[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie White Passes Away

Glabra

Maybe the greatest DE ever. I followed his career closely because he was a Tennessee Volunteer. I was shocked to hear of his death today. He was only 41 years of age, the same age as me. He was the Minister of Defense and will be sorely missed..

I met Reggie once at a steakhouse in Green Bay.  He was very polite and took the time to sign autograhs for everyone who asked.

My deepest sympathies to his family......

631525[/snapback]

I met him outside op Lambeau when I was trying to get his autograph for my son. He was always surrounded by dozens of kids and was always patient and kind to everyone. He told them all o behave and if they blocked them while he was walking to the locker room they wouldnb't get an autograph, but was gentile and honest.

You know White was fit and he didn't mess with any drugs, so a massive heart attack is really surprising.

631528[/snapback]

.... ya never know. Reggie was a hugh man....... not uncommon for people of that size & stature to die that way.... and after leaving football alot of players gain alotta weight as they're not doing the same strenuous workout regiment that their bodies were used to during their playing career.

Also could have been a hereditary defect...... blood clot..... a number of things can cause that without warning.

Sad news at any rate for sure. :D

Reggie was one of the most loved and respected players here in Philly as well as Green Bay. I had met him personally a few times. He was a huge man and in great shape. He was actually a little younger than me. This is a great shock.

Reggie was one of the most loved and respected players here in Philly as well as Green Bay. I had met him personally a few times. He was a huge man and in great shape. He was actually a little younger than me. This is a great shock.

631605[/snapback]

Reggie was a mountain of a man. I was in college when I met him and I was 6'-1" 185# and I was about the size of one of his legs.

Reggie was a mountain of a man.  I was in college when I met him and I was 6'-1" 185# and I was about the size of one of his legs.

631616[/snapback]

He had hands that were huge, my wife still remembers shaking his hand and commenting that her hand compared to his, was like an infants to an adult. His head was like the size of a basketball. He was a mountain.

Very Sad :D