[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just Won/Just Lost

whomper

Just lost, my opponent needed 16 points from Bennett to close the gap on me, and Bennett already has 23 (we get a 1 pt/reception bonus).

However I just won in a sense -- I make the playoffs in my league. 10 team league w/ a 4 team playoff. I tied with another guy for 4th place, we split head-to-head, and total points is the next tie-breaker. I get into the playoffs by a 1.97 point difference! My team has 1859.16 points vs. 1857.19 for his team. The difference? Yesterday, the 2 catches Pittman had on TBs desperation drive at the end of the game, and Longwell's FG to win the game made up the gap in points. Gotta love FFL!

Was up by 27....but that second TD by Bennett did me in (he almost started Keyshawn in place of Bennett :D )

I've lost 4 in a row and tied with 2 others at 9-5, but should still get the no. 1 seed due to total pnts. :bigshock:

The number 3 seed in our league was barely hanging on to a lead ... he had Chris Brown vs Larry Johnson and Eddie Kennison.

Brown looks to be done and Larry Johnson pops off a 40+ yard TD run.

This means I get the number 2 seed next week ... and believe me I preferred to have the number 1 seed. :hoppingmad:

I just lost. I had a 5 point lead going into tonight with my opponent starting Mason. I knew Mason was just going to tease me all night and then stick a dagger in my heart. This means I miss the playoffs in my 12-team redraft league. Check out my team and tell me I don't have the worst luck in the world:

QB- Aaron Brooks, Brian Griese

WR - Randy Moss, Torry Holt, Darrell Jackson

RB - Ladainian Tomlinson, Reuben Droughns, Julius Jones, Thomas Jones, Maurice Hicks and Jesse Chatman

TE - Antonio Gates

K - David Akers

D/ST - Broncos (been playing matchups with free agent defenses most of the year)

This week I played against the guy with the Buffalo D/ST. They scored 36 points which cancelled out 4 of my guys.

Tomlinson - 18 points

Julius Jones - 12 points

Gates - 1 point

Akers - 5 points

Seems messed up that a defense can offset all those guys. :D

I just lost.  I had a 5 point lead going into tonight with my opponent starting Mason.  I knew Mason was just going to tease me all night and then stick a dagger in my heart.  This means I miss the playoffs in my 12-team redraft league.  Check out my team and tell me I don't have the worst luck in the world:

QB- Aaron Brooks, Brian Griese

WR - Randy Moss, Torry Holt, Darrell Jackson

RB - Ladainian Tomlinson, Reuben Droughns, Julius Jones, Thomas Jones, Maurice Hicks and Jesse Chatman

TE - Antonio Gates

K - David Akers

D/ST - Broncos (been playing matchups with free agent defenses most of the year)

This week I played against the guy with the Buffalo D/ST.  They scored 36 points which cancelled out 4 of my guys.

Tomlinson - 18 points

Julius Jones - 12 points

Gates - 1 point

Akers - 5 points

Seems messed up that a defense can offset all those guys.  :D

609534[/snapback]

That is brutal.That team definetely belongs in the playoffs..Hate those dagger losses that stay with you for days.

That is brutal.That team definetely belongs in the playoffs..Hate those dagger losses that stay with you for days.

609544[/snapback]

Tell me about it. I'm going to end up finishing 2nd in overall points, 1st in overall breakdown, yet 8-6 and miss out on the playoffs. :D

Oh well, at least my team in my 10 man league is still alive. That doesn't make me feel any better right now though. :D

Edited by Skrappy1

If anyone just won or lost (especially a playoff spot) because of that Chiefs DTD...

Of course, no one is really starting the Chiefs D these days, are they?

609586[/snapback]

Just thinking the same thing, fumble recovery and a DTD. Someone probably has them somewhere.

Just lost in my primary- trailed by 56 with Blaylock, Gonzo & KC Special Teams going- lost by 20.

Just held on to win in my secondary (Huddle's PAFFL League)- Was up by 40 with Blaylock, he had Trent Green & Kennison- I won by 9- whew.

I'm only in 2 leagues so at least I still have a fantasy game to play this coming week. :D

In our wildcard game, I just won by 1 point due to Billy Volek's last pass. In a league with 6 point passing TDs (and negatives for turnovers), he put up a remarkable 45 points tonight. My most dramatic win in 10+ years of FFL, especially considering I have neither Green or McNair and took a HUGH risk by even starting him.

And if it was a tie, the other team held the tiebreaker due to h2h record and total points. Unbelievable. As they say, better lucky than good.

Now excuse me while I have 3 consecutive heart attacks.

Edited by Jo

I won with Brown's TD, but then lost with his 2 fumbles. I lost by 2 points and his fumbles cost me 4 points. We were tied and I had Brown and he had Tynes and Gonzo, they got him 14 points and Brown got me 12 after his fumbles. Tiki also fumbled 2 times costing another 4 and Manning threw for 298 just 2 yards short of 4 more points. What an aweful way to lose, but there is always next year I guess.