications, but I feel like the 49ers are going into the game in a much better position.

This could be the most vulnerable/beatable the 49ers are this season.